PDA

View Full Version : white feces

victor_r
10-31-2010, 06:13 PM
all 6 of my discus have white feces but i only see it when i feed mysis shrimp other wise it seems fine they all act fine and eat like pigs

Jennie
10-31-2010, 06:14 PM
take them off the shrimp and see what happens:) wouldn't worry just yet. Some foods do this

victor_r
11-01-2010, 05:32 PM
here is a pic this started last night its really puffy and solid white when i feed the fish comes to the food and does nothing know i have had it for about two moths and qt it treated with tetracylamine bc it had a bacterial infection it is all cleared up also had fed it with angels plus de-worming flakes active ingredient fenbendazole any one know what is going on

victor_r
11-01-2010, 05:44 PM
also have ben observing it it shakes alot then will jet to one side of the tank and sit there a few minutes and do it again

jimg
11-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Any Fluke symptoms?

CARY_GLdiscus
11-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Quinine Sulfate time!

victor_r
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
what would the symploms be for flukes and know nothing about Quinine Sulfate

jimg
11-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Heavy breathing, flashing,rubbing etc. I mention this because you said it had a previous bacterial infection,white feces and shakes a lot.
flukes and other parasites can cause bacterial infections. you may have treated the infection but not the cause of it. Just one common thing I would check for.Then go for internal.

victor_r
11-01-2010, 10:00 PM
no heavy breathing that i can tell it was flashing all the time up untill yesterday now its stripe stay black and it seems to be loosing color i have not seen any rubbing the infection was on the side it was a yellow nasty looking thing and i have not seen it holding its fins to its body also looks to have clear eyes any guess what is going on also how to help him if its internal will metro work or what would be best

jimg
11-01-2010, 11:09 PM
You should fill out the disease questionnaire, Eddie and others will help you more with that filled out. I am not the best to help with disease section, If it didn't have the yellow sore on it I would start with metro then deworm then kanamycin.
I use a scope and try to be sure what I have first.
There are so many things it can be from. IME once they have white feces it's usually not a good outcome.

victor_r
11-02-2010, 08:50 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

has cloudy thick white feces ate good today have have it for about two months i did qt hat a bacterial infection the day after i got it i treated with tetricyclomine also fed it angels plus de worming and imune booster have ben in my show tank for two to three weeks was flashing alot know seems to be loosing color and showing its stripes all the time also shakes then jets across the tank

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

angels plus de worming and tetricyclomine[COLOR="blue"][/]

COLOR

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
55 gal 1yr 6 discus two 4" four 2" one 4" bushy nose pleco

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
change 15 gal every 3 days planted tank use tap water
6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _____81

- ph _____6.8

- ammonia reading ____0

- nitrite reading ____0

- nitrate reading ____5

- well water ____

- municipal water ____
hardness150
alkalinity120

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

none but i did remove a huge 18 to 20 inch amazon sword plant that this particular fish always was around and this did seem to really start after i removed it

Eddie
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Is the fish eating? If so, I'd do a round of antibiotic flake treatment from angel plus. If the fish is not eating, you will want to treat with Kanamycin for internal bacteria infection. This is something that will need to be done in a hospital tank as Kana will nuke your biofiltration when used at the correct amount.

victor_r
11-03-2010, 12:24 AM
it didnt eat for two days it would come to the food but just swim around with the others today it did eat beef heart in the morning and in the afternoon i have the deworming and imune booster from angels plus if i need the others could i get the web site again please also were do i find Kanamycin whould www.nationalfishpharm.com be a good place to order from also would you have a guesse what this would be

Eddie
11-03-2010, 12:29 AM
it didnt eat for two days it would come to the food but just swim around with the others today it did eat beef heart in the morning and in the afternoon i have the deworming and imune booster from angels plus if i need the others could i get the web site again please also were do i find Kanamycin whould www.nationalfishpharm.com (http://www.nationalfishpharm.com) be a good place to order from also would you have a guesse what this would be

You can pick it up from Dan at Elite Aquaria, 4fishstuff.com or Jehmco

victor_r
11-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Kanamycin how di i properly treat and i got a 20 gal tank to treat in how much do i use what is water change shcedule water temp do i remove carbon and how long do i treat for lights on or off sorry just want to cover all bases

Eddie
11-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Kanamycin how di i properly treat and i got a 20 gal tank to treat in how much do i use what is water change shcedule water temp do i remove carbon and how long do i treat for lights on or off sorry just want to cover all bases

180 mg per each gallon, treat every 3 days for a total of 3 treatments. Perform a large water change before every re-dose and be sure to add the antibiotics before filling the tank.