PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some discus in the Central Michigan Area

MountainTown
11-08-2010, 08:59 PM
I need some discus for my 90gal. I would like fry so i can watch them grow.

Skip
11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I need some discus for my 90gal. I would like fry so i can watch them grow.

what size do you consider Fry.. ?

MountainTown
11-09-2010, 06:08 AM
quarter, half dollar size

Northwoods Discus
11-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi Mountain Town. I assume it is the Mount Pleasant with no mountain you are referring to. I am in Mount Pleasant and have a group of discus juvies that are for sale. I have some in an aquarium in my office if you would like to have a look. Northwoods Pet Care Center. They are blue cobalt blue diamond crosses. I also have some rams available.

MountainTown
11-10-2010, 12:08 AM
you are correct. I would like to stop by and take a look.

Northwoods Discus
11-10-2010, 09:08 AM
You can stop by the clinic to see the ones I am keeping there. I have about 50 at home that I have for sale if you like them.
To grow out discus it is best to do it in a bare bottom tank to get the largest size. I grew out the parents in a planted tank and the male is very large so it can be done. If you don't care about max size then you can do it in a planted tank. Feel free to stop by an look. Just call the clinic or look us up. I know you can not PM yet I think you have to have at least 5 posts to to so.

jimmyjoe
11-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm in Lorain County, Ohio about 1 hour east of Toledo and I have some juvie Red Tefe's for sale about 2". These would be pick-up only, so if interested send me a PM............Jim

mattsoccer20
11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
hey i a looking for some discus to i am looking in around the same area in michigan or ohio so if someone can post a phone number or email me at mattsoccer20@gmail.com that would be great thanks!:D

Northwoods Discus
11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Mattsoccer what city are you in? What are you looking for? Do you have discus now or are you just starting out? What type of set up do you have?
My discus babies are about 7 months old and a good size to start with. Still growing but not babies that would require extreme care like small fry would.

mattsoccer20
11-11-2010, 04:41 PM
well i live in brighton michigan, but i vist ohio all the time. and i am looking for like some kind of yellow discus, or any like red pretty onces besides blue diamonds and orange pigeon blood. i am just starting out and i am proubly going to get like a 56 or 60 or 65 gallon tank. i dont have the tank yet but i am looking to get one for xmas, and i want to fill the tank with discus. so ya what kind of discus do you have?

Skip
11-11-2010, 06:56 PM
quarter, half dollar size

you are better off getting larger fish.. i got fry.. and now i am too impatient and they are very demanding if you want to them to grow out properly..

just know that you will have bigger ones that grow out.. and others that won't grow at all..

larger fish have already gone thru this processes.. and they are much stronger..

however.. good luck in what you choose!

mattsoccer20
11-11-2010, 07:10 PM
so ya i am looking for a yellow discus or like a leopard cross or a leopard. so if anyone has somthing like this email me at mattsoccer20@gmail.com and i live in michigan but i go to ohio all the time so im looking for some in ohio or michigan thanks:D

mattsoccer20
11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
o also any know how to post a thread? or i dont know if its called a thread or not but i want to post somthing for everyone to see and post on like this. but i dont know how to post somthing?? someone help plz:confused::confused:

MountainTown
11-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Hey northwoods, I stoped and looked at the discus. How much are you asking?

Northwoods Discus
11-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Asking $25.00 each. Recommend 6 to 10 together. You can pick out the ones you want if you are interested. The fish available are at my home. Let me know if you are interested and when you are ready.