PDA

View Full Version : my pigeon discus is sick

discus_novice
11-11-2010, 09:29 AM
i really want help from all of you.my 4.5 inch yellow pigeon doesn't take food for 3 days.i feed them goat heart mixture,tetra bits and frozen dried bloodworms.actually this discus is the dominant one of my tank.it ate bloodworms and tetra bits madly.but for 3 days refused to take any food.moreover,this discus is also shy and lethargic in movement.:(
help me sirs what i have to do?:(

DiscusLoverJeff
11-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Has your water parameters changed some how? Can you post what your readings are?

PAR23
11-11-2010, 11:56 AM
i really want help from all of you.my 4.5 inch yellow pigeon doesn't take food for 3 days.i feed them goat heart mixture,tetra bits and frozen dried bloodworms.actually this discus is the dominant one of my tank.it ate bloodworms and tetra bits madly.but for 3 days refused to take any food.moreover,this discus is also shy and lethargic in movement.:(
help me sirs what i have to do?:(

Sorry to hear about your fish DN...Please start here.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=38545

Skip
11-11-2010, 12:01 PM
i.i feed them goat heart mixture,tetra bits and frozen dried bloodworms.

GOAT.. HEART?!?!

Second Hand Pat
11-11-2010, 12:40 PM
GOAT.. HEART?!?!

Maybe he does not have BH available in his locale.

Eddie
11-11-2010, 07:19 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=38545

discus_novice
11-11-2010, 09:12 PM
my water parameters are fine..ph is 7.0.temp. is 30 deg. ammonia and nitrite are 0 ppm.
ya,we don't have beef heart available here.so i feed them goat heart mixture.

discus_novice
11-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Problem->
this yellow pigeon doesn't take food for 3 days.it was the dominant discus of my tank.but refused to take any food now.

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
before 3 days while i fed them i noticed that this discus didn't move towards food as all my discus took food from my hand.it stayed close to the driftwood.its movement was also shy and lethargic.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
not eating,hiding.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
i separate it in a 2*1*1 hospital tank.i treated it with metrogyl 400.i change 70% water change daily and after each w/c i give 1 metrogyl 400 into that tank.but still no improvement at all...

Tank/Water
i have a 48*18*18 inch show tank with municipal water.

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
48*18*18 inch,1.5 years of age.5 discus. all are 4-5.5. inch.

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
i change 30% water daily.it's a bare bottom tank.ya i cycle my tank for 28 days while i first introduced discus.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _____30 degree

- ph _____7.0

- ammonia reading ____0.0 ppm

- nitrite reading ____0.0 ppm

- nitrate reading ____21 ppm.

- well water ____no.

- municipal water ____yes.

7. Any new fish/plants added recently-> no

PAR23
11-12-2010, 01:45 AM
What was your temp during Metro treatment and how long did you treat?

Eddie
11-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Is metrogyl a pill form? You may think about getting the pharmacuetical grade powder for a more effective treatment. In the future, don't fill the tank first and then add the metro. Drain the tank down, add the metro and then fill. ;)

discus_novice
11-12-2010, 03:45 AM
i set up the 30 degree celsius for my hospital tank.and i treated with metrogyl for 3 days.
yes it is in capsule form.but before adding it in my tank i pour it into a mug and keep it there for 10 minutes.then i mix it throughly in that mug before i add it in my tank.

sir,still this yellow pigeon doesn't take food.what i have to do?i am so worry about it...

Eddie
11-12-2010, 09:09 PM
i set up the 30 degree celsius for my hospital tank.and i treated with metrogyl for 3 days.
yes it is in capsule form.but before adding it in my tank i pour it into a mug and keep it there for 10 minutes.then i mix it throughly in that mug before i add it in my tank.

sir,still this yellow pigeon doesn't take food.what i have to do?i am so worry about it...

Its a capsule with powder or a tablet?

discus_novice
11-13-2010, 12:47 AM
it's a tablet.

Eddie
11-16-2010, 05:15 AM
it's a tablet.

Yeah, I'd get the powder form and follow a more strict treatment regimen.