PDA

View Full Version : Recipe, suggestions/comments

JaVia
11-15-2010, 03:41 PM
okay, so I am going to make my first meal for my babies. (THEY GET HERE THURSDAY <3 )
Anyways, I picked up some stuff, i would love feed back on anything else I should add, or what you think in general.
Here goes....

4oz Scallops
4oz Shrimp
4oz Tilapia
4oz Salmon
5oz Ground Chuck Fillet (they ones with the bacon around them, but I will remove the bacon)
Fresh Garlic
Frozen Spinach (or collard greens)
Paprika
Crushed Vitamins or Reptile Multi Vitamin Powder ( I have a chameleon also)
I bought gelatin and a bananna (and suggestions on which)
Should I add nori? (roasted seaweed)

What am I missing, what should I cut? Opinions?

Thanks!!!

joshuajames
11-15-2010, 05:03 PM
i like my fish. but they are not getting my fillets! lol i use some fish oil in my mix. omega3. your fish will love it.shoot... i would love it!

JaVia
11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Well, you would be shocked the price I paid! It was SO CHEAP. I walked in our store on a fantastic sale day. Plus I am only cooking for 10 so its not like feeding a small army.

William Palumbo
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Sounds good...but as for the fish fillets...best to use ocean raised fish. Maybe leave the Tilapia out as it's freshwater and could transmit "nasties" Wild Salmon and Cod is what I use for fish. Nori I use as well. Bannanas and shrimp usually bind it up nicely, where you don't need gelatin...tho many use it...Bill

jimg
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
For the binder I have used gelatin, more shrimp, agar powder. I swear by the agar powder! Makes cutting into 1/4" pieces easier,does not dissolve fast in warm water.
For the seaweed I use kelp powder and spirulina powder.

JaVia
11-15-2010, 08:00 PM
I can not find agar anywhere! I will have to order some for next time!
Tilapia not good? So many people used in it in their recipes so I thought it was okay. Damn.

Skip
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
How much garlic are you planning to use? throw in some extra pellets/flake food!

jimg
11-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah I order it too. I never tried tilapia, but I switched from white fish to salmon and it showed some in their color and appetite

JaVia
11-15-2010, 08:17 PM
I was planning on using one or two cloves or garlic.

Skip
11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I was planning on using one or two cloves or garlic.

just don't confuse CLOVE of Garlic.. for HEAD Of Garlic.. like i did :crazy:

JaVia
11-15-2010, 08:41 PM
hahahaha..... WOW...... sounds like something my husband would do. :)

cooksa
11-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Nice, Skip. Sure hope you're not a chef. ;)

Skip
11-15-2010, 11:39 PM
i have never used garlic before EDDIE's Seafood Recipe!.. i made a... SLIGHT miscalculation.. LOL

Eddie
11-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Looks okay, no need for gelatin and I'd skip the chuck fillets. The shrimp will bind everything well and the banana will also if its super ripe. Also, you could add a half cup of flake food to help bind more if you wanted.

hedut
11-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I can not find agar anywhere! I will have to order some for next time!
Tilapia not good? So many people used in it in their recipes so I thought it was okay. Damn.

you should go check at Asian super market usually they sell them

Disgirl
11-16-2010, 08:55 PM
I just made my second batch of Eddie mix and I agree, the banana and shrimp work great. Add some good quality dried foods too as in his recipe. No need for agar at all or gelatin.
Barb

JaVia
11-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Awesome, Well I made my first batch of Jen's Recipe, LOL. I am not sure if it is how it is supposed to look but it came out good.. I can not wait to test it out this weekend, I can say one thing, my cats sure seemed excited about it lol