PDA

View Full Version : Discus Plague

Yvonne
11-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced Discus Plague and if so, is there anything you can do for it.

Chad Hughes
11-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Yvonne,

Welcome to SD!

You're going to get a mixed response to your post.

There are over 100 posts regarding discus plague on this forum. Have you attempted to utilize the search function in the forum header to help you locate the discussions? If not, I would recommend it. Lots of great info.

Hopefully you either find what you are looking for through the search or receive a post that may help you wuth your quest for information.

Best wishes!

brewmaster15
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi Yvonne,
As Chad Said, asking for info on Discus Plague will get you a mixed bag of answers from everyone that believes it exists fervently and fanatically to the point of blindness to those that don't think its any one disease but a whole complex of illnesses with similar symptoms...

If I can make a suggestion?...If you have sick discus, take a few moments to tell us whats going on in as much detail as possible and theres a good chance we can steer you towards recovery.

Hth,
al

filling this form out helps us...
Disease Questionnaire - please complete

Please complete the questionnaire if your fish are sick (copy and paste)

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _____

- ph _____

- ammonia reading ____

- nitrite reading ____

- nitrate reading ____

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently