PDA

View Full Version : Gill Issue w/Blue Diamond

Trout
11-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Help my big blue is not well, some sort of growth or inflammation on his gills, all other fish are normal and happy.

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started: My big Blue has been under the weather lately his color is off and today I noticed an inflammation/growth on his gills. He is maybe 5 years old and there are 3 other adult discus with him with no symptoms.

2. Symptoms : a bit off color, not controlling the tank and it looks like some growth on both sets of gills

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
None so far. Treating with a mild dose of erthromycin to control cynobacteria a few weeks ago.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
110 gallon
4 adult discus
20 tetras
4 cories
2 brisselnose plecos
few otocincus

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
WC typically 50% every 6 days or more often/over 4 yrs/ planted aquarium, well water, no aging.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _84____

- ph __7.0

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading ____0

- nitrate reading __15__

- well water ____yes

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently- 6 tetras a couple of weeks ago

Eddie
11-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Tough call, hard to treat this in a planted tank. Might think of moving him to a hospital tank, treating and then after the fish is better, add him back to the community tank.

Trout
11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks Eddie, I'll try to get a picture posted when I get back home. Would a salt dip be a good start until I can get him in hospital tank?