PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Fish jumped out of tank!

danny2013
11-22-2010, 08:07 PM
So I went into my room after being out of it for a couple hours and after being in my room for about 30 second i noticed that my fish had jumped out! I immediately picked him up and threw him back in. He is now facing down slightly and breathing hard. he is swimming around a little to. He is very white looking. I am not sure how long he has been out of the tank but he was not dry when i put him in. Is there anything i can add to the tank to help him gain back slime coat? i do have prime. But i am not sure if i should add prime to the tank in this situation. Please give me some direction. Thanks, Dan

Eddie
11-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Just clean water and watch for bacteria infection. Make sure you have good air in the tank and probably dim the lights. The less stress the better for the jumper. ;)

danny2013
11-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks eddie. Any know reson for why he is pointing downwards?

Eddie
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
If I knew the answer to that, I'd be rich brother. LOL Obviously the fishes equilibrium is wacked from the fall and probably the lack of o2. ;) Hope he recovers and get a lid on that tank!

danny2013
11-22-2010, 08:33 PM
hes a big one. 6". I had egg crate on the tank and it has always been a problem with them spooking each other and them jumping. But never have they made it out. Just knocked the egg crate into the tank with them. I am going to fill a couple plastic Tupperware bowls with water and place them on top to add weight. It was a 4 foot fall. I hope he will be ok.

dean9922
11-22-2010, 09:40 PM
had the same thing happen to me 2 or so weeks ago, and I was not so lucky......he was pretty dead by the time I found him lying on the floor. Looking back now however, if I would have put him back in the tank....maybe he would be swimming nose down now....lmao
seriously, I hope it works out for you...it sucks to loose a fish that way.....I know....

danny2013
11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
He is swimming normal now. No longer pointing downwards. I thought he was dead when i put him back in the tank but i quickly revived him by holding him in the power heads current for a minute. I'll give you guys an update tomorrow afternoon. thanks!

Eddie
12-02-2010, 09:19 AM
He is swimming normal now. No longer pointing downwards. I thought he was dead when i put him back in the tank but i quickly revived him by holding him in the power heads current for a minute. I'll give you guys an update tomorrow afternoon. thanks!

Sounds good, how is he now?