PDA

View Full Version : My fishtopia!

cobsterrr
11-23-2010, 02:44 PM
First off I'd like to say that these forums have been nothing short of amazing. Great people, input, friendliness and most importantly pictures! I have a 60gallon JEBO tank that recently (4 months ago) decided to start over and make into a discus tank. Over the past 4 months i've slowly but surely filled the tank with plants discus and discus mates. It has been an amazing time and its awesome to take pictures after each plantscaping and discus addition and note the progression. I was looking back at some of my pictures and videos and thought I would share my tank with you guys and see whats your opinions and suggestions.

3 of my discus (blue cobalt???, the red turk with stress bars??, red melon who has a lot of peppering bc of the black sand i use)

the other 5 discus come from Kenny and i couldnt be any happier, i'm dying for a bigger tank just to order more!!!:bandana: I ordered a pearl pigeon, AESi select grade, checkerboard pigeon, snow white, and golden diamond select grade.\

I'm not the best photographer but tell me what you guys think :) IT WONT LET ME UPLOAD PICTURES ITS TOO BIG ANY SUGGESTIONS???

heres a video of them feeding for now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDGt5hkfBQQ

joe98ss
11-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Thats great they have an awesome appetite and attack the food like piranhas Lol.

Disgirl
11-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Very nice tank of discus and plants and tetras! But when you get a bigger tank, as you sure might, try white pool filter sand like I did. Your fish will lighten up immediately and plants grow well in the sand too. Be sure to quarantine any new fish before going into the tank.
Barb

DiscusKev
11-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Nice shape on the Golden Diamond!

cobsterrr
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Nice shape on the Golden Diamond!

Thanks! Actually last night i was watching my altum flora and golden diamond and they finally laid their first batch of eggs in the community tank! I'm considering getting a breeding tank and setting it up for them, but wonder how their fry would look :/ Anywho i caught a video of them doing their business, its funny they only get together and attempt to lay eggs when they are under my Blue 4K light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxy8YyaN1e4

Disgirl - thank you! White sand is def my next gettup as i hate the peppering :(