PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help

navydiscus
11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
I have had 6 discus in my 54 gallon planted tank for about 2 months now. All had been going great until i noticed that they were starting to get some kind of red hair like spikes coming out aroud there anus that are maybe 1mm long. A couple of them are starting to poop white and slim like. I have treated them with tetra parasite guard for the alloted time however it doesnt seem like they are getting any better. Attached is a picture of the spikes. Does anyone know what this is, and the best way to get them back to normal?
Well unfortunately i dont have a post count greater than 10 so if someone still has an idea of what this could be, specifically the red spikes i would really appreciate it.

Second Hand Pat
11-24-2010, 11:56 AM
My uneducated guess is capillaria worms.

http://www.simplydiscus.com/library/disease_medications/internal/emaciated_discus.shtml

Folks here will want you to fill this out which you should cut and paste into this thread.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

Chad Hughes
11-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Welcome to SD!

Without being able to see the picture it certainly sounds like internal parasite/worms. Vermisol in the water should do the trick. There are tons of threads here on simply about the use of it and where to get it.

Hope that helps!

navydiscus
11-26-2010, 09:52 AM
I was able to send a photo to my breeder, and he said that it is most likely camallanus worms or capillaria. He recommeded i go to National Fish Pharmaceuticals and order Paracide X for the food and DE-LOS to put in the water. Has anyone had any expiriences with these products? I just overnighted theses meds on tuesday morning, but with the holiday coming up I probably wont get them until monday. If those dont work I will try Vermisol in the water afterward. Oh and thank you for the responces chad and pat. I'm still pretty new with discus, and i could use all the help i can get.

Eddie
12-02-2010, 09:26 AM
callumanus

levamisole or flubendazole

Chad Hughes
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Navy,

Any updates?

I hope all is well.