PDA

View Full Version : [Ask and Answer] All about caring discus fry

discus.hunter
11-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Dear guys,

i made this thread to sum up all about caring discus fry. But since i'm a newbie, i need your contributions to make this thread useful. Please share your knowledge, especially for masters in this forum. i will try to regularly update information & tips from all of you to put in first page so we can eliminate having redundant thread asking about this and that.

lets us start from food

FOOD
baby discus is very small, therefore it cannot receive any food larger from its mouth

1. discus first time food is its parents mucus, you can let the parents feed its fry from the egg
hatching time until a week old.

2. second food after its parents mucus. discus fry can be feed BBS until it is as big as 1 inch.

3. starting from 1 inch discus fry can start feeding sliced BW in order to shorten the
lenght of BW so the fry can swallow the BW

Can anybody share about water parameter?

please CMIIIW and share your knowledge all about fry

discus.hunter
11-25-2010, 02:15 AM
reserved

discus.hunter
11-25-2010, 02:23 AM
reserved

John_Nicholson
11-25-2010, 08:47 AM
LOL. Well you are sort of right....About 50% of fry can eat BBS from the very beginning. They will gladly eat it up to 3 inches in length. Also they will often start to eat BH at about 10 to 14 days.

Don't know if there really need to be a new thread about this. This info is though out many thread and at this point in time is really common knowledge.

-john

Second Hand Pat
11-25-2010, 10:36 AM
BW?

scottthomas
11-25-2010, 11:11 AM
BW = Bloodworm I would guess

hedut
11-25-2010, 11:38 AM
CMIIIW???

Second Hand Pat
11-25-2010, 12:45 PM