PDA

View Full Version : OK Guy and Gals, I got the groove now! I CAN CHANGE MY NAME NOW

discusmurderer
12-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I have been filtering my water every day from the tap through a 10 micron only and filtering it over and over in the barrels with sponge and carbon all packed in a container and so far i am doing water changes every day and there are no problems, i even got new fire red juvies and one week has gone with wc's and normaly they would be freaking out by now and they are not. Check out my fish with thier new lighting and cover. click on the pic its a video

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/discusmurderer/th_DSCI1651.jpg (http://s925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/discusmurderer/?action=view&current=DSCI1651.mp4)

Jennie
12-01-2010, 08:00 AM
good job picasso! so, something toxic in your water?? Now you also drink this water??

Disgirl
12-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Hey, they look great DM! I have to hand it to you, not giving up, after all you and your fish have been through. Sure hope you and your family are drinking good water. I wish you the best with these beautiful new fish, maybe use that cone one of these days!
Barb

roundfishross
12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
they look great!!!! congradulations!!

kaceyo
12-01-2010, 03:46 PM
That's great!!! Glad it worked out for you.

Dudley Eirich
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Congratulations on solving your water problem.

Skip
12-01-2010, 06:21 PM
soooooo!! will be your new name.... ?? DISCUS Phoenix! rising up from the ashes! :))

Elite Aquaria
12-01-2010, 06:50 PM
I am glad you got things worked out.

William Palumbo
12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Glad you figured it out as well. Tho I know your local petshop or breeder will mi$$ you!...Bill

jimg
12-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Glad to hear all is well, they look nice too!

BODYDUB
12-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm loving the color of that top right one...........

discusmurderer
12-01-2010, 11:48 PM
good job picasso! so, something toxic in your water?? Now you also drink this water??
Hi DL, something is toxic in the water and i have been drinking it 14 years now without filtration, mabey that explains my health problems. I am drinking and cooking with the filtered water for the fish.

Have you had your water checked for Lead levels?
In the us i am sure there are places to check these things but here its not that easy. it may be lead, i would have to figure out who to go to have it checked ( maybe its here http://www.carec.org/
I think i will carry some there to have it checked out.

Hey, they look great DM! I have to hand it to you, not giving up, after all you and your fish have been through. Sure hope you and your family are drinking good water. I wish you the best with these beautiful new fish, maybe use that cone one of these days!
Barb Hi barb , the ss and the turq is hanging around the cone and dancing for each other and runnng everyone else from that corner so u know what may come next!! I cant wait for them to lay.

they look great!!!! congradulations!!thanks for the comment.I was about to give up this being the seventh time trying with Discus in 20 years, If God did not give me this patience i would have stopped a long time ago.

That's great!!! Glad it worked out for you.Thanks Kacey,i would have given up long ago but u guys and gals were always here to give addvice.

Congratulations on solving your water problem. Not totally yet, i am going to put more filters.

I am glad you got things worked out.I am realy thinking of getting that six pack, i will give u a call when i am ready.

Glad you figured it out as well. Tho I know your local petshop or breeder will mi$$ you!...BillI really thought they were injecting thier fish with a disease to keep me comming back for more.I want to get some of the good stock u guys have over there!!!!

Glad to hear all is well, they look nice too!thanks! Man i love these fish! but i am supposed to love the lord with all my heart ,mind ,so i have to pray more!

I'm loving the color of that top right one...........[/QUOTE I love the blues and always have, i am all over this country and i cant find blue diamonds, that is next on my list.

[QUOTE=warlock4169;703308]soooooo!! will be your new name.... ?? DISCUS Phoenix! rising up from the ashes! :))

Hah!lol, I like that, I was almost ready to set myself on fire, I think i wil go back to ( Darylddiscusman)

Elite Aquaria
12-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Ok just give me your address and I can give you a quote.