PDA

View Full Version : Two pairs doing it at the same time

hironobu
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Same night, 2 hours apart. Leopards doing it in the breeding tank, and surprisingly Turq + Albino doing it in the big tank. Guess Leopards gonna have to take care of both fries.

Melissa
12-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Both pairs are just beautiful! Congrats! I hope both spawns go well and you'll be up to your ears in fry!!

hironobu
12-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks, I'll try to take better pictures next time. Hopefully the eggs hatch and I can start a journal. I had previous fries from my PB + Marlboro Red pair but never documented their growth. It should be a fun project now that I have a little more time on my hand and x'mas holidays around the corner.

I'm a little concerned for the Leopard pair because I think they are both female. They had a batch of unfertilized eggs last week in the big tank so I moved them to the breeding tank for monitoring. My concern came from the abnormal amount of eggs on the cone (300+). Unfortunately I was not home to witness the ritual so the mystery remains.

The BT + Albino pair came as a surprise because BT male used to be with my LSS female and Albino female laid eggs with another Leopard male. However since I had to make room for the Leopard pair in the breeding tank I introduced Albino + Leopard to the RT + LSS in the big tank and volia - 2 hours into the new tank they swapped partners and got busy. Right now BT+Albino are 'fenced' off from the LSS and Leopard. This is the first time these two got together so my fingers are crossed.

I never expect homosexuality and adultery happen in my house. Let's hope I am wrong since I really fancy a tank full of Leopards and Albino Turqs. :)

Melissa
12-08-2010, 03:40 AM
It's not unheard of to have 300+ eggs. I've had it happen once with my proven pair of white butterfly x white scorpion Throwbacks. If they are on the younger side and just getting started breeding, you might just have a male not doing his job yet. Patience is key!

Chad Hughes
12-08-2010, 06:58 AM
That's my girl!

Well done Melissa!

On my way to San Fransisco. Talk to you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twocat
12-08-2010, 07:37 AM
There must be something in the air, you may want your wife to go in your fish room, you never know.

Melissa
12-08-2010, 10:31 AM
LOL! Thanks Chad! You're so silly!

It may just be something in the air twocat!!
Maybe because its been cold... just the right temp fluctuations and it can send them into breeding mode! I think thats what just recently happened for me... I had 3 pairs suddenly emerge out of my main tank and all of them have had a very nice run with breeding, ive gotten a good number of fry out of them considering theyre all beginners! The house gets so cold at night, the tanks heater isnt keeping up and the tanks drop a few degrees every night....

dawrtw
12-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Do you know what color the fry will turn out to be with the blue and the gold couple? I have the same combo warming up to each other and wondered what I might expect.

Skip
12-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Sexy Time!!

http://files.sharenator.com/quagmire_giggity_giggity_goo_RE_Sweet_Victory_DBGT-s433x481-38244-580.jpg

hironobu
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
There must be something in the air, you may want your wife to go in your fish room, you never know.

I don't have a wife yet, not sure if it is a good thing or bad. :P

I'm also curious as to what kind of fry they will produce. I suppose some Full Blue Turqs and some Albinos and some with half the Turq markings?