PDA

View Full Version : fungus on eggs ?

ss16534
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
hi ,
my discus laid around 150 eggs ,,, some eggs got fungus but most of them got hatched but wrigglers were around the fungus area and are falling down from tht fungus so is there any meds i can use in future ? thanks

ss16534
12-09-2010, 03:40 AM
there are 15 wrigglers in fungus ...is it safe for them to feed on mom and dad skin ?
plz advice urgent ????????????????????

Melissa
12-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Here is a link you may find helpful http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?82431-Egg-fungus-Harmful&highlight=eggs+and+fungus

The fungus is not necessarily harmful, so dont panic. Just read the thread above, it has a lot of useful information for you. Including which medications you can use to prevent fungus in the future.

ss16534
12-09-2010, 08:00 AM
thank you SoCalDiscusMama ,,,,,,,,hope this solves my problem in future

Melissa
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
You're welcome :-)

It is important to note in case you missed it said elsewhere... If you are going to use a medication as a preventative measure to avoid fungus problems in the future... You should only treat the eggs with the Meds, not wrigglers... At least that's my understanding of it. I don't think the wrigglers would handle it very well.

If I'm mistaken anyone else feel free to correct me.

CliffsDiscus
12-09-2010, 09:14 PM
90 percent hatch rate is already very good, just make sure your water quality is the same for the next spawn.

Cliff

Melissa
12-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Update ss? How are things going now? Did the fry successfully attach to the parents?

Dutchy
12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
methylene blue will stop the fungus but i dont recommend using it if ur keeping the eggs with the parents.. only artifical. the parents usually will take the fungus off

ss16534
12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
hi,,
most of wrigglers were at bottom of tank so they didnt survive ...i think coz of fungus they didnt stick,, mom n dad (discus)tried to stick them on pot but they were unsuccessful .....................lost all

wendy9722
12-29-2010, 03:41 PM
RIP

mmorris
01-02-2011, 10:27 AM
hi,,
most of wrigglers were at bottom of tank so they didnt survive ...i think coz of fungus they didnt stick,, mom n dad (discus)tried to stick them on pot but they were unsuccessful .....................lost all

Sorry to hear. I've had wrigglers fall to the bottom before. I've heard, but I can't say it's true, that it tends to happen with young parents. I suspect the fungus had nothing or little to do with it. Chin up; there'll be another batch before you know it. You'll have freeswimmers.

ss16534
01-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Sorry to hear. I've had wrigglers fall to the bottom before. I've heard, but I can't say it's true, that it tends to happen with young parents. I suspect the fungus had nothing or little to do with it. Chin up; there'll be another batch before you know it. You'll have freeswimmers.
hi morris
second spawn also same thing happened they died in fungus this time , discus does not clean unhached eggs thats why fungus grows and cover all the wrigglers