PDA

View Full Version : Daily Water Changes and Eggs?

ceh23
12-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Do you still perform your daily WC w/ newly laid eggs? I was doing my daily water change and noticed I had eggs!! This morning they are guarding and only a few are white. My question is...should I perform my WC tonight or wait?

Thanks!

kaceyo
12-19-2010, 06:14 PM
I di wc's as usual throughout the entire breeding process. Just don't let the eggs dry out if water level drops below the eggs.

Eddie
12-19-2010, 07:12 PM
I di wc's as usual throughout the entire breeding process. Just don't let the eggs dry out if water level drops below the eggs.

Ditto but I have let the eggs out of the water for short periods of time without any problems.

I've taken entire spawning sites out of the tank and exposed them to the air while moving pairs to breeders and never had any issues.

scottthomas
12-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Same here.

Ditto but I have let the eggs out of the water for short periods of time without any problems.

I've taken entire spawning sites out of the tank and exposed them to the air while moving pairs to breeders and never had any issues.

kaceyo
12-19-2010, 09:14 PM

Right, you can take the water level below where the eggs are, just don't let them dry out.

ceh23
12-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Looks like they ate the white eggs...are the clear ones bad too? They were darker this morning.

Eddie
12-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Depends, if they haven't turned white than they might be viable.

elninho
12-21-2010, 05:44 AM
I think (not that I am too experienced in this) that some un-fertilized eggs turn white later so you might think they are good ones in first 24-48h. You can tell difference only if they are close to your eyes AND you have some powerful magnifying glass. I think the good ones will become more darkish.

Eddie
12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I think (not that I am too experienced in this) that some un-fertilized eggs turn white later so you might think they are good ones in first 24-48h. You can tell difference only if they are close to your eyes AND you have some powerful magnifying glass. I think the good ones will become more darkish.

Eggs can be different colors when fertilized, completely going white is not fertilized.