PDA

View Full Version : Ackroken's Fish Room!

ockyra215
12-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Well I would like to give a hats off to Ken(Ackroken) for having a hell of a fishroom featuring Dale Jordans Fish and some of his own as well! I must say Top notch I was very impressed very clean and professional and the Fish are all top quality.Only thing if you go visit Ken Bring shorts and tshirt and flip flops cause its in the mid 90s lol! I picked up some of the Dale Jordan fish he imported and I must say very Nice all of them are uniform size and shape!I Highly Recomend! So if you are in the market for some Quality Juvies from Dale Jordan and your in the States drop Ackroken a line he has what you need:)

DiscusOnly
12-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Agree with Dave. Ken has a very well planned fish room with lots of attention to details. If you are planning a fish room, I suggest you have a talk with Ken for suggestions on setting it up.

I am not sure if it's 90 degree in there but that venless gas heater sure put out some heat. I was sweating in there with just a t-shirt.

Van

acroken
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks David and Van.
I know it's hot in there but what beats the cold weather better then my own little piece of the tropics. All i need now is some sand and some ladies in bikinis. Kidding aside, The room stays 88 deg. I am lucky to get fairly even heat distribution to both levels of my tanks. That was a huge concern of mine when planning this build. The tops stay at 87 and lower around 86. I know water is cooler then air but it is what it is. May be because the room is so well insulated( two layers of 2" polystyrene with 3/4 air space between them) and i pull my air off the ceiling and push it to the bottom of the lower tanks. I am working on a new duct system to possibly get the uppers cooler then the lowers. The extra it will cost to run these duct fans should allow me to back room temp down a few deg and save on my natural gas.

I have lots of Dale's discus in stock and more on the way. The babies are all doing extremely well. Two big water changes a day and always some food to pick on. Lucky fish! If you are looking for some very nice and rare f1's from wild stock, send me an email. I will set you up with the best i have.

Kenny

mlov1022
12-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Let's see those pictures Guys.:grin:

kaceyo
12-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Let's see those pictures Guys.:grin:

Ditto!!!

Eddie
12-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Ditto!!!

Ditto Ditto! LOL