PDA

View Full Version : Leopoldi Angels

mcarbe
12-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Does anyone have experience with Leopoldi Angels? I'm thinking of buying some but I'm not sure. I currently breed Koi angels and have had a lot of experience breeding discus but these guys have my curiosity

Harriett
12-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi, I have 8 of them, have had them for 3 years. What would you like to know? I would be glad to share my experience. I really like them. Got them as 2" juvies.
Best regards,
Harriett

mcarbe
12-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks, Harriet. I'm guessing discus water and temperatures should be good ? Also I'm not sure if they're going to be more difficult to acclimate being adults. What food are they happy with. Should I just treat them like discus?

Gordon C. Snelling
12-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I have had a 6 of them for a bit over a year now. They seem to be as hardy as regular angels. They eat anything I send their way. About 8 weeks after I got them had a pair spawn but nothing since then. For spawning they apparently like their water a bit on the acid side. Right now i have the group in a 100 gallon tank but am going to split them up in smaller tanks and see how they do there.

mcarbe
12-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks Gordon. I ended up buying 4 adults last night. They wanted $39 each for them but I talked them down to $29. They seem really good, their bars are really light now and this morning they ate some FBW. So I think things will be fine. I'm just not sure that being wild that I might need to deworm or treat them with anything.

Jennie
12-23-2010, 08:39 PM
wouldn't hurt giving them angelfishusa deworm flake

Gordon C. Snelling
12-24-2010, 01:36 PM
I agree, deworming them is not a bad idea.