PDA

View Full Version : An unexpected early Christmas present....

bonsai dave
12-25-2010, 05:02 AM
Well The past few weeks have been very challenging personal and with my discus tank . Having to deal with the set backs with my car accidents and also dealing with my wife's health issues. Then to finally finish my 170 gallon discus tank only to have it leak out 30 to 40 gallons of water . So now i have to shut the tank down , move the fish in to a diffrent and tear down the set up to clean up the water under the stand and on the back wall. I must say this year has been a very stressful year for fish keeping for me . Having to deal with the massive fish die off right before the Olympics to dealing with Capillaria worms from fish i got from discussdigger . Losing 5 expensive discus in the process. Then having to nuke my tank and in the process of doing that i think i might have destroyed any chance of having my wild breeding pair breeding again . The treatment i put the fish through took a tool on the wilds caught and it has taken them a lot time to get over the treatment. Well during this past week I was ready to get rid of my whole collection and sell my tanks but thanks to my wife she has help me through the difficult time. Then today I after coming home from church and I found my red cover and albino leopard snake skin discus laying eggs and i caught some of it on video. Well this made me day and week. I'm gald i didn;t give the away or up on them. Enjoy. Sorry for a long post. I need to vent.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af181/bonsaidave78/th_037-2.jpg (http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/af181/bonsaidave78/?action=view&current=037-2.mp4)

m.ingram
12-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Hey bonsia dave hopefully this is a sign that things are on the improve for you .Good luck and all the best

Keith Perkins
12-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Glad things are looking up a bit. Best of luck with the spawn. Are you considering moving the parents and spawn to a tank of their own?

wendy9722
12-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Best of luck with your spawn, wife, and family. I keep you in my prayers!

Happy Holidays,
Wendy