PDA

View Full Version : BREEDERS IN SOUTH FLORIDA.

dadecountyalan
12-30-2010, 01:40 PM
anybody know of quality breeders in south Florida besides angelwings usa and angelfish usa?????????

Discusgeo2
12-30-2010, 01:53 PM
These are the same person angelwings usa and angelfish usa but look in the Sponsor section you may find someone who can help you out.

jball1125
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Dan from eliteaquaria is a sponsor here with quality fish. There is also Gabe posada which runs wattleys hatchery. If you want Gabes number shoot me a pm.

HTH

dadecountyalan
12-30-2010, 02:51 PM
i know gabe and bought fish from him before but he trys to tell me that he breeds when i know he doesnt. he buys from locals and ships in fish. i contacted dan and hes been busy lately so i havent been able to pay him a visit. anyone else???

jball1125
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I have visited Gabes place many times and every time I'm there I see fry in his tanks so I'm not sure how he is not breeding. I have bought big quality adults from him at reasonable prices. Not sure if he raised those but it doesn't matter much to me anyway as long as I got healthy fish.

Don't know anyone else in south Florida who sells good discus. There are a couple of ads on Craigslist but the fish don't look too hot.

Darsenion
01-02-2011, 10:54 PM
I agree! I would rather have a quality discus over a rare, unhealthy, discus. I bought a discus off of craigslist and it was a nightmare. A little wild RSG, had internal parasites and deformed pectoral fins. Long story short I culled it because I could not get a refund. I also have to agree about Gabe I know he raises his fish, but what does that matter as long as they are healthy. And the funniest part about it is that dadecountyalan is the person who sold me this sick fish. He also gave me a spill about how Gabe does not raise his fish as to why i would not receive a full/partial refund. It just amazes me that he would still bad mouth Gabe when he is not the topic of discussion and the discus the dadecountyalan sold me almost wiped my 55 out.

Acro
01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
forget about it...... sflo sucks for discus purchases.
Sorry, ya need to have them shipped in.

Try Hans Discus if you want trouble free fish.

dadecountyalan
01-08-2011, 11:01 PM

the shipping price kills though.

Brevcom
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM
the shipping price kills though.

Dade did you come to vero and see Mary?

dadecountyalan
01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
i wish but ive been to busy between school and work. its a couple hours away for me so its tough.

jball1125
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Sorry you feel that way. I know at least 3 places to go get quality discus (2 of those are sponsors of simply).....