PDA

View Full Version : EHEIM Quick Vac Pro

Arjunpun
01-07-2011, 04:46 AM
EHEIM Quick Vac Pro.has anyone used this cleaner.is it worth to clean barebotttom tank?

Chad Hughes
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Never used one personally.

I can see how it may sound like a great idea, but daily siphoning of tank debris actuall accomplishes two things. First, you remove waste. Second, you are adding back fresh water.

This Vac only does half of that and is about 400 times more expensive than a piece of hose.

Something to think about!

Best wishes!

David Rose
01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
IME, this is one Eheim product that doesn't live up to the quality I expected from Eheim. The reason I say this is that I used to carry them as an IGO PRO Product and bought one myself to try. I found the pick up suction to be barely adequate and thus timely to use. I'm aware that you can invert the bottom vacuum piece from the scalloped edge to a smooth edge side, which will give you better seal/contact, but even then it didn't provide, IMO, good suction.

In short, don't waste your money.... use a vinyl hose.

mmorris
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
IME, this is one Eheim product that doesn't live up to the quality I expected from Eheim. The reason I say this is that I used to carry them as an IGO PRO Product and bought one myself to try. I found the pick up suction to be barely adequate and thus timely to use. I'm aware that you can invert the bottom vacuum piece from the scalloped edge to a smooth edge side, which will give you better seal/contact, but even then it didn't provide, IMO, good suction.

In short, don't waste your money.... use a vinyl hose.

That was my experience.

DiscusOnly
01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
If I am resorting to getting one of these for picking up the poop and excess in the bottom of the tank, I am quiting the discus hobby.

Arjunpun
01-07-2011, 04:36 PM
so ignore this product.it does sound too good to be true .