PDA

View Full Version : had to post this pic of a great rescue from the floods in QLD

lpiasente
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/photo.php?fbid=476745676614&set=a.476744921614.266484.120149701614

Jennie
01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
what's the story on the roos?

lpiasente
01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
sixty percent of Queelsland is a flood disaster area. An inland Tsunami ripped through on Monday causing major damaged. Ten people died and still 100 missing. Watching news footage of animals and live stock being swept away in the floods. I guess this fella plucked the roos out of the floods. It is just horrible it just makes you cry. They just said the area affected by the floods is bigger than the whole of Texas. devistating

Second Hand Pat
01-11-2011, 09:56 PM
That is an amazing picture, like the roos knew the guy was helping them.

lpiasente
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Yes they do look like they knew. I have no doubt the poor things were exhausted. Did you ever see the photo from the fires 2 years ago where the Koala was drinking from the fire fighters water bottle ?They know alright

Second Hand Pat
01-12-2011, 12:24 AM
They know. Animals are way smarter then we humans give them credit for. Sorry, I did not see that picture. You guys are having some tough times. :(

Rod
01-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Thats brilliant :)

lpiasente
01-12-2011, 02:07 AM
They know. Animals are way smarter then we humans give them credit for. Sorry, I did not see that picture. You guys are having some tough times. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do9AoKyjjQg
here is the link for sam the koala. just thought you might want to have a look. Sadly Sam did die. You would never know he is a wild animal

lpiasente
01-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Just realised there is more pics on this link. Click on previous to see them

goodoo
01-13-2011, 01:42 AM
awsome. Voices voices, I dont belive you he did survive. Sammy is still alive.

lpiasente
01-13-2011, 03:01 AM
Sammy did survive the fires but sadly he died last year. Koalas are very sensitive to stress. Not sure what he actually died from though. He lived close to where I live. Poor sammy. Did you see the roo the lady was draging behind the kyak. That is amazing. If you have ever crossed a wild kangaroo and knew how strong and nasty they are then you would really understand how amazing these photos are.

Rod
01-13-2011, 03:30 AM
Sammy did survive the fires but sadly he died last year. Koalas are very sensitive to stress. Not sure what he actually died from though. He lived close to where I live. Poor sammy. Did you see the roo the lady was draging behind the kyak. That is amazing. If you have ever crossed a wild kangaroo and knew how strong and nasty they are then you would really understand how amazing these photos are.

I agree, roos are incredibly strong animals. Big males are like a body builder they are so muscular. Koalas too can be quite scarey, i remember playing golf one time and hit my ball into the trees (as per normal :D ). The ball was only a few feet from the koala and he was definately not going to let me near it. Big claws and a bad attitude, i placed another ball out of his way and let him keep the other..lol.

vera
01-13-2011, 03:54 AM
Incredible ppl !!

I agree, roos are incredibly strong animals. Big males are like a body builder they are so muscular. Koalas too can be quite scarey, i remember playing golf one time and hit my ball into the trees (as per normal :D ). The ball was only a few feet from the koala and he was definately not going to let me near it. Big claws and a bad attitude, i placed another ball out of his way and let him keep the other..lol.

Smart move Rod :D
Thank u for sharing guys , we r too far to know much abt wild life in yr land

lpiasente
01-13-2011, 04:36 AM
I have had the privelage of hand rearing roos and rod you are right. I had a very large red male called Dirty Harry that I had looked after,he took a dislike to a particular lady from a film crew that was doing a show at my work, he had her down in a split second . She was covered in claw marks and 2 grown men were fighting with him to get him off her. Who do you think won there... it wasn't the men. No one was seriously hurt but I would never go near a wild one. Wombats are worse though.

vera
01-13-2011, 05:52 AM
I have had the privelage of hand rearing roos and rod you are right. I had a very large red male called Dirty Harry that I had looked after,he took a dislike to a particular lady from a film crew that was doing a show at my work, he had her down in a split second . She was covered in claw marks and 2 grown men were fighting with him to get him off her. Who do you think won there... it wasn't the men. No one was seriously hurt but I would never go near a wild one. Wombats are worse though.

Ouch , that hurts ! what are Wombats?

lpiasente
01-13-2011, 06:25 AM
http://www.google.com.au/images?rlz=1T4GGIE_enAU388AU388&q=wombats&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=ZdIuTcHHGYSevgOD6Zn1CA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CEQQsAQwAw&biw=1345&bih=506A wombat is another Australian native animal. now I have to tell you these are the cutest babies and when hand reared are just like a puppy but wild they are very dangerous

vera
01-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Really cute when young ! they dont seem big ,looks like oversized local Andatra (dont know engl name), but the claws on Wombat are huge !

http://www.russianhunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/andatr.jpg

yim11
01-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Another great rescue that brought a tear to my eye:

http://hackedirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/9acec49c-78f7-465a-83c5-36b566396527.jpg

vera
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Another great rescue that brought a tear to my eye:

they always there when needed :)

lpiasente
01-13-2011, 04:49 PM
haha that is a great pic. If that bought a tear to your eye then the footage from the brewery with cartons of beer floating down stream would have made you bawl...lol
Vera they do look the same. Wombats aren't very big but the teeth are razor sharp. Had my fair share of bites while looking after the little buggers. They move very quickly as well.

vera
01-14-2011, 05:37 AM
haha that is a great pic. If that bought a tear to your eye then the footage from the brewery with cartons of beer floating down stream would have made you bawl...lol
Vera they do look the same. Wombats aren't very big but the teeth are razor sharp. Had my fair share of bites while looking after the little buggers. They move very quickly as well.

Lean , you spent lots of time taking care of wild animals ? i remember my cousin kept just a few different types of roddents(the bigger var) as pets
all his family who ever went to feed ltl buggers had their fair share of bites and cuts on their hands , they seem so cute and lovely and then..snap ! and blood all over , now he has a farm LOL

lpiasente
01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Yes Vera i used to work at Australia giant worm museum where we had worms that grow up to 10 feet in length. We also had wildlife. We
Would get rescues and hand raise them. Solo cute feeding them bottles just like a baby