PDA

View Full Version : Face looks like its peeling

dghby
01-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi Everyone, I have some stunted fish, which has just become a learning curve for me. can't really get rid of them, already attached to them ( especially the grandkids.)
But I have this guy that is actually my largest and his face is getting worse it seems as the days go on. can you give me your expert opinions on what is going on here.
I apoligize for the pictures in advance, not the best camera.

PAR23
01-14-2011, 12:21 AM
It looks like HITH which is progressing. What do you feed them?

dghby
01-14-2011, 12:39 AM
They get some Beef heart Flake, some granules, Wardleys Total Color ( different times different product) and some Frozen Bloodworms about once a week. I try to feed 4-5 times a days. have had them since early November.

PAR23
01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Fill this out please. More info would be helpful

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

dghby
01-14-2011, 02:52 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
I begin noticing a peeling ( was already familiar with HITH, but it just seems like a peeling of the skin and not holes or craters) this started about 3 weeks ago, and seems to be progressively getting worst.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

just the visual look of his face, he/she is the first to the front of the glass at feeding times. and is social while i am in the room. ( room is a fish room, so not a lot of traffic unless we are in their feeding or cleaning or such)

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

no treatments of any kind.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
55 gallon, running for 1 year, the last 3 months with Discus. 4 other Discus in the tank, the others are about 3" ( which i think are stunted) , this one probably closer to 4"
I will add some pics of the other fish .

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

do not age water, water changes have been everyday since putting in the Discus as i started with 2 1/2 in fish, 40-60% (kinda 40 one day then 60)
Sand Substrate

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp __85___

- ph __7.6___

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading _0___

- nitrate reading __10__
- well water _no___

- municipal water _yes___

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
no

dghby
01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Here is a couple Pics of some others in the tank if that will help.

nc0gnet0
01-14-2011, 06:04 PM
I am not seeing anything that would suggest HITH, just the way this particular discus is colored. As a matter of fact the fish in question appears to be the healthiest of the bunch. From the pictures of the last group its hard to tell if the fish have clamped fins or if they were just spooked by the camera and were darting across the tank.

Jennie
01-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Also needs to be posted in disease section.. this is general where not everyone will look

dghby
01-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Ok, I will work on moving the info to the disease section

Jennie
01-14-2011, 11:15 PM
you might get more advice there

dghby
01-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks, am moving info now.