PDA

View Full Version : Introducing new fish

birtyboy10
01-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi

I currently have a tank with four juvie's in for about a week and there has been some natural bullying and the pecking order has been established!

I would like to know the best method to use to introduce four more juvie's at the end of the month, because i am worried if i just simply add them to the current set-up they will be bullied/wont eat and wont settle down.

The fish will be fully quarenteened and wormed before adding

Regards

Steve

Jennie
01-22-2011, 08:32 AM
you will have to let them establish that for themselves. There aren't any guarantees

birtyboy10
01-22-2011, 08:51 AM
you will have to let them establish that for themselves. There aren't any guarantees

Hmm. won't moving the decor help the situation tho?

Jennie
01-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Only if there is a real serious aggression problem, and even so that may not work or may be short lived. We don't have any real control over how fish establish themselves within a community. Generally there is always one on the low end that will catch the brunt

birtyboy10
01-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Only if there is a real serious aggression problem, and even so that may not work or may be short lived. We don't have any real control over how fish establish themselves within a community. Generally there is always one on the low end that will catch the brunt

I suppose you are right jennie! a group of eight is going to level out the aggression more anyway