PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys, what you think about my tank?

asifgy
01-24-2011, 11:10 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/asifgy/Misc/P1000677.jpg

Brevcom
01-25-2011, 09:36 AM
I like it ....what is the size of the tank? 65 gal bowfront?

Second Hand Pat
01-25-2011, 10:10 AM
asifgy, Is your tank a 92 corner? Are you interested in some suggestions?

asifgy
01-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey guys, its 54 gallon corner tank, I have this beautiful mopani driftwood soaking right now, will install next weekend, with some java moss and fern. Any other suggestions??

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/asifgy/Misc/ac89b065.jpg

Melissa
01-25-2011, 11:34 AM
LOVEthe driftwood!!!
And your fish are all gorgeous, I think I love every strain in there! The only issue with your whole set up is you're greatly overstocked for that size tank... The rule of thumb is usually 10 gallons per discus, and i count 11 discus in there? The majority of them look young too, so for decent growth you would need to adhere to the rule of thumb to maintain good water quality. Overcrowding and poor water quality = stunted discus...
I see you have one of those marine land LED bubble wands in there! Those are cool, thinking about getting a few myself.

3dees
01-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I think the background is distracting. a solid color (not black) would bring out the fish and plants. I have to agree with the amount of fish. 6 would be pushing it for that tank.

Melissa
01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah... It would probably look nice with a solid color background. With that nice piece of driftwood in there it would look beautiful! The driftwood and fish as the focal point, the background simple and clean...

dbfzurowski
01-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Like everyone said, the awesome background takes all the attention from your fish, which look awesome as well

rickztahone
01-25-2011, 01:50 PM
as previously mentioned you are very heavily stocked and i hope you have a frequent WC regimen. Some will eventually have to be moved IMHO

asifgy
01-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I do agree myself that its presently overstocked. But I planned on selling off some of them before they reach adult. The reason being, whenever i buy online, I tend to include a few extra that i would sell locally to compensate for the shipping cost I pay. I only plan on keeping like 4 albinos adult. The background is the work of my wife, from my reasearch i know a simply or no background is probably best, but she insist on a fancy decorative background (can never win them).

I do 50% water change every week and I also boost up my Fluval 205 with extra biomax. I will repost pictures when i finish installling the driftwood. Thanks again.