PDA

View Full Version : Some Feedback Please and free Freeze Dried Blackworms.....

brewmaster15
01-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi all,
Well, I can't believe it how fast time has gone by, But its been almost a year now since I started selling these Freeze Dried Blackworms.. I must say I have been really happy with the way things have been developing. I have been very fortunate to build a great relationship with my supplier, Mal Davidson, and with many very good customers as well. My thanks to all! I'm looking forward to working with everyone this upcoming year.

What I could use is more feedback as to how the product is working for you and how you are using it. It would be great if any of you could post pics, videos, info, etc. I'd like to hear from you in this thread. It would be great to see how you are using Freeze Dried Blackworms, how much you feed per numbers of fish, how often, etc, types of fish you feed them to.... Pretty much all the info you can give me here.

My Purpose is of course to get out the word more, so I'll use this info as I can to that goal... Its also to educate others and finally to deepen my understanding of the product and its use as the excellent fish food that I believe it is.

As a Thank you for your Help, I'll Pick two of you that posts here in this thread to receive 50 Grams of either loose or cubed for Free, shipping included. I'll award those March 1, 2011.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Al

MSD
01-26-2011, 09:49 AM
I have tried the FDB after reading how people whose opinion I respect were raving about them. I always look to use the best food with the least mess and waste, the blackworms fulfill that challange and more. I am currently feeding them to my discus and angelfish, they attack them like no other food I use including FBW and Tetra Pellets and Angel one flakes. The food is very clean and does not foul the tanks. Most important of all is, the fish are growing so well on it and color up and try to spawn like crazy. I use the cubes because its easier and cleaner for me to just throw in 6 to 8 cubes per 55 gallon tank. Thats about 8 to 10 discus per tank and they all have full bellies with some left over for the Pleco's.

Summing up, easy to feed, a little goes a long way, fish love it, great growth, health and color.

runner
01-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Al
When I had discus[lost 5 rt 2 weeks ago] attacked it. My bettas go absolutely insane over it. One question. I have had mine for about a year and keep it in a fish food can. Is it still good, nutritionally speaking?
Thanks Jay Walsh

Second Hand Pat
01-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Al was kind enough to send me some of his FDBW in exchange for some Opuntia I sent him last fall. Four weeks ago today I received my first discus which was a wild group of Nhamanda red wild discus. Feeding the FDBW to this group opened the door to them accepting other foods but the FDBW is by far their favorite. Other foods offered are BH mix, mysis shrimp, ON formula one and flake.

The picture below shows the left most red about to catch one of the FWBW in the water column.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Second_Hand_Pat/QT/P1240002.jpg

I'm feeding the worms once a day to this group of six discus. I take a teaspoon the loose worms and soak them in RO water for a few minutes. I use the back side of a spoon to push any air out of the worms and pour the worms into the filter (AC 110) return water to the tank. This puts the worms into the water column allowing the discus to use natural feeding methods.

There is a small power head at the opposible side of the tank from the filter which pushes the worms back to the waterfall from the filter. When the worms hit the waterfall the worms are pushed back into the water column for the discus. All the discus sit under the waterfall waiting for the worms. All the worms are eaten in about an hour.

William Palumbo
01-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I love them for all the reasons listed in the above posts. The first time I tried them, I KNEW these were going to be BIG! I stated that much. Just surprised they are not BIGGER. I grew up fry fast and fat with them...juvies and breeders ate them. No "issues" at all. ZERO waste, clean and easy...Bill

Second Hand Pat
01-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Bill, do you have to chop the worms into smaller pieces for small fry (quarter sized)?

William Palumbo
01-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Bill, do you have to chop the worms into smaller pieces for small fry (quarter sized)?

No Pat...they tear them up!...I do put some in a coffee grinder and grind them QUICK for smaller fry, like Lime bean sized. At thumbnail size, they are eating them whole...Bill

Second Hand Pat
01-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks Bill, I can use them "as is" for Dale's fry.

Larry Bugg
01-26-2011, 12:29 PM
FDBW's are a staple for me. Along with Discus I currently have GBR, Angels, Apistos, Tetras and Cories and they all get them. I use both cubbed and loose but the cubed don't go in the tank cubed. Like Bill, I use a coffee grinder with a VERY quick grind to get a couple different sizes for my smaller fish. I grind the cubed because it is easier to handle in the grinder. I will grind a bag of fairly fine and a bag of what I would call a medium grind. I don't soak any before feeding them. I just sprinkle them like I would a flake food. All my fish very happily come to the surface to feed on them. I have to agree with MSD that one of the best benefits is that they don't foul the water. Of course the primary benefit is the nutritional value and that all fish love them so much.

nc0gnet0
01-26-2011, 01:30 PM
My Purpose is of course to get out the word more, so I'll use this info as I can to that goal... Its also to educate others and finally to deepen my understanding of the product and its use as the excellent fish food that I believe it is.

You left out dog treat ;)

Randy-S
01-26-2011, 01:38 PM
do you have a link on were to buy the FDBW?
I have my first ordedr of Kennys discus coming in and would like to try some.

nc0gnet0
01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
On a more serious note, I feed the cubed FDBW everyday (morning) as a staple from everything starting with 1 1/2 inch fry up to my breeding pairs. All the fish love them and growth is great. It's a clean food so I dont have to worry about uneaten flakes or pellets laying on the bottom of my tanks fouling the water during the day while I am away at work.

Also, as they are freeze dried I have found them to be an excellent medium of transport for water soluble supplements such as pro-more and pro-growth. I dissolve the supplements in water, add the cubes and they suck them up like a dry sponge. Place them in the tank and they are eaten almost instantly. While I have yet to try, I would expect the same could be done with certain ingestable medications.

My personal favorite method of feeding the cubes is via homemade blackworm feeders that are nothing more than plastic mesh (needle point) fashioned in a cube with a small hunk of fishing line and a small weight on the end. Place the cube of blackworms inside and drop it in the tank. It suspends itself off the bottom a few inches (depending on how much fishing line you used).

puntific
01-26-2011, 02:10 PM
do you have a link on were to buy the FDBW?
I have my first ordedr of Kennys discus coming in and would like to try some.

Yeah! I get to help someone. Try here: http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/

acroken
01-26-2011, 02:14 PM
On a more serious note, I feed the cubed FDBW everyday (morning) as a staple from everything starting with 1 1/2 inch fry up to my breeding pairs. All the fish love them and growth is great. It's a clean food so I dont have to worry about uneaten flakes or pellets laying on the bottom of my tanks fouling the water during the day while I am away at work.

Also, as they are freeze dried I have found them to be an excellent medium of transport for water soluble supplements such as pro-more and pro-growth. I dissolve the supplements in water, add the cubes and they suck them up like a dry sponge. Place them in the tank and they are eaten almost instantly. While I have yet to try, I would expect the same could be done with certain ingestable medications.

My personal favorite method of feeding the cubes is via homemade blackworm feeders that are nothing more than plastic mesh (needle point) fashioned in a cube with a small hunk of fishing line and a small weight on the end. Place the cube of blackworms inside and drop it in the tank. It suspends itself off the bottom a few inches (depending on how much fishing line you used).

cool idea, snap a few pictures of your feeder if you do not mind.

Harriett
01-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Al,
In Chicago, Squiggy [Joe], Polar Bear [Larry F] and I have been bulk ordering since they came out but here is more feedback for the product: Same as above, a clean, nutrient and protein rich food that the Discus all eat readily, always. Similarly to Pat's method, I put them in to the tank in front of either an aquaclear or a spray bar in the loose form and they blow around. The fish go into a frenzy and make short work of them. I start giving them at the same ages and in the same ways Bill Palumbo mentioned [frequently to his baby fish, LOL!]. I have a couple small planted tanks with fancy Tiger Endlers Live Bearers in them. Very small fish--so I put them in the coffee grinder and pretty well pulverize them. The Endlers cruise the surface water and nip them away quickly--the fry have no trouble picking them up and grow quickly on them.
An excellent food, and a real bonus to the hobby.
best regards,
Harriett

jawfish
01-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi Al.

I got back into discus after a 10 year break. I have to admitt that I never had real success feeding freeze dried worms in the past. Last December I pick a group of 10 small Blue Diamonds discus (2-3 inch) as a first batch to grow so that I could get the hang of it back.

I had read some of the feedback on the Freeze Dried Blackworms, and decided to give a go so I ordered a 50g loose bag. First time I used it I squeeze a little pinch against the glass. To my surprise right away they jump on it, no need to cut them as they just tear them to pieces.

Right now I`m feeding them with FDBW 2 times day, they still devour them like there no tomorow. a 50gr bag will last me about 2-3 months I would say... Yes I`m going to be due by the end of the month. this is a great product. I dunno about the rest of you, but I`ve been having trouble getting the quality products from my LFS, I'm glad that your offering these as they are now a basic component of my feeding program.

here some of the little guys having a meal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/jawfish/Discus/DSCF5641.jpg

Cheers,

Fred

MostlyDiscus
01-26-2011, 03:14 PM
This is the missing link in the food chain. I have purchased 2kilos so far and have been very pleased with this food. A must for breeders. Ed

jimmyjoe
01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I have not found that good of a results in my using FDBW's as they don't stay stuck to the glass wall of the tank or sink? I know it's because they're FREEZE-DRIED, I love'em and my discus do too, my only ***** is that they are unsinkable/? I mainly use them in my beef-heart mix or my seafood mix they really do the trick in the mix. Thanks Al, nice to have you around so we can get them anytime we need to. Jim in Ohio

Larry Bugg
01-26-2011, 06:29 PM
I have not found that good of a results in my using FDBW's as they don't stay stuck to the glass wall of the tank or sink? I know it's because they're FREEZE-DRIED, I love'em and my discus do too, my only ***** is that they are unsinkable/? I mainly use them in my beef-heart mix or my seafood mix they really do the trick in the mix. Thanks Al, nice to have you around so we can get them anytime we need to. Jim in Ohio

For me, I have never gotten them to actually sink, as in to the bottom of the tank. I can however, take the loose between my thumb and finger, stick them in the water, squeeze them tightly and they will suspend in the water column. Another method, if my fish happen to let them float for 5 minutes or so (doesn't usually happen) is to swirl them around with my hand. After sitting on top for 5 minutes or so they will suspend in the water column. But, as stated earlier my fish all eat them from the surface so this just isn't necessary.

nc0gnet0
01-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Kenny

Sorry for the bad picture, they attack the FDBW and hard to get a good picture they are moving so fast, but this will give you an idea:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/nc0gnet0/Group%20spawn/feeder.jpg?t=1296082540

Easy to make and inexpensive. The cube of FDBW makes the feeder float and it gets bouned back and forth as they feed, when I want to take it out I just use one of those grabber devices you use to get screws and stuff out of registers, can pick them up at any hardware story for a couple of bucks.

gwrace
01-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I have been using the freeze dryed black worms for about a year now. I can't say enough good things about the quality of this food or how the fish accept them. They are by far their favorite food. I buy the 200 gram size cubes and feed twice a day. Most of my discus are 5 inches in size or larger and they look more like Piranha's when feeding these worms. I have to be careful that I don't lose a finger. The discus were purchased from Kenny and Hans and they never seem to get enough of these worms. Most are in a community tank with Angels, Blue Rams, Sterba Cories and BN albino plecos. They all enjoy the worms but none as much as the discus. Al of course has to be the fastest shipper I ever seen. Keep up the great work!

David

jimmyjoe
01-26-2011, 07:20 PM
As I've said the fish love'm I do as you do also swirling them around so they get suspended in the water column I just wanted to state that all that is a hassle, and that's why I use them in my mix's .

brewmaster15
01-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, please do keep those comments and info coming !!

-al

brewmaster15
01-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, please do keep those comments and info coming !!

-al

patrick richard
01-26-2011, 07:40 PM
I've been feeding these FDBW to my discus for the past 4 months. I have always fed frozen bloodworms, along with a wide variety of other foods. I always have to wear gloves when feeding the frozen bloodworms since I breakout in a rash from them. I always fed them because my discus went crazy over them. One day when I was visiting Al at his place, he told me to give these FDBW a try. I did just that. I put a pinch of these worms in my tank, and my fish attacked them like I've never seen before. I have since introduced them to my normal daily feeding schedule. I was cutting them up for my small fry and they loved them. The best thing about feeding them to my fry is that they are very clean, and they don't foul up my water. I also have been feeding them to my breeding pairs, they've never looked happier. I've also stopped purchasing the frozen bllodworms. The FDBW are just so much better for my discus.

If you're debating on whether to try them or not, just read all the responces to these worms, and trust in what everyone is saying.

Patrick

wendy9722
01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
I ordered this a couple of weeks back. I have been feeding it to them 2 times a day and they attack it like its there last meal. The first day that I gave it to them they was at first curious and they really moved past that quickly. Once I get close to the tank any more you would think that they are going to take my fingers off. They love shredding the cubes apart and they really get everything flying around the tank and they go on attack mode. I love that it dont foul my water. There hasnt been any leftovers ever since I've been using it. For the amount you get and the price you pay is very reasonable. Shipping is quick even in bad weather. They get a lot of nutrition from these worms vs other worms that you may feed. I completly stopped with the bloodworms and staying with the blackworms. I just put the others in the trash. They didnt eat the bloodworms anymore since they started on the blackworms. I cant give enough praise for this product. I and my fish will be life time customers to this product. As soon as my wigglers are able to eat there first meal I will be trying it along with the brine shrimp. I cant wait to have this site!!!!
Wendy

brewmaster15
01-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback Patrick and Wendy!! :)

-al

carkichi
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi

Freeze Dried Blackworms is great. I have the loose kind and just sprinkled them like I do for flake and my discus will eat them all (~ 48 Wilds (Hans/Hudson) and ~ 35 domesticated (Forrest/Wayne). I feed them several time during the evening along with other types of food. A 200g will last me about 1.5 months...recently I just got some more from Al (1kg). Great services from Al....Thanks

Ardan
01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I have been using the loose FDBW on the juvies I picked up a month ago. They really gobble them up. They know that after each wc each day (twice a day) that they get these worms and they wait at the top right in the water flow waiting for worms. They really like them. I also feed flakes twice a day and frozen blood worms once per day and beef heart mix (from Al) once per day. I really like using these worms as they are clean and very nutritious for the fish! Looks like about 50 grams per month with the 32 youngsters at this point, but that amount is increasing as they grow. (its now a large pinch in each tank (16 youngsters in each of 2 75 gallon tanks).
I will be looking at the 200 g bags next order.

Ardan

PAR23
01-29-2011, 07:22 PM
I agree with all the positive comments mentioned above regarding the FDBW so will not repeat them again. I would like to share how I feed them to my fish. I like the cubed as it gives me the option to break them up into smaller cubes.

For my juvies, I feed them 2x a day FDBW with the second time just before lights out and after my daily WCs. Its clean and no mess. I also place the cubes in front of the filter outflow area where they chase after it. I give approx 3 cubes to 14 juvies and it is all gone within 10 mins or less. Their other meals including Al's BH mix, flake and pellets for total of 5-6 meals a day.

For my adults, they get feed 2x a day. One feeding with FDBW and other with BH flake. The biggest advantage I see is that it is highly nutritious and very clean food for the fish and oh yet, they love this stuff.

DonMD
01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi, Al,

I've bought some of the fdbw and have alternated the beef heart, ON Discus Flakes, and the fdbw. My fish eat them eagerly. I'll be ordering more soon.

I like to alternate some between foods. One thing I was wondering, though, is: can you feed fdbw in an automatic feeder? Since they are so light and float, would they ever sink? I bought the cubes from you, and I press them on the inside of the glass. The fish tear apart the cubes and go after the remaining worms. But, if I sprinkled the loose worms on the surface, would they float down? Are they a good fit with an automatic feeder? -Don

Kingdom Come Discus
01-29-2011, 08:22 PM
All my fish love these. The only problem is I have too many fish to feed these to all the time. I have tested them on a few tanks with small fish and you can literally see them grow daily. Time to order more soon. These fish were all pissed off because some were spawning and were keeping the others at bay. Then I fed them Al's Freezedried Blackworms and now they are happy as Larks. Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPNh8TwBYdo

runner
01-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi Al
I asked a question about nutritional value and how long it stays viable, Probably got lost in the thread.
How long do they maintain there value? I have had mine for a year and they are kept in a plastic fish can[Prime].
As I said my discus loved them and my Betta go nuts over them. Show really good growth and health but they are also fed other foods, BH,adison pellets, bbS,ect
Jay Walsh

kent1963
01-29-2011, 08:39 PM
My fish go completely nuts over these. I am only feeding them once daily right after WC, as soon as the tanks full everyone is at the front of the tank waiting! I only wish I had had these back when I was breeding Betta's, then my mom wouldn't have had to explain to the neighbors why i was "growing" mosquito's in our back yard!:p Thanks for that Mom! lol

Ardan
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Ok
Some pics
one month ago and today
they chase the worms
and they leave no worm unturned:) they clean the filters meticulously

Ardan
01-30-2011, 05:58 PM
continued
notice the already full bellies of FDBW and they continue to eat

Joe
01-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I've tried the cubed & lose FDBW and my discus LOVE it! I probably won't use live blackworms again. I would recommend them! As always, Al provides great customer service!

Joe

Jennie
01-30-2011, 08:53 PM
I feed all my fish your blackworms, angels, discus, kribs, etc... they all go nuts over it.. when I started ordering it from you I noticed my juvies put growth on faster..I feed once a day in a.m. to my discus and every other day to angels..I prefer loose over cubed to avoid any one fish getting bullied out of a meal and just toss a good amount right in the tank..the filters output have them spread out in quick order all over the tank and within 15 minutes not a single worm to be found! I found 200 grams didn't get me very far so I upped to a kilo. I couldn't be any happier with the product!

Cevoe
01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
I have been using the freeze dried blackworms for a few months now and they are the staple food for all my fish.
I turn the filters off, squeeze a couple of cubes at a time, throw them in the tank and try to close the lid before the splash hits.
Once they tear into the first cube the worms disperse throughout the tank so they all get a fair shot at them.
When I first started using them, I used to hand feed them for that true bonding experience between a man and his discus.
I don't believe there is a food higher in protein and they are super clean.
There is also no more allergic reaction from using the blood worms.
Chris

Len
01-30-2011, 10:54 PM
I've been using Freeze Dried Blackworms since just before Christmas and they are AWESOME. I originally just wanted something that could replace bloodworms since I developed a bad allergic reaction to them. When I received my order from Al, I tried them right away and they were a big hit. I've gone to alternating using these for 50% of my feedings, alternating with BH and most recently a seafood mix. Sometimes if it is still lights on time, I'll give an extra feeding of FDBW if I happen to be by the tank. Regardless of when, the fish go for it immediately every time. Even the smaller juvies eat it readily. It kinda looks like they are just slurping back a great big spaghetti noodle, but they do it. Since I introduced these worms to my fish's diet, I have noticed a significant increase. The juvies have taken on a bigger growth spurt, while my adults are just getting thicker. I'd definitely recommend these to anyone who is even the slightest bit hesitant. I can also say the service was great. I called Al to ask questions and gather information before I decided to make the purchase. He took the time and answered my questions, explained the benefits and I placed an order right away. The order was shipped in short order, came across the border and was in my mailbox within a few days -- even during the Christmas season rush.

ExReefer
01-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Not sure I can make it until March 1! I need to order more of these. Not sure if anyone tried this, but I use these in my Eheim auto feeder. I grab a handful of loose worms and chop them up on a cutting board. You need a very sharp knife to rip across the worms. This turns the worms into small pieces so they don’t clog up the auto feeder. This has become a great way to feed my fish clean, high quality food while I’m at work.

saltydog
01-31-2011, 12:52 PM
I absolutely love them and more importantly my fish do. the only problem i run into is i have two overflows in my 180 and they do get sucked in there but the fish devour them pretty quickly so not much is wasted. I typically use the suction cup clip feeders to clip two cubes per suction cup and use four at once spaced throughout the tank so everyone gets some. they tear them apart. this way my loss to the overflows are much less. I feed these everyday in the early part of the day and then blood worms at night. in fact that reminds me it is time for another order :)

~Cammie

discuspaul
02-01-2011, 12:52 AM
I just got my first order of Al's FDBW late this afternoon, in B.C., Canada.
I feed my 4" juvies 4-6 X a day, and they'd already had their full allotment for the day.
Well, just for the hell of it, I thought I'd give them a 'late night snack' try at these BW's - WOW - It was like I hadn't fed them for a week - they were tearing at them like it was the last meal they were going to get!
Devoured a good bunch in less than 1 minute flat, and have been looking for more ever since.
It's lights out now, but I'm sure they'll be looking for their next feeding tomorrow morning !
And, they're going to get it.

Kingdom Come Discus
02-01-2011, 04:07 AM
A few posts back I posted a video of my spotted leopards eating Al's Black Worms. I mentioned they were pissed off until I fed them. This is what I ment. Right after I shot this I moved the Jumbo Male and the Large Female to their own 20 gallon where they are settled in nicely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyEvKNbMv8Q
Thanks for looking,

Ardan
02-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Forgot to mention. My dog likes them too, the rascal ate about 50 grams last yr while I was at work. LOL
He grew!:)
Ardan

dbfzurowski
02-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I switched over from frozen bloodworms after i placed one cube of FBw in one glass of water and a cube of FDBW in the other. Al's worms are much cleaner. Plus my fiancee never liked the idea of frozen worms in our fridge. Great product from a great seller!

Jennie
02-01-2011, 10:25 PM
ROTF! Grew a bigger belly! My cats act as if it's catnip.. I had to put them in plastic containers after finding one of my cats with his fat face shoved in the ripped open bag!
Forgot to mention. My dog likes them too, the rascal ate about 50 grams last yr while I was at work. LOL
He grew!:)
Ardan

nc0gnet0
02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
He grew!
Ardan

ONly 50 grams ;) you got off cheap, my dog ate 200 grams lol.

Embersmom
02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Hi Al:

Well, if a picture is worth a thousand words....how 'bout a video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkfK0ZYRFto

I don't normally feed this much, but I'm going to be doing a large waterchange and flushing out one of the filters tonight so I purposely overfed.

My wilds LOVE FDBW.....pretty much all they want and they get a variety of food daily. Today, I also started feeding them to my 3 week old krib babies!!! Ground them up and they devoured them. All my fish eat them:
angels (domestic and wild), corys, rams, goldfish, crayfish, festivum, plecos
And the coolest thing - I have three huge snails in the wild tank (how they survive the 89 degree temp I'll never know!) and they clean off any remaining blackworms that get stuck on the glass at the waterline!!
Best all round food there is IMO.
And, yes, it's time for me to put in another order for April and me!!!

Take care, Al.
Shelley

OOPS - forget to mention.....yup, my dog also ate half a 200 gram bag!!!!

Ardan
02-02-2011, 01:28 PM
my dog ate 200 grams lol. 200? :p:p I bet that dog is fast now! LOL

My cats act as if it's catnip.. I had to put them in plastic containers after finding one of my cats with his fat face shoved in the ripped open bag! Catnip!!! Another selling point!:D
Good to hear I'm not alone....
Thanks for the laughs.
Ardan

brewmaster15
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
My Thanks everyone, You've been really helpful here and I appreciate it! Please do keep the feedback and experiences coming!

-al

Ps... Please also be sure to give your dogs and Cats some attention for me and thank them for their repeat business. Tell them their kibble is in the mail. :)

Kingdom Come Discus
02-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi Al:

Well, if a picture is worth a thousand words....how 'bout a video :)

I don't normally feed this much, but I'm going to be doing a large waterchange and flushing out one of the filters tonight so I purposely overfed.

My wilds LOVE FDBW.....pretty much all they want and they get a variety of food daily. Today, I also started feeding them to my 3 week old krib babies!!! Ground them up and they devoured them. All my fish eat them:
angels (domestic and wild), corys, rams, goldfish, crayfish, festivum, plecos
And the coolest thing - I have three huge snails in the wild tank (how they survive the 89 degree temp I'll never know!) and they clean off any remaining blackworms that get stuck on the glass at the waterline!!
Best all round food there is IMO.
And, yes, it's time for me to put in another order for April and me!!!

Take care, Al.
Shelley

OOPS - forget to mention.....yup, my dog also ate half a 200 gram bag!!!!

Very nice set up Shelley, but even nicer fish. Thanks for posting I enoyed it.

LizStreithorst
02-02-2011, 08:40 PM
They are the next best food next to live food. That one hell of a recommendation coming from me. (You know how I am about live foods, Brew).

brewmaster15
02-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks again everyone for your comments ,feedback, pics and vids. Those that haven't posted yet here, please do so... Doing so and you help me out here for which I am grateful and you will help others find a great new food for their fish.

Best I can ask for as a guide to the future is experiences from the past.... and I am really interested in yours.

Thanks again!
-al
ps,,,,,don't forget that drawing at the end of the month for some free Freeze Dried Blackworms. :)

nc0gnet0
02-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Here is a few pictures of some 21 day old fry attacking Dad's freeze dried bloodworms ;)

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/nc0gnet0/bloodworms/frybw.jpg?t=1297751522

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/nc0gnet0/bloodworms/frybw2JPG.jpg?t=1297751522

If you look close you can see the smart one that managed to get in the feeder and is gorging himself. :)

Ronald
02-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks AL,

That was a fast delivery.
I was a bit supprised that they came so fast after having to endure other companies and there procedures hihi.
Was a real pleasure.

Best Regards
Ronald

ZX10R
02-17-2011, 04:17 PM
They are the next best food next to live food. That one hell of a recommendation coming from me. (You know how I am about live foods, Brew).

I agree, call me crazy but I think my fish look a lot better feeding live blackworms. I also buy the FDBW and my fish love those just as much. Just wish I could find a way to make them sink better. I have tried everything I have heard on here and they still float. Which is no big deal in one of my tanks but the other tank has a overflow box and they get sucked down the filter faster then the fish can eat them most of the time. So one tank gets the FDBW and the other gets the live ones.

JL15219
02-17-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't currently have any Blackworms so I can't post a video or a picture, but I have ordered and used in them past, actually reordered 50grams yesterday and they got shipped today. Okay but anyways the FD Blackworms are AWESOME!!!!! All my fish from discus to neon go crazy when I feed the FD Blackworms (Fish Crack) they swim back and forth waiting to be feed....I usually just sprinkle a good amount on the surface of the water just so that everyone can get some because when I put it on the glass they seem to go crazy sounds like they are tapping on the glass until the most dominate discus realizes that everyone else is also eating then he starts chasing all the others away, but none of the fish have a problem eating it from the surface they do splash a lot of water but its all good. I have also used this on discus that are recovering from illness, the FD Blackworms really help with the recovery. This stuff is great puts on good size on juvies and is way cleaner than BH for sure! I usually feed the FD Blackworms 1-3X a day really depends on the situation. I don't think I have found a better food......the only downside is it seems to finish too quickly LOL I am really glad that Al is able to supply us with this great product!!!! Anyone that is not sure should really try it at-least once your fish will love you for it!

BOBT00LS
02-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Al I dont have to tell you how I feel about the FDBW as you already know. All of my discus love them from day one without the period of them getting use to a new food. Many have said that they need to be soaked in order for them not to float and even then sometimes it doesnt sink. Well I take a nice pinch of the loose between my fingers and squeeze it under the water and WAAALLAA, it sinks. This also keeps the loose floating around from being sucked up the filter intake so no need to shut down the filter while feeding. The best feedback is from the discus themselves so watch and see what some of my Albinos think of them. Keep in mind this is their sixth feeding of the day not their first.

Bob

CLick on the pic to see the video.

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/th_M4H09646.jpg (http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/?action=view&current=M4H09646.mp4)

ZX10R
02-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Many have said that they need to be soaked in order for them not to float and even then sometimes it doesnt sink. Well I take a nice pinch of the loose between my fingers and squeeze it under the water and WAAALLAA, it sinks. This also keeps the loose floating around from being sucked up the filter intake so no need to shut down the filter while feeding.

Thanks for this info I haven't tried this way yet the video speaks for itself.

DiscusLoverJeff
02-26-2011, 09:52 AM
I have been using the FDBW for almost 8 months now and my discus/angels/tetras and plecos love them. Thanks Al.

When you can actually see your discus growing and getting fat, you know that you are doing something right. Between the FDBW, FBW and Discus flakes, my discus get a balance of netrients to help them grow and color up nicely. When my pairs are spawning, they seem to have a craving for the FDBW over the FBW.

Only wish Al had a 5lb package to sell, Lol. With my little juvies getting bigger, I am going to need a 5lb pack.

Thanks again Al for being a top notch seller!

brewmaster15
03-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi all,
Well I know I said I would draw the winners March 1, but unfortunately March started out a bit on the Chaotic Side for me and I just didn't have the time to do this sooner.

I have drawn the 2 winners. Winners were drawn randomly from all that posted in this thread... Each member was assigned a number based on their position in the thread posts and that left me with 37 members to draw from...

The winners were drawn using the number generator here....http://www.random.org/

Drum roll please....

#6 Rick..user name ncOgneto
#36 Bob tools

Cogratulations to both of you.. Let me know how you want your blackworms...loose or cubed.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments and we'll do this again soon.

-al

LizStreithorst
03-13-2011, 11:45 AM
The beginning of March was chaotic for you , Brew? I can't imagine why;)

Congrats to the two winners!

brewmaster15
03-13-2011, 11:59 AM
The beginning of March was chaotic for you , Brew? I can't imagine why;)

Just another day in paradise Liz,...but Like after a hurricane has hit :)

-al

TURQ64
03-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I'll get in on the next one!...........last order almost gobbled all up, 'lil buggars!

brewmaster15
03-13-2011, 12:27 PM
..last order almost gobbled all up, 'lil buggars! I know where you can get More!;););););)

AquaticSuppliers.com (http://www.Aquaticsuppliers.com)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

-al

TURQ64
03-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Your auto generated email says the new order has already shipped!!!!...good stuff, matey!...Gary

BOBT00LS
03-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the freebie Al. Its very much appreciated and I look forward to receiving it along with the other 200 grams that I ordered. Great food folks ! If your not using it, give it a shot. You'll be happy you did.

Bob

nc0gnet0
03-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks a bunch Al, I will take the cubes. Can't say enough good things about these FDBW. Soon I will be ordering by the kilo.

Rick

saltydog
03-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Totally missed this. Oh well i will have some great pics for next time ;). But wanted to post again that my discus as well as all my other fish, dogs...LOL. Love these! FDBW's are my first feeding. I will take out two per clip ( that is how i Fed the cubes) and lay them out on the stands edge, while i get the clips prepared. The discus follow me as i lay them out....too funny! They watch my every move. I keep them in the fridge but i keep a small tupperware container of them beside the tank and when they see me go to grab it....it's on like donkey kong!

brewmaster15
03-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Totally missed this. Oh well i will have some great pics for next time ;). But wanted to post again that my discus as well as all my other fish, dogs...LOL. Love these! FDBW's are my first feeding. I will take out two per clip ( that is how i Fed the cubes) and lay them out on the stands edge, while i get the clips prepared. The discus follow me as i lay them out....too funny! They watch my every move. I keep them in the fridge but i keep a small tupperware container of them beside the tank and when they see me go to grab it....it's on like donkey kong!

Thanks Cammie, I can picture them with their tails wagging as they wait! :)

Thanks a bunch Al, I will take the cubes. Can't say enough good things about these FDBW. Soon I will be ordering by the kilo.

Rick

Rick, congrats again...I just packed up your free order to go out today!

Thanks for the freebie Al. Its very much appreciated and I look forward to receiving it along with the other 200 grams that I ordered. Great food folks ! If your not using it, give it a shot. You'll be happy you did.

Bob Bob, packed up and their way my friend, thanks. :)

-al

Embersmom
03-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Congrats, folks! Your fish will sure be happy :)
Great contest, Al; thanks for doing this.
Shelley

TURQ64
03-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Well, dang it Al!..The above mentioned re-order just came and,...we order ship's parts, bird, dog, fish supplies, and a zillion other things online. But I have to say that other than fancy, overnight shipping, you are the speediest shipper on the 'net!..Thanks again for a great product..(although the fish like them enough, that some almost leave the tank on the attack!....)

brewmaster15
03-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Well, dang it Al!..The above mentioned re-order just came and,...we order ship's parts, bird, dog, fish supplies, and a zillion other things online. But I have to say that other than fancy, overnight shipping, you are the speediest shipper on the 'net!..Thanks again for a great product..(although the fish like them enough, that some almost leave the tank on the attack!....)
Thanks Gary! I try to get them out to all those hungry discus ASAP! Glad they got to you so quickly and that the fish go crazy for them!

-al

BOBT00LS
03-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I ordered 200 grams to go along with the 50 gram prize on Sunday and today they were in my mailbox. Thanks again for the free 50g Al and also for the quick shipping. My discus thank you as well :)

Bob

brewmaster15
03-17-2011, 07:57 AM
I ordered 200 grams to go along with the 50 gram prize on Sunday and today they were in my mailbox. Thanks again for the free 50g Al and also for the quick shipping. My discus thank you as well :)

Bob Hey Bob, My pleasure, thanks again for your order and thanks for the feedback both you and your fish give! :)

-al

wadewc
03-26-2011, 08:49 AM
I ordered my 100 grams earlier this week and already recieved my order, know that is great service. My fish sure do like them!

Thanks for great service AL!!
Wade

brewmaster15
03-26-2011, 08:50 AM
I ordered my 100 grams earlier this week and already recieved my order, know that is great service. My fish sure do like them!

Thanks for great service AL!!
Wade

Thanks Wade!! Glad to hear it!!! :)

-al

CORVETTE70
03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
I"ll let you know asap. I was looking on here for sorces of food in canada and i was recomended to try some freeze dried blackworms. i ordered some 2 days ago and i cant wait to get them. i'll post some pictures of the first time i feed them.

MNM007
03-31-2011, 07:27 PM
I am amazed at how quick they got here. I placed the order on Tuesday and they were in my mailbox today. Al thank you so much for the customer service, as a first time discus owner I couldn't be more happy with your product.

Miguel

Vee
03-31-2011, 11:59 PM
I would love to have a free sample! I'm just bought a bag of FD tubifex. The discus seem to like it but I would like to try other food options.

lizziotti
04-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I agree fast shipping wow! And its so nice you throw in shipping for the small bag. Thanks for this excellent service I will post pics as soon as I get my fish. So I can only leave my feedback at the moment which is a+++ I'll leave fish feedback soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

brewmaster15
04-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks Miguel!! Glad to hear they made it there quickly!

Vee, sent you a pm.

thanks!!!

-al

BobB
04-15-2011, 12:44 AM
The discus reminded me of jaws they just attacked.

johnnathan
04-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Al

All my sub adult love it FDBW...

Great product and A+ customer service..

vss
04-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks Al for bringing in the FDBW! It is very nutritious and does not mess up the water at all. It is also an excellent carrier of medications, as it can absorb a good ammount of liquid, and no discus can resist its taste even if it was soaked in very bitter medications like metronidazole. of course the shipping and handling is outstanding as well.

Xiaofei :)

chaoslite
04-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Al,

Thanks for the shipment. My fish are happy once again.

Mishka

Emilio
04-30-2011, 09:56 AM
I received my order last Wednesday and just like everyone says here...Discus loves them. Great product Al and thank you for the free sample of loose Blackworms. Al's customer service is great.

bronzie8
04-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Al, Thank you for keeping us all supplied with your FDBW. My babies just go nuts for them, I need to wear a wet suit in the evening when they know they are getting their dinner. Such a nice clean food and they love it soooo much. Your shipping time is amazing also.

brewmaster15
05-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Al,

Thanks for the shipment. My fish are happy once again.

Mishka Thanks Mishka! Glad the Fish are happy campers again! :)

I received my order last Wednesday and just like everyone says here...Discus loves them. Great product Al and thank you for the free sample of loose Blackworms. Al's customer service is great.
Emilio, My pleasure! I appreciate that you took the time here to try them and that they worked out for you is awesome! Thanks!!!! :)

Al, Thank you for keeping us all supplied with your FDBW. My babies just go nuts for them, I need to wear a wet suit in the evening when they know they are getting their dinner. Such a nice clean food and they love it soooo much. Your shipping time is amazing also.
Thanks Bronzie! I try to ship out as the orders come in on a daily basis, thats my goal at least. :) Glad to hear the discus go crazy for them!

-al

mkv
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I got fish from Kenny's April shipment and these guys go absolutely crazy about them. They will even eat them from my fingers all day long....... I'm about to run out so I will be ordering a bigger package this time...
Al, thanks for bringing this food.

brewmaster15
05-05-2011, 08:38 AM
I got fish from Kenny's April shipment and these guys go absolutely crazy about them. They will even eat them from my fingers all day long....... I'm about to run out so I will be ordering a bigger package this time...
Al, thanks for bringing this food. Excellent! Appreciate the feedback! :) Thanks for letting me know! I'll get that right out to you!!

thanks,
al

BobB
05-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Hold some for me Al. BTW what other goodies for discus do you have!

brewmaster15
05-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Hold some for me Al. BTW what other goodies for discus do you have!
Morning Bob! Inventory levels are pretty good here for the time being...but you know how they fly off the shelves here. :) As for what else do I have for Discus...I'm working on a few additions for the store, but its going a bit slower than I hoped...Thanks for asking!

-al

Disgirl
05-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Al, I fed my new baby angelfish (who came in the mail yesterday) their first meal here today, your worms. They LOVE them. These are dime sized angels and the worms are just right for their little mouths. Thanks again,
Barb:)

strawberryblonde
05-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi Al,

I purchased a 50 gram bag, cubed, a little over 3 weeks ago. Just wanted to let you know that my discus are crazy for these worms! I started out offering one cube, since I wasn't sure just how much they'd eat in one feeding. (5 4" discus at the time - they are now +/- 5"!!)

I'm now up to 2 cubes at a time and feed them 4 times a day. I have to keep feedings fairly small since I have one piggie discus who overeats till he bloats. By doing the 2 cubes at a time he has to fight for every bite and hasn't had any bloat at all. =)

I also have 2 breeding GBR and 2 breeding albino cories in the tank who love the worms. It's fun to see them suck a huge mouthful in. You just wouldn't think such a small fish could eat such a large portion! My discus get GBR fry and cory eggs as snacks in between FDBW feedings.

Now that I've tested them and gotten full discus approval I'm going to be ordering more today. The bag is nearly gone already. I've also decided to stop giving them my homemade beefheart mix since they prefer the worms and that one beefheart feeding a day just fouls up the tank. Worms don't foul! LOL

As far as how I feed, my fish love coming up to the top to tear the chunks off the cubes in my fingers. Once they've gotten a few good bites each and the cube is waterlogged I just left them drift onto the top of the water. The flow from my filter pushes them down into the column and the fish all line up and grab worms as they come floating past. Feedings never last beyond 5 minutes and nary a worm is left in the tank when they are done.

I'm just so glad that I saw this thread last month and decided to try your worms. Life is a lot easier with just discus flakes, your worms and a couple of pellets (for the cories who tend to miss out on all the fun at the top of the water)

So can I order a metric butt load of cubed worms this time around? Or maybe 2 metric loads? =)

strawberryblonde
05-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh noooooooooo, you're out of stock on the 200 gram bag, whatever shall I do???

Ok, gotta do a double order of the 100 gram bags since I'll be adding more discus this month and there's no way 100 grams will last me.

calihawker
05-18-2011, 06:03 PM
This stuff is like crack for discus!:)

Steve

tacks
05-20-2011, 12:46 PM
I use these for my altums and they love them. When you deal with Al you cant go wrong. Ed

DonMD
05-21-2011, 03:37 PM
This stuff is like crack for discus!:)

Steve

Hmm, I always figured they were like Cheetos! Only no orange dust.

brewmaster15
05-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks everyone...

Ed,

I use these for my altums and they love them. When you deal with Al you cant go wrong. Ed

that means alot to me my friend! Thanks!! :)

Steve,

This stuff is like crack for discus!

Steve Glad they are working out for your fishes !! :)

Toni,

Hi Al,

I purchased a 50 gram bag, cubed, a little over 3 weeks ago. Just wanted to let you know that my discus are crazy for these worms! I started out offering one cube, since I wasn't sure just how much they'd eat in one feeding. (5 4" discus at the time - they are now +/- 5"!!)

I'm now up to 2 cubes at a time and feed them 4 times a day. I have to keep feedings fairly small since I have one piggie discus who overeats till he bloats. By doing the 2 cubes at a time he has to fight for every bite and hasn't had any bloat at all. =)

I also have 2 breeding GBR and 2 breeding albino cories in the tank who love the worms. It's fun to see them suck a huge mouthful in. You just wouldn't think such a small fish could eat such a large portion! My discus get GBR fry and cory eggs as snacks in between FDBW feedings.

Now that I've tested them and gotten full discus approval I'm going to be ordering more today. The bag is nearly gone already. I've also decided to stop giving them my homemade beefheart mix since they prefer the worms and that one beefheart feeding a day just fouls up the tank. Worms don't foul! LOL

As far as how I feed, my fish love coming up to the top to tear the chunks off the cubes in my fingers. Once they've gotten a few good bites each and the cube is waterlogged I just left them drift onto the top of the water. The flow from my filter pushes them down into the column and the fish all line up and grab worms as they come floating past. Feedings never last beyond 5 minutes and nary a worm is left in the tank when they are done.

I'm just so glad that I saw this thread last month and decided to try your worms. Life is a lot easier with just discus flakes, your worms and a couple of pellets (for the cories who tend to miss out on all the fun at the top of the water)

So can I order a metric butt load of cubed worms this time around? Or maybe 2 metric loads? =) Thats a great review of them! Thanks! I just dropped you a Pm. :)

Don,

Hmm, I always figured they were like Cheetos! Only no orange dust.
Lol... Cheetos for discus....why not.. I'd say my discus like them as much as my son like his cheetos. :) By the way...got your phone call, and we'll talk soon... give you a call tomorrow.

-al

warblad79
05-23-2011, 05:20 PM
My fish love this stuff its like drugs to them, my fish get panic everytime I feed them.

Vee
05-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi Al,

I just put in an order for 50g. :)

brewmaster15
05-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Al,

I just put in an order for 50g. :)

Thanks Vee!!!!!

-al

Melissa
06-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Al, i had a group of sick juveniles that were off of food for nearly a week from being medicated. They have been minimally interested in GP pellets since they began nibbling at food again post-treatment...

I fed them your FDBW'S this morning and it took them about 5 minutes until the whole group had kind of tasted them... Still acting wary of food, but i thought i saw some actually eat them.
Then this afternoon, I went ahead and tried them again, only the second time these juvies have seen FDBWs and they were SAVAGES!!! They ripped the cube right from my fingertips and I can't tell you how happy I am to see them eat with such enthusiasm again. :) :)

I just placed an order for more. I think I'll try growing out my next spawn on these things as a main staple in their diet :)

DonMD
06-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I've got juvies at about 8 weeks, and I'm dicing up the cubes, soaking them, then dumping them in the aquarium. It's great to see those juvies go for them! And so clean, no disintegration. A quick vacuum, and all's clean again.

Melissa
06-03-2011, 12:13 AM
I've never seen my juvies so excited about a type of food like they are these FDBWs LOL! It's been such a thrill for my 3 year old. I let her hold a cube of it in the water and the whole mob attacks her fingers which is just hilarious to watch. Lol

I'll try dicing them up like you do Don, might make it easier for each fish to get their fair share if I did it that way :)

shawnhu
06-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Two words, Discus Crack. My fish and I are hooked!

Melissa
06-03-2011, 10:37 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250477_1895800647856_1626790161_1856782_7011192_n. jpghttp://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250477_1895800687857_1626790161_1856783_1211463_n. jpg

A few pictures ofMy babies eating the last cube this afternoon! I wish I had ordered more sooner I can't wait for my order to get here.

Sean Buehrle
06-03-2011, 10:45 PM
How do i get some of these

Melissa
06-03-2011, 10:51 PM
How do i get some of these

http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Freeze-dried-foods_c2.htm

Sean Buehrle
06-03-2011, 11:22 PM
http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Freeze-dried-foods_c2.htm

K thx

Emilio
06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Received my second order and my Discus just loves them. Thanks again Al!

brewmaster15
06-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Hey Don, Shawn, Melissa, and Emilio,

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've Been MIA the last 2 weeks and just saw this and wanted to send you out a sincere thanks!

thanks again!

-al

and to all The Discus out there... Tell your owners that you want some of the really good stuff...Freeze Dried Black Worms. :)

mmorris
06-12-2011, 08:36 PM
My discus say they want some of the really good stuff so...no more MIA!

Discus-Hans
06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey Don, Shawn, Melissa, and Emilio,

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've Been MIA the last 2 weeks and just saw this and wanted to send you out a sincere thanks!

thanks again!

-al

and to all The Discus out there... Tell your owners that you want some of the really good stuff...Freeze Dried Black Worms. :)

Okay, Welcome back buddy, glad to see you have a real life beside the Discus.
Hope all is well.

Now send me those freaking samples, at least 12 orders went out without them now.......... :angry:

Hans

Cambik
06-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Yep mine was one of those orders.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Discus-Hans
06-12-2011, 09:07 PM

Tell him Stephen lol lol lol

Hans

Skip
06-12-2011, 09:25 PM

Tell him Stephen lol lol lol

Hans

I was there too ! :)

brewmaster15
06-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks Folks.....I do appreciate the support and enthusiasm. :) Best I can say is, This forum is my home, my pride and my joy... If I am not on Simply, Theres a really good reason (s) and it can 't be helped at the time. Things happen.

Luckily I have been able to get all orders out same as always... :) Martha your fish should get their fix of the really good stuff tues, wed....Thanks again!

Hans, you've shamed me into action bud....Samples will go out to you as well.....Really appreciate all the samples you have been sending out with Orders. You and Kenny Cheung have helped me spread the word of these immensely...Thanks also to you Martha for doing so when you've had the opportunity.

Hopefully, You'll see me more on line these upcoming weeks, but this is a busy time for me any year and with all the other things going on...well.we'll see. In anycase, Orders will always go out ASAP> and I can always be reached by email, and phone. :)

Just in case anyone needs to reach me on their orders..

aquaticsuppliers@comcast.net
phone 203-464-2869
pm me here but it may or not get a rapid reply at this time.

Thanks again everyone.

ps....Stephen and Skip, drop me an email and I'll be happy to send you out a sample. :)

Skip
06-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks again everyone.

ps....Stephen and Skip, drop me an email and I'll be happy to send you out a sample. :)

CHA CHING!! you got it boss :)

Sean Buehrle
06-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Brew
I recieved my worms and the fish really do love em, thanks for gettin em here so quick.

Ill get a bigger bag next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewmaster15
06-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Brew
I recieved my worms and the fish really do love em, thanks for gettin em here so quick.

Ill get a bigger bag next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Sean! Glad they worked out well for you!

take care,
al

Skip
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
THANKS FOR THE HANS/SAMPLE!!

i like the cubes.. sticking them to the side is awesome.. they tore into those.. but surface feeding with loose is something they had to learn a little before they eat them up :)

thanks.. AL..

i will be needing to pick some more up, now that i got a taste/feel of the cubes

Cambik
06-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Yep I got my Sample, Mine took a little bit to figure out what that was stuck to the side...But once they did they tore it apart. Then didn't hesitate when I put the loose in the tank. They saw it on the surface and really went after it. I ended up liking it so I ordered some. (Even though I have more food than I know what to do with now). Thanks for sending the Hans/Sample for me as well Al.

dadecountyalan
06-20-2011, 09:35 PM
just placed a order today 4 100grams cubed. ive decided that this is going to be my staple food for my fish. already seeing thickness growth

brewmaster15
06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Stephen,
Dropped your order off at the post office today,Thanks!! :)

Alan,
Yours will go out tomarrow am...Glad its working out for you so well! :)

Skip,

THANKS FOR THE HANS/SAMPLE!!

i like the cubes.. sticking them to the side is awesome.. they tore into those.. but surface feeding with loose is something they had to learn a little before they eat them up

thanks.. AL..

i will be needing to pick some more up, now that i got a taste/feel of the cube Let me know when you are ready....its really when they eat it out of your hands as well!

-al

dadecountyalan
06-20-2011, 09:54 PM
when can i expect it?

brewmaster15
06-20-2011, 10:02 PM
when can i expect it?
I'll ship tomarrow...it Goes by Priority mail...Usually to Florida in 3 days from CT...so my guess...Thurs/Friday...

-al

dadecountyalan
06-24-2011, 01:02 AM
got it today. really love the cubed version just sticks onto the glass. i think i should make a video of them going for it

brewmaster15
06-28-2011, 07:07 AM
got it today. really love the cubed version just sticks onto the glass. i think i should make a video of them going for it
Love it when a shipment arrives right on schedule! Thanks again Alan!

-al

TURQ64
08-15-2011, 02:23 PM
A swarm of MIG's at 11 'o' clock!!...purely priceless, and I didn't have a camera ready..I just fed their first time ever feeding of FDBW's to some F1 Tefe's, and a batch of F1Heckel crosses.....What an animated tank it is!....I guess I'll be ordering again in a week or two.....Gary

Sean Buehrle
08-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I just ordered 50 grams Friday, my fish love em.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pennex1
08-16-2011, 08:37 AM
I have a complaint. I went through a 100 grams in about 4 weeks and now i am almost 1/2 thru a 200 gram bag in 2 weeks due to 19 new 2.5in-3in from Hans. At this rate, i am going to be broke feeding them soon. The new batch from Hans will eat about 20+ cubes per day.

Good going Brewmaster15.

brewmaster15
08-18-2011, 11:09 AM
I have a complaint. I went through a 100 grams in about 4 weeks and now i am almost 1/2 thru a 200 gram bag in 2 weeks due to 19 new 2.5in-3in from Hans. At this rate, i am going to be broke feeding them soon. The new batch from Hans will eat about 20+ cubes per day.

Good going Brewmaster15. You are very welcome!:)

-al

AKRON AWOL
08-18-2011, 01:45 PM
i bought a 10 gram bag a few weeks ago just to try it...i fed them in the morning and right after my water change during the evening as their last meal and the way they tear at them you'd think it really was their "last meal" lol. now i have to order more because i'm out!...and i really did notice a growth spurt while using them. I love that they keep my tank clean as apposed to the flakes and bits...and if fish had emotions i'd say they love them :D thanks again Al! :)

Cris

aalbina
08-18-2011, 04:35 PM
I switched over to the 100 gram bags - saves some money and my five adult fish are going through these worms like crazy. They eat out of my hand and really go nuts for these. They get a FDBW feeding in the morning, get pellets in the afternoon and a light snack of FDBW at night. They're all fat and happy!

Thanks Al. If you ever stop selling these - I'm going to have some pissed off fish!

Adam

Sean Buehrle
08-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Got mine today, thanks Al.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinJDH401
08-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi all,
Well, I can't believe it how fast time has gone by, But its been almost a year now since I started selling these Freeze Dried Blackworms.. I must say I have been really happy with the way things have been developing. I have been very fortunate to build a great relationship with my supplier, Mal Davidson, and with many very good customers as well. My thanks to all! I'm looking forward to working with everyone this upcoming year.

What I could use is more feedback as to how the product is working for you and how you are using it. It would be great if any of you could post pics, videos, info, etc. I'd like to hear from you in this thread. It would be great to see how you are using Freeze Dried Blackworms, how much you feed per numbers of fish, how often, etc, types of fish you feed them to.... Pretty much all the info you can give me here.

As a Thank you for your Help, I'll Pick two of you that posts here in this thread to receive 50 Grams of either loose or cubed for Free, shipping included. I'll award those March 1, 2011.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Al
I can't get my discus to eat anything that is not frozen. It's frustrating. Will they eat these freeze dried black worms if they are this picky?

brewmaster15
08-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Cris, Adam, Sean...Thanks again!!!:)

I can't get my discus to eat anything that is not frozen. It's frustrating. Will they eat these freeze dried black worms if they are this picky? My guess is yes, but I am biased. :) Best bet Justin is drop me a PM and I'll send you out a sample to try. Just let me know where to send them.

hth,
al

Embersmom
08-20-2011, 07:03 PM
So THAT'S what 1k of freeze dried blackworms looks like!!!!!! W O W. Now hopefully I never run out. Some of my wilds were on a three day hunger strike until the new shipment arrived - and they get a HUGE variety of food daily. Silly flat fish :)
Thanks, so very much Al. Greatly appreciated. I'll continue to have shipped to my university address - less than 5 days from your door to mine :)

JustinJDH401
09-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Thank you for the sample you sent me a few weeks ago! The fish ate it up on the first try so I ordered a 50 gram pack of the cubed worms.

JustinJDH401
09-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Here is a youtube of my fish eating off the glass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJeis5IT40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJeis5IT40

brewmaster15
09-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey Justin,
Thanks for the video, I'd say the big one in the tank there, definetly wants to keep that cube to itself!!:)

-al

Sean Buehrle
09-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Ive been feeding these worms to my fry for awhile now and they love them.

I put them in a food processor and cut them up then into a jar of water and shake.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/seanndenise1/th_61001c40.jpg (http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/seanndenise1/?action=view&current=61001c40.mp4)

brewmaster15
09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Wow Sean, Thats a great group of fry there having a feeding frenzy! :)

BTW...are the parents the ones in your avatar?

-al
Ive been feeding these worms to my fry for awhile now and they love them.

I put them in a food processor and cut them up then into a jar of water and shake.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/seanndenise1/th_61001c40.jpg (http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/seanndenise1/?action=view¤t=61001c40.mp4)

Sean Buehrle
09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow Sean, Thats a great group of fry there having a feeding frenzy! :)

BTW...are the parents the ones in your avatar?

-al

Nope those are a pair of pigeons I got from Hans about 8 years ago.

When he first became a sponser here.
He sent me 5 fish and I got 2 pairs within a couple weeks.

Those fish were enormous.

That big one on the right was at least 8 inches in all directions. I remember arguing with chuck bam about who had the biggest discus, lol.

The fry in this vid is from the spotted pair Hans sent me in July. Born august 11th.

brewmaster15
09-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Nice Job Sean, fry look like they are growing great for 5 weeks olds! Best of luck with them!
-al

Sean Buehrle
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Nice Job Sean, fry look like they are growing great for 5 weeks olds! Best of luck with them!
-al

Thanks Al that means alot comin from you, I'm doin the best I can.

Lotsa new water and as much food as they can eat without popping :)

BaileyF
01-04-2012, 11:40 PM
got mine in today, the fish are actually swimming up to the top to eat them, their usually very timid and hide so its kind of a big deal. i'll definitively be adding this into the rotation. i haven't brought any up to my angles yet but i'm willing to bet their going to tear them apart.

Thanks!

Dannigirl
04-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks Al- got mine today. It's the first time I have seen my itty bitty's attack anything. They all of a sudden are really brave.
I already know that next time I need to go bigger way bigger.

My Angels and Rams also went crazy once they figured out what it was. :)

I can't wait to see how my babies grow with these and Bill's Super BH Flake.

dfwfishguy
04-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks Al, I got mine 4 days back, My Angel fish loves them.. Will place an order soon..

skennedysocal
04-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Even the SAEs love the FBWs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PW5L3MKa5c&feature=g-upl

brewmaster15
04-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Even the SAEs love the FBWs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PW5L3MKa5c&feature=g-upl

Sean,
Love the Video :D and the tank as well... very nice planted tank. Thanks for posting it!!

-al

skennedysocal
04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks! One thing you can't tell from the video is while it looks fairly packed with plants they are spaced so the discus can swim in and out of them. There is also a two inch gap in the back where the plants don't meet the back wall and the discus love to hang out there when I am doing water changes. It gives the look of a thickly planted tank yet gives the discus a lot of room to swim as well.

seanyuki
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks Al......got my FDBW from you.....from placing the order on yr website and fast delivery lah...less than 4 days into Canada......will post a video tomorrow eating those FDBW........no time to do beefhearts ect ......just feed them FDBW............I got some BDs from Liz last year.........only fed them FBDW and my homemade turkey mixtures daily .......they are doing great now.

seanyuki
05-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Short clip of the BDs eating FDBW.

click picture to view video:p

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/th_20a4803b.jpg (http://s379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/?action=view&current=20a4803b.mp4)

thanks for viewing.

Teshi
05-09-2012, 08:19 PM
HAHA its raining worms in that tank!

bulldogmadmax
05-13-2012, 02:30 AM
hi. AI . I get a mine 200g freeze dried blackworms last WED . great product. MY DISCUS LOVE IT.

brewmaster15
05-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks Guys,
Please keep that feedback coming!:)

-al

Trier20
05-14-2012, 11:58 AM
I received my FDBW about a week and a half ago and let me tell you this idk y I waited so long to buy this stuff! I bought a pair from Hans and to my suprise I got a little sample in with them. So I tried them. Holy cow! My fish went nuts for this stuff! I love the cubes! Just stick them to the side of the glass and watch them rip it apart! I fed one cube to 4 that range from 3-5.5 in 4-5 times daily. In the short time I've been feeding the FDBW to them I've seen growth in size and thickness. Great stuff! Order tours today! http://aquaticsuppliers.com/Freeze-dried-foods_c2.htm

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ttmv5z
-Brandon

lipadj46
05-14-2012, 12:10 PM
I got my free sample from Al yesterday. I will admit I got a small sample of Al's worms last year when I bought discus from Hans but my fish would not eat them. I then fed frozen blackworms for a while but they were messy and my fish were losing interest in them. I tried freeze dried CBW and again my discus were not into them (my BGK and angel would gorge on them though). So I saw Al offered samples and just got them this weekend. Suffice to say my discus went crazy for them. I think it has to do with the small size of the worms where they can get waterlogged and sink where the larger CBWs never really sink so if your fish don't eat from the surface it's a bit frustrating. So as soon as funds allow I will order some worms from Al.

zchauvin
05-14-2012, 01:49 PM
How are everyone getting these free samples? Lol, and whats all this hype. Al you mean to tell me these fish like your worms?!??! :)

DiscusBR
05-16-2012, 08:53 PM
A short video of my Cuipeaus attacking Al's FDBW as if they are wild creatures: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSjHrxebLw

brewmaster15
05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
How are everyone getting these free samples? Lol, and whats all this hype. Al you mean to tell me these fish like your worms?!??! :)
Samples are going out with several GREAT sponsors here (thanks Hans (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?114-Discus-Hans-USA-Maryland), Kenny (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?119-Kenny-s-Discus-%28Kenny-Cheung%29-Daly-City-California), Rod and BOB (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?236-New-Jersey-Discus-(Rod-Clement-and-Robert-Balogh)-New-Jersey-USA)!), samples are also being passed out at fish shows and clubs by awesome hobbyists that recognize an incredible food and want to help promote it and support this site. Samples are also available by emailing me at aquaticsuppliers@comcast.net for any one thats interested in trying our Freeze Dried Australian Blackworms...;):D

Tanks!!

-al

brewmaster15
05-24-2012, 03:00 PM
A short video of my Cuipeaus attacking Al's FDBW as if they are wild creatures: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSjHrxebLw

Great Video Mauro! Never tire of seeing that! Thanks for sharing it !!! oh and BTW... gorgeous wilds!

-al

arreola1345
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Hey Al. My discus love your Freeze dried worms. They get all crazy evrytime i feed it to my discus in the morning. Theyre all ready to eat everytime i open the lid to my tank. Thanks Al. You have a great product there!

Snow
07-19-2014, 04:34 PM
I wanted to be able to give my Discus a well rounded & balanced diet. So I decided to try & add these to what they currently are eating. I will say hands down they are the favorite with all of my fish (Discus, Cardinal Tetras, Molly's & Rummy Nose)! I have used these to teach my Discus not to be so skittish & they will actually come eat them from from hands now. Wonderful product.....and will be placing an order very soon for more!

Disgirl
07-19-2014, 04:42 PM
This reminds me to tell you all that these worms are the only food I feed that my discus will actually raise their mouths out of the water to get, before I even drop them in. Not jumping but close to it. And my electric blue jack Dempsey does jump up, his whole head comes out of the water when he sees the worms in my fingers. And he has teeth so big I can see them grab the worms, he is in his own tank.
Barb

pauline
07-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Same here....all my fish love them. I even feed the worm "crumbs" from the bottom of the bag to my tiny celestial pearl danios.

brewmaster15
07-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Hey Al. My discus love your Freeze dried worms. They get all crazy evrytime i feed it to my discus in the morning. Theyre all ready to eat everytime i open the lid to my tank. Thanks Al. You have a great product there! Thank you for your feedback! I am really glad that they love the worms!!
:o

brewmaster15
07-19-2014, 07:23 PM
I wanted to be able to give my Discus a well rounded & balanced diet. So I decided to try & add these to what they currently are eating. I will say hands down they are the favorite with all of my fish (Discus, Cardinal Tetras, Molly's & Rummy Nose)! I have used these to teach my Discus not to be so skittish & they will actually come eat them from from hands now. Wonderful product.....and will be placing an order very soon for more! Your Discus have great taste!;) Thanks Tammy!

-al

brewmaster15
07-19-2014, 07:24 PM
This reminds me to tell you all that these worms are the only food I feed that my discus will actually raise their mouths out of the water to get, before I even drop them in. Not jumping but close to it. And my electric blue jack Dempsey does jump up, his whole head comes out of the water when he sees the worms in my fingers. And he has teeth so big I can see them grab the worms, he is in his own tank.
Barb
Barb, I am really happy to hear they still love the worms.. Better watch those fingers!:)

-al

brewmaster15
07-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Same here....all my fish love them. I even feed the worm "crumbs" from the bottom of the bag to my tiny celestial pearl danios.

Pauline, Thanks for the feedback here! :) Got some lucky Danios!

-al

nc0gnet0
07-19-2014, 07:28 PM
One of these days I am going to have to try these things :)

-
Rick

brewmaster15
07-19-2014, 08:43 PM

-
Rick
Lol.... That so?;) Let me know when you do Rick..I think I have a really good customer that lives somewhere real close to you...I'll see if he can share some with you. He always has plenty!:)

-al

gunnerschh2
08-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks Al got my 2nd. 200gs & this time tried the bio +.The discus like them over other foods that I feed but I keep switching there diet. Glad to help this great site.

brewmaster15
08-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks Al got my 2nd. 200gs & this time tried the bio +.The discus like them over other foods that I feed but I keep switching there diet. Glad to help this great site.
Thanks Harry!! Glad to have you here!

-al

Chicago Discus
08-03-2014, 10:42 PM

-
Rick

We feed them to everyone it's a solid food and I highly recommend it. I like the cubes our discus really love them.......Josie

brewmaster15
08-03-2014, 10:51 PM
We feed them to everyone it's a solid food and I highly recommend it. I like the cubes our discus really love them.......Josie

Thank you Josie!

-al

torch
10-27-2014, 02:28 PM
I can use this to replace feeding Beefheart or pellets as main food source?

brewmaster15
10-28-2014, 06:07 AM
I can use this to replace feeding Beefheart or pellets as main food source?

I have many customers that have done just that. I myself made the switch from BeefHeart as my main food to Freeze Dried Black Worms. Freeze Dried Black Worms have an excellent nutritional profile. They are high in protein and fats and so well taken by fish thats there is little waste food left in the tank, making it a cleaner food than Beefheart mixes, some of which can be very messy. I don't think there is anything wrong with feeding Discus Beefheart or pellets.

I am not an advocate for feeding discus anyone one kind of food solely though some do so with great success. I think a varied Diet is a more natural diet for a fish.

Best always,
Al

musicmarn1
10-29-2014, 12:35 AM
I did not know you could use it as a sole food ! that's great info, though i love what you say about varied foods its what i do with all my animals , a varied diet, just because i love feeding them and it makes me happy to give them a variety of things and see them enjoy it! I do know those FDBW are very well received, the bio pigment ones i got last time are almost all gone i have to get more, did not know they would be so voracious for them :p

brewmaster15
10-29-2014, 07:25 AM
I did not know you could use it as a sole food ! that's great info, though i love what you say about varied foods its what i do with all my animals , a varied diet, just because i love feeding them and it makes me happy to give them a variety of things and see them enjoy it! I do know those FDBW are very well received, the bio pigment ones i got last time are almost all gone i have to get more, did not know they would be so voracious for them :p
Glad to hear it Marnie! Thanks!!:)

-al

fishin'fool
11-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Great product. Initially ordered the smallest portion just to try it out thinking if this was just a waste of money again. Was very surprised my finnicky discus(all of them) took to it right away. Had to reorder more right away!

brewmaster15
11-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Great product. Initially ordered the smallest portion just to try it out thinking if this was just a waste of money again. Was very surprised my finnicky discus(all of them) took to it right away. Had to reorder more right away! Thank you!
I thought that the address looked real familiar when I shipped it out today...not too many people live on a street with a letter for a name!:)

Glad you like the fishfood!
Best always,
Al

George001
11-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Excellent product. I have been ordering the FDB cube with spinach, and all of my discus go nuts over it. This is by far their favorite food. If you haven't tried this product your discus are really missing out. Thanks Al for supplying us with such a fantastic product. Just reordered some more FDB.

George

brewmaster15
11-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Excellent product. I have been ordering the FDB cube with spinach, and all of my discus go nuts over it. This is by far their favorite food. If you haven't tried this product your discus are really missing out. Thanks Al for supplying us with such a fantastic product. Just reordered some more FDB.

George

THANKS GEORGE!

That order is on the way...should see it shortly!:)

Al

Fishlvr4
11-18-2014, 07:11 AM
I'm just getting back into fish after many years away , placed an order to try these Australian Freeze Dried Blackworms and my discus love them. I also fed them to my angels, it was a feeding frenzy.

Thanks Al for the lightning fast shipping and a great product. I'll be back again!

brewmaster15
11-18-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm just getting back into fish after many years away , placed an order to try these Australian Freeze Dried Blackworms and my discus love them. I also fed them to my angels, it was a feeding frenzy.

Thanks Al for the lightning fast shipping and a great product. I'll be back again!
Hey welcome back to the hobby! and thanks for the feedback! Glad your fish are happy.:)

-al