PDA

View Full Version : Background ideas

Krelean
01-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Anyone have any good solutions for different colored backgrounds? or Have you found one particular color background enhances the discus more than another background?

I am not using a bb tank, I have a natural color gravel-not the painted stuff...actual fish gravel. I have a royal blue background and a black background, but my fish seem to get lost in it.

angel eyes
01-29-2011, 01:56 AM
go with something light in color.
sky blue, soft pink, even white..that'll make the discus pop.
You can use store bought backgrounds (SeaView w/ seagel & Oceanvisions are usually two really good brands for the store boughts), if your creative you can paint the back (many use Krylon Fusion and Rustoleum spray paint), Showerboard is cheap and bright, plastic banquest tablecloths (I've used the cheap $1'ish ones from wal-marts party aisle) and then if your careful not to splash you can even do fabrics or shelf liner.

for visuals you can see my tank with both a pink plastic party tablecloth and Seaviews rock background on photos 130 & 131 here-->
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?36137-Aquascaping-Critique&p=718543&highlight=#post718543

wendy9722
01-29-2011, 06:47 PM
I think that looks really good. I'll have to check out Walmart and see what they have. I was thinking of getting some other stuff together to make my own but if I dont have to I wont....

Wendy

Krelean
01-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I wonder how a soft green would look, maybe a cloth background

discusdaddy
01-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Remmember the stuff you use to paint on and it would make a kind of cracked stained glass effect? i want some of that stuff.