View Full Version : Getting to a type of discus?

discusmurderer
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi to all, How did the very first breeders get to pg and bd,ss,and all the other kinds?

I Wanted to try it myself,i just got some pg's from an importer and i would like to try .

jball1125
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Selective breeding.

discusmurderer
02-04-2011, 07:39 PM
"MEANING", they put them back with the parents and inbreed or select the ones with more blue and put them together to make blue diamonds. Did anyone ever put it into books how they got to a particular strain?

LizStreithorst
02-04-2011, 07:54 PM
How did you resolve your Cryptobia problem, Discusmurderer?

William Palumbo
02-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Dude, you have to keep the fish alive for more than a few days first. Seems like you need to to put your efforts into that first. Please don't kill anymore fish...Bill

discusmurderer
02-04-2011, 09:38 PM
How did you resolve your Cryptobia problem, Discusmurderer?

Hi liz, i cloroxed every thing, soaked everything for two days, my hands were even peeling after i was finished.
I bought 6 pb juvies and they are in a 18x18x18 and i am making 50% wc's every day and i am doing a fishless cycle on my big tank 133 gal. the mistake i was making was i bought from the same guy who had it and was buying others from everyone else and mixing them all together. i now know the person who has it because i saw his fish spinning and he worms out his fish every 2 or three months so he pushes back the cryptobia and they all seem ok but from the time the come by me i dont worm out , and three months down the line they start spinning and darting with no signs of any white feces, and by that time i have purchased more and mixed all together.

discusmurderer
02-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Dude, you have to keep the fish alive for more than a few days first. Seems like you need to to put your efforts into that first. Please don't kill anymore fish...Bill

Alright, allright, no need to come down so hard . Remember it was not my fault that all the fish i ever had died, the whole Country has it, all the breeders i bought from had it ,thier fish did the same thing, I remember seeing fish spinning at one of thier houses and he uses metro every two months so it surpreses it and he does not see the symptoms often and he is out to work for the whole day and back in the evening at 7 . I bought some for a friend at another breeder and he had his at his house and they did the same thing 4 years ago, i remember the symptoms and i treated them myself and nothing worked. You will understand when i tell u that everyone goes to everyone else and purchase fish and even buy at lps, so every one has it ,i asked different breeders about the symptoms and they told me it was gill flukes. NO ONE HAS EVER GONE TO CHECK OUT BY AN AUTOPSY! I am the first in this country to check out a fish at the Aquaculture center.Imagine all these breeders with all there problems never did a pm on thier fish. there is one importer from the far east and another who imports from the US and i am planning on buying from them.SO the conclusion of the matter is i am not a murderer of discus

William Palumbo
02-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Well, whatever, I hope this next time it works out for you and the fish. All the best...Bill

discusmurderer
02-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, whatever, I hope this next time it works out for you and the fish. All the best...Bill

Ok Bill, I know it will work this time because i don't have diseased fish.Alot of people use to come down my throat but it was not me who was killing all my fish it was cryptobia. Its a funny thing though , how come no one on sd recognized the symptoms.?