PDA

View Full Version : Siam Yellow Master & Red Melon Pair

ziggy83
02-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Hi guys, really enjoying this forum & the wealth of experience you all share. 2 of my discus have paired up & I'm wondering if I am able to raise the fry if they'll be considered A common PB? I think they could produce some beautiful babies. The last fry were eaten by dear ol' mom. Granted, all conditions need to be perfect. I have them in a community tank for the moment, but I plan to seperate them soon. Thanks!

DiscusLoverJeff
02-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Any pictures to share?

ziggy83
02-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Here is a picture of the two guarding their babies. I love the little shimmy that they do. I believe the red melon is my male & the Siam Yellow is my female. I got them from Somethingsphishy.com back in May at around 2-3 inches. They're about 4-5 now.

DiscusLoverJeff
02-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Another great success story. Good luck and very nice looking fish!

ziggy83
02-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks Jeff. Now all I gotta do is find 2 more tanks, so the babies get a chance. Otherwise, from what I've seen, I'm SOL. Lol

DerekFF
02-17-2011, 05:22 PM
I think theyll look a lot like mom and dad. To me i dont see the difference in the 2 fish in the picture really, they just look like some sort of mixed PB. The names somethingfishy gave you is just a hype name to get you interested in buying them and they dont look anything like the pics on the website. Good luck with the spawn, the babies will likely have heavy peppering(black marks) but some people like the pepper.

ziggy83
02-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks Derek. Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I saw all of the peppering on my yellow discus, although it's still a very beautiful fish. The Red Melon has hardly any, which is great! If the fry turn out I hope they'll be sellable fish, however I'm not expecting to sell show fish.