PDA

View Full Version : Formalin cost

daveo
02-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi, I am looking for some formalin on the cheap,
Looking at a glance it seems prices are up from past?

27.00$ for 500ml. or 17oz shipped

Anybody know of a better deal out there.

Thanks, Daveo

yim11
02-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Check with a local vet, you may have to deal with Haz Mat regulations if its shipped.

William Palumbo
02-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Better get it while you can Daveo...it's supposed to be hard for hobbyist to get in the near future. Where did you find the Formalin at?...Bill

richgrenfell
02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Steve Rybicki at angels plus has a 16oz bottle for $6.25. That's without shipping,

daveo
02-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Better get it while you can Daveo...it's supposed to be hard for hobbyist to get in the near future. Where did you find the Formalin at?...Bill

Online (DFWX)

Daveo

daveo
02-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Check with a local vet, you may have to deal with Haz Mat regulations if its shipped.

Haz-mat, Crap im not buying gun powder! haha

I asked for some at the local drug store yesterday, you should have seen the look the lady gave me.
Then they told me to try the hardware store. O it's true..

Daveo

Dkarc@Aol.com
02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Be very careful when buying formalin based products in the winter!!! If the formalin gets below 40F, it will form paraformaldahyde, which WILL kill fish very quickly. If your formalin has turned a slight white/hazy milky coloration, discard it!! We do not ship formalin based products in the winter without prior explicit explanation of the possible risks. We would rather lose a sale than a customer lose their expensive fish.

-Ryan

daveo
02-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Be very careful when buying formalin based products in the winter!!! If the formalin gets below 40F, it will form paraformaldahyde, which WILL kill fish very quickly. If your formalin has turned a slight white/hazy milky coloration, discard it!! We do not ship formalin based products in the winter without prior explicit explanation of the possible risks. We would rather lose a sale than a customer lose their expensive fish.

-Ryan

Good Info thank you.

Daveo

Eddie
02-15-2011, 01:06 AM
4fishstuff.com has a BIG bottle.