PDA

View Full Version : Some of my high body Bulldog Super eruption and super leopard

Lucky Tropical
02-17-2011, 12:10 PM

Tapout_mma
02-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Those are nasty dude!!....Why do that to Discus?

Jason

moik
02-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Those are nice...I always liked bulldogs..Very nice spotting on those guys/girls..I always like different variables in discus as much as I love discus as a whole..Job well done in raising those bulldogs to a generous size,,I know it takes alot more effort to raise bulldogs to size than normal round discus..Thanks for sharing..

jball1125
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Those are nasty dude!!....Why do that to Discus?

Jason

Honestly its not my cup of tea either, however, everyone has different opinions. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

josephl
02-17-2011, 01:33 PM
They look great

kaffeene
02-17-2011, 01:39 PM
What makes raising them to bigger sizes more difficult?

roundfishross
02-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I think they grow alot slower

wendy9722
02-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not a fan of the bulldog look. But those are cute with the heart shaped bodies. Who knows... People do change there tastes on different things everyday. :)

Wendy

William Palumbo
02-17-2011, 04:05 PM
That Discus in the 3rd pic looks like he's sad. Like he's waiting(hoping)for death!...Bill

ZX10R
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I am speechless!!! that is some crazy looking fish. They have that kind of cute but ugly thing going for them.

vss
02-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't mind slightly bulldogged fish, but these are absolutely beyond what I can accept. they were beautiful spotted fish if they don't have the defomity there. :(

Xiaofei:)

kevin joseph
02-17-2011, 04:11 PM
bill you crack me up. it kind of looks like it has a eyebrow.frown.

daveo
02-17-2011, 05:59 PM
NO its deformed... the bat wing discus fish is not for me sorry.

Daveo

DiscusKev
02-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Nice spots but these are too extreme. Nice bulldog anyhow.

hedut
02-17-2011, 06:22 PM
As always Lawrence you have great collection Bulldogs :).

Note I rather have these kinda fish than peppering fish in my tank but this just me ;)

Lucky Tropical
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
I will try to take some more picture to show that some of them is perfect shape and none deform at all.

BOBT00LS
02-17-2011, 07:53 PM
I think whats being missed is that this is the goal of Lawrence. Just as some breed to improve on a rounder shape, These bulldogs are bred to create this bulldog shape and as it seems, Lawrence has it mastered with several different strains. These arent the rejects of the batch but exactly what his goal is. Sure they arent for everybody just as pigeonbloods arent for everybody as well. Think about it, its a job well done by an experienced breeder whether the end product is liked or not. If he is breeding them Im sure someone is buying them.

Bob

mikel
02-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Wow, very interesting body shape. I wonder if they cans wim properly, having never seen anything like it in person. mike

keef
02-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd get one for my tanks but I'm afraid all my other Discus would laugh at him.

Lucky Tropical
02-18-2011, 12:37 AM
They are swim well and 100% they can have sex also.

Regards
Lawrence Soon

Wow, very interesting body shape. I wonder if they cans wim properly, having never seen anything like it in person. mike

Lucky Tropical
02-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Hi Mikel,
Instead of taking photo and couldn;t proof they can swim properly,i decide to post some youtube video to proof.
And Dear Keef,
When you see the video,tell me how you feel ?
And here is the link of youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3oQtLSSVw

kaffeene
02-18-2011, 12:47 AM
The still photos don't do those fish justice. I'll be honest, I was surprised how much I liked them all in the tank together, their faces are really neat looking.

moik
02-18-2011, 12:51 AM
once you like the bulldog look ,,you start to see so many variables that even make you like them more..maybe the videos are a better reprentation of the bulldog look..IMO

Lucky Tropical
02-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Hi Moik,
Here is the 3.5 months old Bulldog .
here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX8plGlN1Sw

Did somebody say they was growing slow???

once you like the bulldog look ,,you start to see so many variables that even make you like them more..IMO

moik
02-18-2011, 01:11 AM
they look great..you have the knack of getting them growing...I have some bulldogs,,they are good growing discus ..It just takes a little more care and effort to get them to size compared to most round variety of discus...nothing hard to do,,just discipline..

mikel
02-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Hay, I am all about discipline!!! Thanks Lawrence for the video link. I do see they are quite elegant swimmers. They definitely can grow on you. It's really just a matter of getting used to something. mike

Discusgeo2
02-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Lawrence has always had a great collection of fish and I have gotten a lot of boxes from him over the last few years. His Bulldogs are nice and you really need to see them in person.

George

Eddie
02-18-2011, 07:58 AM
That Discus in the 3rd pic looks like he's sad. Like he's waiting(hoping)for death!...Bill

I'm dying.....man Bill, literally killed me.

Jennie
02-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Lawrence, the fish are nice for the extreme bulldog strain and not meant for everyone apparently, but a few of us do find them attractive. nice vid.

Tapout_mma
02-18-2011, 11:12 AM
public forum can say what ever I choose... :)

Jason

dadecountyalan
02-18-2011, 11:25 AM
-__-

jball1125
02-18-2011, 11:28 AM
public forum can say what ever I choose... :)

Jason

Not about what you can and cannot do, its called respect! Same way you can do what you want with your words, he can do what he wants with his fish! Might be a public forum but if people went around trashing others fish it would become an unpleasant place and eventually no one would share and there would be no forum.

3dees
02-18-2011, 11:33 AM
really, no need to be rude. there are some purist who might think the same about any domestic discus. you can voice your opinion, but try to be a little more respectful.

truc_tuyen
02-18-2011, 11:42 AM
public forum can say what ever I choose...:)

Jason

your trash may mean for others as treasure. I do not think Lawrence consider this one as his own trash. Why i think so, check out his place from utube, you see alot of grade A and A++ fish. Why waste your time to raise trash

if you have those trash, let me know, I will take them all

stanlee
02-18-2011, 11:56 AM
hear, hear.
one man's meat is another man's poison.
btw, public forum doesn't mean u have no responsibilities.
be sensitive.
let's not create unnecessary tension and just enjoy discus as a hobby.
cheers.

Yogesh
02-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Not my cuppa tea but nevertheless beautiful fish.
Do they carry genes?

pcsb23
02-18-2011, 01:28 PM
OK folks, lets keep this respectful. I have heavily edited this thread and removed some posts. Personal attacks and offensive comments will not be tolerated.

jawfish
02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Interesting Lawrence...

Althought the extreme is not my cup of tea, I do see some that I'd love to work with.

Yhea Bulldogs do grow on you.

Keep it up Lawrence !!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Fred

Joker43
02-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Honestly its not my cup of tea either, however, everyone has different opinions. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

This tends to happen alot everywhere. People share their joy of something they made or bought and others pick it apart.
I bet the Old school wild discus keepers felt the same about the many colors we call beautiful that someone crossbred 20+ years ago. Motorcycle world is the Harley and rice burners....lol. Respect is always a good way to live.
Tito:jester:

ZX10R
02-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Motorcycle world is the Harley and rice burners....lol. Respect is always a good way to live.

I always wave at Harley riders to bad they never wave back :wave: and they are sport bikes not rice burners.

I wasn't so sure I like the bulldog type but after seeing the video I am having second thoughts.

mikel
02-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Couldnt care less what type of bikes, but if they go booming down my street at 6:00 am, they are public enemy #1 and I will call the police on them....it is all about respect. mike

jball1125
02-18-2011, 02:45 PM
This tends to happen alot everywhere. People share their joy of something they made or bought and others pick it apart.
I bet the Old school wild discus keepers felt the same about the many colors we call beautiful that someone crossbred 20+ years ago. Motorcycle world is the Harley and rice burners....lol. Respect is always a good way to live.
Yup, absolutely nothing wrong with sharing your thoughts respectively.

moik
02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Mostly all troublesome issues get weeded out around here eventually..Just a matter of time that it WILL happen..Have to give respect to have it in return..

Jennie
02-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Is this public forum..I thought was privately owned and generously offered as informative to the public. Isn't there a difference there..

I agree, show a little respect.

DiscusKev
02-18-2011, 06:40 PM
The one shown in the video is really nice, those are not the 'extreme' looking bulldogs. Bob could be right, it may be the objective of breeding these discus. Everyone have different tastes, be it fish, clothes, cars, food.etc No matter what decision they pick, you shall respect that. It actually takes a lot of time and effort to create a nice discus strain...Good job Lawrence.

keef
02-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi Mikel,
Instead of taking photo and couldn;t proof they can swim properly,i decide to post some youtube video to proof.
And Dear Keef,
When you see the video,tell me how you feel ?
And here is the link of youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3oQtLSSVw

Thanks for the video Lawrence,
I wasn't being serious with my last comment (Discus cant laugh) but I must say they are definitely more graceful than I thought they would be from just looking at the pics. And as Bobtools said, you've done a great job in attaining the desired look you were after.

Sounds strange but I think I'd like Bulldogs a lot more if they weren't Discus. If they were an entirely seperate species I'd prolly go nuts for them, they look a lot like juvie batfish which I love. My issue is when I see them I still just cant get past seeing a really bent out of shape discus, maybe my view will soften over time. But taken on their own these are very pretty fish (so pretty infact that I think 'Bulldog' & the images it conjures doesn't really relate anymore) and I can see how a lot of ppl who have never seen or kept Discus might go mad over them & their heart shapes (Valentines gift anybody?).

Good job Lawrence, whether we like some strains or not the Discus hobby will continue to progress in the future & throw up more interesting strains/variations, and I for one look forward to it! Heck I might even end up owning a bulldog tank!

hedut
02-18-2011, 07:22 PM
well for most people think that ugly and is beautiful for some people :). If you see in person you might change your mind :) they look kinda cute :) if not too extreme :). Good job Lawrence:).

Never judge a book from its cover :)

mikel
02-18-2011, 07:55 PM
In the video, they swim quite gracefully, and I am pleasantly surprised. I have seen a picture of a very beautiful BD bull dog before. Any well kept discus, no matter the strain, is quite beautiful. mike