PDA

View Full Version : Great portable RO unit with faucet hookup!

Melissa
02-18-2011, 03:30 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-100GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-Water-Filter-PO4-100-/380210084591?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item5886497aef

Only $65.00!
The guy was great to deal with. He shipped it out the same day I ordered it. It is a very easy unit to set up and get running. He also sells anther portable unit with both RO and a DI filter for $86.00 I think if that's what you are looking for.
The only thing was I replaced a plastic adapter fitting with a metal fitting to connect the faucet to the quick connect thing... I don't like plastic things.. Anyway... Great unit for us hobbyists!
:)

saltydog
02-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Ahhhh, wish i had the same experience with this company, after years of using an RO unit i just purchased ine from this guy and i have never had so many issues with it. Glad your experience was a positive one.

Melissa
02-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh no! Cammie! What problems have you had with it???

wendy9722
02-18-2011, 02:42 PM
After reading your post I was ready to order. Then I checked out the seller reviews and comments and it dont look that great. It would work great for raising fry with smaller wc's. Not for large fish tanks. So that was a great find just too bad the seller never replies back to problems.

Wendy

saltydog
02-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Melissa, let me first say that i have several friends that have units from this company with no issues what so ever as far as the product itself but they purchased them sometime ago. So you may not have any issues with yours. Mine is also a little different than yours. But i have used an RO unit for over 10 years and never had one single issue with them. Of course i have always used a certain brand. Then my unit was shot so i needed to buy a new one. I mean what can really go wrong with a RO unit right!? Nothing but tubing and water. So I thought i would give this company a try. First of all a part was busted right out of the box....no big deal right...these things can happen. Secondly the "100gpd" membrane is making about 38 gpd where my 75 gpd unit i had was making almost 100gpd. Something not right with this picture. On top of that the pure water line has lots of air pockets in it which leads me to believe air is getting in from somewhere but i have adjusted all the fittings and cannot for the life of me figure it out. This may be one of the reasons why it is not making much water. For every inch of water coming out of the tube there is a two inch air pocket to follow. The ammonia coming out if my RO unit is just about the same as straight tap. So with all this i have been pretty frustrated and with several attempts to contact David he only replied back several days later when i threatened to dispute the charges of my pay pal. We have been going back and forth on my water temp, how much it is putting out in 10 minutes and psi etc...and at 65 degree water and 50 psi i should not be having these issues. Anyway it has now been two more days with no reply and here i sit with a $100.00 unit that takes me 24 hours to fill up a 30 gallon trashcan of water that may have just as well come out of my tap.

Sorry for the rant but this is a pretty big frustration point for me right now. But again Melissa for every one person with a bad experience i am sure there are two with good ones ;)

Melissa
02-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh no! That's terrible Cammie! I'm so glad I'm one of the lucky ones. I was a little put off my the plastic connector part... That's why I replaced it with a metal one from home depot and so far so good on the amount of water it can produce in a days time, it's been perfect for what I need it for. I never had to contact the guy directly so I've avoided that issue altogether...
Good luck getting it all sorted out! :(

Eddie
02-18-2011, 11:41 PM
So Melissa, did this unit come with a storage container?

Melissa
02-19-2011, 03:24 AM
Nope no storage container came with it. I didn't want one though. The unit i have is a 100gpd RO unit and it's going to be filling my 100 gallon vertical water storage container.... Setting it up with a float switch so I'll always have enough RO water. :)

I'm really happy with it. It's unfortunate it sounds like not everyone has had the best experience with it though. It only takes me 2-4 hrs to fill my 30 gallon trash can that I'm temporarily using to store water until I get the 100 gallon storage tank set up.
I've tested the quality of water coming out and it's definitely doing it's job! I'm super happy with it. No leaks, easy to connect and disconnect, flexible so i can unhook the whole darn thing and hide it in a cupboard, it hooks right to a faucet and if you need to stop filtering for a moment to wash your hands or something you can by just turning a little valve then easily flip it back on, and a great deal I'd say. So glad I didn't end up spending more like I thought I would have to.

Eddie
02-19-2011, 05:08 AM
That's what I thought, not all ro units come with a tank. Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

roundfishross
02-19-2011, 11:19 AM
I have purchased multiple units from them and they have performed flawlessly. this being said the guy was really slow to awnser emails with questions, great product and value, customer service was marginal....Leo