PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas with this cross?

chaoslite
02-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Anyone have any idea what Blue Turk and ARSG offspring would look like?

Mishka

Eddie
02-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Turquoise. Variations in the patterns

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

chaoslite
02-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Thanks Eddie.

Mishka

yim11
02-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Sometimes people forget Albinism is a recessive trait, so you shouldn't expect any of the offspring to be Albino in any cross.

A 9 bar turq vs a 9 bar leopard should be a nice cross! I would expect about 1/2 of each but there could be some nice pattern mixes as Eddie mentions.

chaoslite
02-22-2011, 12:49 PM
I had two fish vying for the ARSG's attention. One young leopard and a proven blue turq male. Yesterday morning she chose the turq and after 8 hours of dancing...eggs in the community tank! No chance of fry though since the KH is around 7. Contemplating moving them to their own tank if they do this a second time.

Mishka

Inland Empire Discus
02-22-2011, 12:53 PM
I had two fish vying for the ARSG's attention. One young leopard and a proven blue turq male. Yesterday morning she chose the turq and after 8 hours of dancing...eggs in the community tank! No chance of fry though since the KH is around 7. Contemplating moving them to their own tank if they do this a second time.

Mishka

Don't say no chance of fry due to KH. All my fish are breeding in tap water right now. Not large spawns but I am still getting fry. I would be more concerned of someone eating the eggs. Should be a nice cross.

Bill

chaoslite
02-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Really? I so did not know that. The parents are like pit bulls right now so no fish can get near them. I will keep an eye out and see what happens.;)

Don't say no chance of fry due to KH. All my fish are breeding in tap water right now. Not large spawns but I am still getting fry. I would be more concerned of someone eating the eggs. Should be a nice cross.

Bill

roundfishross
02-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Miska we want to see pics!!!!

chaoslite
02-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Ok but you have to excuse the dirty glass and the camera phone......lol

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/chaoslite/ARSG.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/chaoslite/newfish.jpg

Mishka

Eddie
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Nice pair.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

chaoslite
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks Eddie. :)

Disgirl
02-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Beautiful pair of discus!!! And I am glad to see they like their cone. Good luck with fry!
Barb

chaoslite
02-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Beautiful pair of discus!!! And I am glad to see they like their cone. Good luck with fry!
Barb

The female ate the eggs this morning. It was her first time, but the cone did the job. Now to see if they try it again before I move them to their own tank.

Mishka

jaykne
02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Very nice pair!!! +1 on the KH mine is much higher, I was keeping my pairs in 90% RO water till had a spawn in straight tap go to wigglers, now I breed in my tap water and get 75 to 90% hatch rate. My TDS are around 500, ph 8.5 very hard water, but that is the way it is with FL water!!! Larry

roundfishross
02-23-2011, 07:50 PM
niiice!!! I really like the b. turq, good luck with your spawn!

chaoslite
02-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Barb

Thank you by the way Barb. My friend wants two cones form you so I will be ordering this weekend.

Very nice pair!!! +1 on the KH mine is much higher, I was keeping my pairs in 90% RO water till had a spawn in straight tap go to wigglers, now I breed in my tap water and get 75 to 90% hatch rate. My TDS are around 500, ph 8.5 very hard water, but that is the way it is with FL water!!! Larry

Thanks Larry. I was thinking if they try pairing again I would throw a screen over it to see if the could become make it in just tap water.

niiice!!! I really like the b. turq, good luck with your spawn!

Thanks Leo. He is the first discus I ever bought. At a LFS I might add. Had I of known about Simply and beef heart mix and water changes, he could have been a monster. If it weren't for Eddie and Jerry (deepflyball) he would still be living in a 37 tall planted tank with 3 other discus. Now lets hope they try again.

Mishka