PDA

View Full Version : Best dry food?

snowflake311
02-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I feed my fish (not just discus) LOTS of stuff. From beefheart mix, dry Algae, Veggie Flakes, Bloodworms, cichlid pellets and brine shrimp.

What the best dry Discus food? I feed mine Tetra color Tropical Granules and they like them. I Try and feed NL Spectrum Discus food only one discus will eat it. The cory cats end up getting that food.

Would it be worth it to get Hikari Tropical Discus Bio-Gold. OR just stick to the Tetra color? what about Kens food I hear lots of good things. What would be good for me to get from him?

Eddie
02-25-2011, 04:51 PM
You'll find folks claiming one dry food is better than another, hands down but nobody has any clue which food is better. Just because their fish eat it well and look nice, come on. Stick with your regimen, it looks good. You are feeding a nice well rounded diet. Tetra color Granules have been used for ages and are decent. Flakes are also a good dry food. My personal preference is ON Prime Reef, its a little expensive. Also, Angel Plus has a large variety of different flakes are very popular. So its up to you on what you feed.

kendrid
02-26-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm not saying they are the best (how would I know), but my fish love Ken's flake beef heart and krill flakes. They eat them as enthusiastically as they do frozen blood worms.

snowflake311
02-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Well I was ordering some fish stuff and found Ocean Nutrition Discus Flakes. I can't wait to try these out. I think I made a good choice. I read a post on here about thus food and it just seems like good stuff.

Thanks guys.

Eddie
02-26-2011, 06:08 AM
Well I was ordering some fish stuff and found Ocean Nutrition Discus Flakes. I can't wait to try these out. I think I made a good choice. I read a post on here about thus food and it just seems like good stuff.

Thanks guys.

It's not bad, most of ON's dry foods are great.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

vera
02-26-2011, 07:19 AM
I tried Tropical D 50 granules and my discus went bananas for these , will b ordering more

Eddie
02-26-2011, 07:21 AM
I tried Tropical D 50 granules and my discus went bananas for these , will b ordering more

Thats my word! Bananas. :mad: LOL

vera
02-26-2011, 07:25 AM
was yrs now mine just like that kidney :p

Eddie
02-26-2011, 07:32 AM
was yrs now mine just like that kidney :p

LMAO, okay okay....