PDA

View Full Version : stringy white poo and bloat

mrblah00
02-25-2011, 10:53 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
Discus 1: About a week ago I noticed my LSS not eating, clamped gill and turning dark I promptly moved to a 29g quarantine and began metro treatments. He Started eating after a few days the the gill is unclamped and looks slightly better but still has the long stringy poo.

Discus 2: At the same time my checkerboard pigeon started hiding not attacking food and looking bloated. I moved her to the same tank for the metro treatment. I've also been adding epsom salts to the tank at 1.5tbsp/gal. Her poo is dark but small she just looks backed up.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
Discus 1: white stringy poop....looking dark.
Discus 2: Bloated

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
I've been dosing metro at 500mg/10gal every 8-12 hours with a 50% water change every 24 hours.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
Quarantine tank 29 gallons 2 fish it's been running for a few months in case of emergency.

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

see above

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp __82___

- ph __7.2___

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __less than 5 ppm__

- well water __no__

- municipal water __yes__

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

No

I've seen improvement in both fish, they are eating (not attacking food) but i was hoping after 5 days of the metro treatment I would have fish that are greeting me at the glass. I am also concerned about the bloating as this hasn't improved with epsom or metro. I'm going to continue the Metro for a total of 7 days, but i'm lost as to what to do next. Thanks for any help
Sam

Eddie
02-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Hmmm, when you say bloat, are you saying like the fish swallowed a gumball or just still having a slightly full belly? Also, you are adding 1.5 tbsp per each gallon? Is that a typo?

mrblah00
02-26-2011, 12:50 PM
sorry, that was a typo, per 10 gallons. It's not quite gum ball size but it's more than a full belly.

Eddie
02-26-2011, 02:57 PM
sorry, that was a typo, per 10 gallons. It's not quite gum ball size but it's more than a full belly.

Hmm, up it to 2 tbsp per 10 which might not make a difference and feed only frozen brine shrimp for several days.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

mrblah00
02-27-2011, 10:27 PM
I will give that a try Eddie. Thanks!
Sam

vss
02-28-2011, 04:05 AM
looks like intestitial bacterial infection. they might have taken some bad food like dirty or stale worms. don't know if you can find a prescribed antibiotic called Nofloxacin. it's super effective against this kind of problem. 500 to 600 ppm along with 90+F temperature, and with same dose of metro if you want, and it should work in two days.

Xiaofei :)