PDA

View Full Version : Read this please....

brewmaster15
02-28-2011, 07:00 AM
Hello Everyone,

A message here from the guy that pays the bills here and handles the BS when it periodically arises on the Forum. If you know me already ...great, you know what to expect. If you didn't know me , now you do. Just so we are all on the same page. I take this forum seriously, and I take the rules and issues here seriously. I have spent close to 9 years building this place with many good people's Assistance. I take it personal when things go south...very personal.

I understand that this past week has been a bit rough and wild here with regards to some threads and issues....My message box is loaded with messages regarding these issues and my Moderator staff has been trying to help as best they could. I have been away on vacation with my wife and children.....which I am sure you can appreciate. I have much reading to do, and I am sure to be logging many phone hours as I try to go thru this all and catch up and see if I can help sort it all out. I require every ones patience. It may be hard to believe but this is a hobby for me and my fellow admins and moderators, much as it is for you and we have obligations outside the forum...Still I will try to deal with this all ASAP. Publically I want to thank our Moderators for dealing with things while I have been away.

Here is what I will NOT tolerate in the meanwhile. Repeatly posting threads and issues that have been removed or editted by our moderators. I can still access the relative info. I will go thru it all. There is no need to repeat things on the forum or continue to post when indications have been given that enough is enough. You may find all relative threads removed to the moderator area and unaccessable while I sort thru them..That does not mean that they gone..... Straight up here...If issues are rehashed with new threads these new ones will be deleted permanently and If I think someone is being unreasonable about this...They'll be taking some time out from the forum to cool off. I don't need people muddying already murky waters.

If you are a member that has a direct interest in a problem thread, you can pm me directly to express your concern...and I will look into it. If you are a member that just wants to flame someone because you don't like them or take offense at their opinion...do us both a favor...drop it and move on. I've had it with some of the attitudes I have seen here... Some people forget their place here on this forum when they get riled up...Respect this site, each other, and its staff...its one of our rules here....whether you agree or not. Please remember that you Chose to sign up here as a member and are free to go elsewhere if you do not like this forum or its rules.

I understand at times tempers flare, feelings get bruised as do egos...But as the owner of this forum I still expect members to be civil and discuss problems in a polite fashion..That may seem outdated by today's standards, but it is what is expected here on this forum.

If you have no idea what I am talking about here, thats great. Problem threads account for probably less than 1% of the threads you will find on Simply ...They do not represent this forum, its memberships, its sponsors or moderators ...The other 99 +% does... I think everyone here should remember that when BS happens.

Regard all,
Al

fishy_dude
02-28-2011, 07:57 PM
very well said, thanks Al

April
02-28-2011, 08:23 PM
I told you all "wait till dad gets home. Now go get the
Belt! Lol.
Glad your home and hope you had a great holiday.

seanyuki
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
+1 lol......no mails in mailbox is good news.

Belt! Lol.

Keith Perkins
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Belt! Lol.

+1, and thanks for the smile April.

snowflake311
02-28-2011, 08:45 PM
That stinks that you had to come home to this. I'm not sure what it's all about but hope it all works out.

richgrenfell
02-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Agreed....sucks that you came home to this. Welcome home though!

DonMD
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I understand at times tempers flare, feelings get bruised as do egos...But as the owner of this forum I still expect members to be civil and discuss problems in a polite fashion..That may seem outdated by today's standards, but it is what is expected here on this forum.
l

Al, when are you going to run for political office ? ? ? You'd get at least 99+% of the votes. I kid you not! LOL. Welcome back.

brewmaster15
03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks everyone. At this point I am closing this thread.. It Served its purpose and its time for things to resume as normal here. People are still welcome to contact me if they need to regarding these issues.

Regards all,
and thanks for the patience.

-al