PDA

View Full Version : Contacts in LA/OC Area

Redlightspecial
03-07-2011, 01:24 PM
I am new to the discus world, I am coming from a longtime flowerhorn enthusiast. I have set up my tank, got my drift wood soaking and ready to add discus. Does anyone know where I can go to get a good selection of discus in the LA/OC area? 90703 is where I live, Cerritos, CA. Please tell me the name, addy, phone numbers, and any person I can ask for. I will post pics soon...

Thank you!

Chad Hughes
03-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm in San Diego....

moon_knight1971
03-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Think you'll fair better by checking out the Sponser section. I'm in the Bay Area and luckily live within minutes of Kenny who is a sponsor here. Chad Hughes is nearby too.

Inland Empire Discus
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I am in Rialto.

Bill
909-349-0033

beachcichlid
03-08-2011, 01:33 AM
I live in Long Beach, and I've bought fish from the following SD sponsers: Lucky Tropical Fish, call Kevin at: 310-674-3474; Inland Empire Discus, number listed above; and Discus Hans' Los Angeles outlet: Rainbow Pet Shop, 818-891-6366. Of the three, Lucky is the closest to you. You're going to have to drive to get to the other two. All three offer superior fish and friendly service. Two local fish stores have discus, Tongs and Strictly Fish, but they don't have the selection the other three do. Have fun stocking your tank.

inmisawa
03-08-2011, 02:07 AM
I haven't been happy with Rainbow Pet Shop's selection lately. Your best bets are San Diego Discus Hatchery, Inland Empire Discus and Kevin who carries Lucky Tropics Discus. My best advice is to think about what you want and then make phone calls because they all carry different strains and their stocks vary. I just picked up some fish from San Diego and I'm very satisfied with Chad's fish, but I don't think anyone of them will steer you wrong.

chaoslite
03-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I have purchased discus from both Inland Empire and San Diego Discus. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Bill and Chad are knowledgeable, very helpful and really nice guys to deal with. You really cannot go wrong with either one of them. Do what inmisawa says and figure out what you want, then give them a call.

Mishka

Redlightspecial
03-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Thank you all for your input, will check these local/non-local stores out...

Please keep it coming...