PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Tanks need helps

MKD
03-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi,

I am planning to set up couple breeding tanks and I have these 25G tanks look like the ones in Petsmart with 2 drilled holes in the back. I am thinking to the plumbing just like pic # 2 for water change but not sure it'll be the best way or not. I am going to have a ball vals for each line just in case tank doesn't need wc. Please give me some ideas.

Thank you,

MKD
03-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I think i am in wrong section, sorry about that. Can anyone move me please????

Thank you,

nc0gnet0
03-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Are you planning on using an inline pump on the out side or just siphon? I would ditch the hard PVC pipe and go with a flexable hose that could reach the bottom and be pulled out of the tank when done, otherwise your still going to have alot of debris on the bottom of the tank when you get fry.

MKD
03-11-2011, 02:12 AM
At the beginning, I was thinking to set up as siphone but realized where I'll drain the water is higher than the lower tanks. So dont think it'll work. I may have to use pump but not sure which one will handle 6x 25 gallon tanks?

MKD
03-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi MOD,

Please move my post to the right place. I need some ideas how to set up filter/WC for my breeding tanks. I am going to use a pump to pump water from sump to wash and dry drain for w/c. Most people drill holes from bottom, but mine is top corner and afraid it's not enough. Tha't why I am going to use flexible tube to go down a little bit. Is it good ideal and save for frys???

TURQ64
03-19-2011, 02:54 PM
At the beginning, I was thinking to set up as siphone but realized where I'll drain the water is higher than the lower tanks. So dont think it'll work. I may have to use pump but not sure which one will handle 6x 25 gallon tanks?
Little Giant, model 3-MDQ-SC, or 3-MDQX-SC, I run four of them, and I'm a bit biased..Gary

MKD
04-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Ok i finally finished the rack and ready for plumbing. here is my plan, please let me know if it's ok or any advises.

Thank you,

MKD
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I want to start new adventure, finally i got them up but not cycled yet. I have couple pairs in tank, they spawn every 2 weeks, hopefully they're true pairs. Let see how far can i get thru those rough times during adventure.

http://vietchain.com/files/posted_images/5/iphone_pictures_178.jpg

http://vietchain.com/files/posted_images/5/iphone_pictures_179.jpg

cram
05-31-2011, 05:19 AM
nice set-up - but are you regulating the flow out with a ballvalve? Wouldn't that produce a syphon effect?
replacing the 90o elbow at the top of the outlet with a T would prevent syphoning. It would also not require a valve behind the tanks.

Bonkaz
06-11-2011, 06:32 AM
If its just used for a wc then does it matter if there is a syphon? if you want them to be for an overflow steup then you would use the tee with a cap and a small hole drilled into it.

Bonkaz
06-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Oh just make sure that you have some sort of stainer on the outlet

MKD
06-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm using it for quick wc to save time.

Thank you for your input, any better option?