PDA

View Full Version : Very Strange Behavior. Any ideas why?

chaoslite
03-09-2011, 12:00 AM
I have 125g. In the tank I had 9 discus. Two weeks ago I added a female Red Turq and after a day or two of chasing the new kid, all was well. Last week I added a Golden Melon and ended up with a serious Gangland Beat Down.:bandana: Three of my albinos would corner and attack the new fish at the same time. If she tried to escaped they would cut her off and beat her down again. She spent a week trying to avoid these fish. I did not see a decrease in the attacks so I pulled her and she is now hanging out with my three juvies, having a good time. She is very laid back and so were my albinos until she moved in.

Does anyone have any idea why the three will not leave her alone?

Mishka

Eddie
03-09-2011, 12:17 AM
I have 125g. In the tank I had 9 discus. Two weeks ago I added a female Red Turq and after a day or two of chasing the new kid, all was well. Last week I added a Golden Melon and ended up with a serious Gangland Beat Down.:bandana: Three of my albinos would corner and attack the new fish at the same time. If she tried to escaped they would cut her off and beat her down again. She spent a week trying to avoid these fish. I did not see a decrease in the attacks so I pulled her and she is now hanging out with my three juvies, having a good time. She is very laid back and so were my albinos until she moved in.

Does anyone have any idea why the three will not leave her alone?

Mishka

Yup, your discus are mean! ;)

chaoslite
03-09-2011, 12:31 AM

ROFLMAO. I was thinking maybe they were racists and they just don't like orange. They did not beat up on the Turq the week before.

Mishka

Eddie
03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
ROFLMAO. I was thinking maybe they were racists and they just don't like orange. They did not beat up on the Turq the week before.

Mishka

Maybe they can't see the turq well. ;)

Skip
03-09-2011, 12:50 AM

Mishka

Maybe they can't see the turq well. ;)

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

Chad Hughes
03-09-2011, 12:59 AM
LMAO! So what you are saying is she's a sassy black lady?

Just when you think you've heard it all. :D

chaoslite
03-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Warlock you kill me...lol

Eddie She was the brightest fish in the tank. Maybe she hurt their eyes....lol Do they make sunglasses for discus?

Chad She has a sassy black owner so maybe I rubbed off on her. ...lol

Maybe I should just add more bright orange fish so they can share the love.

Chad Hughes
03-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Maybe she just needs her own crew... Do you think you have gang activity in your tank? :D

Eddie
03-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Maybe she just needs her own crew... Do you think you have gang activity in your tank? :D

Yup, she needs her own crew for sure! ;)

chaoslite
03-09-2011, 01:42 AM
I am sooooo NOT starting another tank. No way no how! She can hang with the juvies while the Albinos get shipped off to reform school OR GET SOLD.

Starting a for sale thread now.

"Three Albino Hooligans for sale. Must not be in a tank with bright orange fish or some fish is going to get shanked.":o

Eddie
03-09-2011, 01:50 AM
"Three Albino Hooligans for sale. Must not be in a tank with bright orange fish or some fish is going to get shanked.":o

Thats right, GANG MEMBERS!

chaoslite
03-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Where did I go wrong? They live in a nice neighborhood. They went to good schools. I should have paid more attention. I can put up with the smoking and drinking. Oh and lets not forget the tats. But violence has never been part of our home. Oh wait I did own the Ike and Tina of discus. Never mind.

All kidding aside do you think it could be the brightness of the fish?

Mishka

Eddie
03-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Where did I go wrong? They live in a nice neighborhood. They went to good schools. I should have paid more attention. I can put up with the smoking and drinking. Oh and lets not forget the tats. But violence has never been part of our home. Oh wait I did own the Ike and Tina of discus. Never mind.

All kidding aside do you think it could be the brightness of the fish?

Mishka

Its that TV, watching too much violence on the TV. LOL

Don't know, its how they roll, discus thug life.

Chad Hughes
03-09-2011, 02:27 AM
I told you this wasn't going to be easy. :(

Melissa
03-09-2011, 02:57 AM
ROTFLMAO! You guys crack me up!!!! Sorry for the troubles Madame Mishka! :)

chaoslite
03-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Its that TV, watching too much violence on the TV. LOL

Don't know, its how they roll, discus thug life.

ROFLMAO. That's it. No more of " The First 48" and "Criminal Minds"

chaoslite
03-09-2011, 03:01 AM
ROTFLMAO! You guys crack me up!!!! Sorry for the troubles Madame Mishka! :)

Thanks Melissa. I think we should have Chad donate Big Red to test out my bright orange fish theory. What d you think?

Mishka

Melissa
03-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Thanks Melissa. I think we should have Chad donate Big Red to test out my bright orange fish theory. What d you think?

Mishka

Definitely.

He's bad a$$ enough to handle himself in a tank full of gangsters! If any fish could set them straight, that fish could!

chaoslite
03-09-2011, 03:14 AM
Mmmmmmmhmmmmmm See that is what I am talking about. OH CHAD!!!

But what if he hurts himself cleaning up my tank and can't produce babies? Never mind. I am getting gang of orange fish and sending them in to kick some Albino booty.

Mishka

TURQ64
03-09-2011, 08:24 AM
must be drugs in the water column...!

chaoslite
03-10-2011, 03:00 AM
They are not in the water column. Martha taught us all to put it in a water tight bag under the substrate.

;)

Keith Perkins
03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
They are not in the water column. Martha taught us all to put it in a water tight bag under the substrate.

;)

What? Martha???

mmorris
03-10-2011, 03:23 PM
LOL

Melissa
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM

;)
BAHAHAHA!!

You better check your water tight bags Mishka... Maybe one is leaking?