PDA

View Full Version : HomeSitter temperature, water, power monitor

discussmith
03-23-2011, 12:11 AM
I live in a very low wet area where my house sump pump runs year round. This time of year it runs about every minute to minute and a half. I have had this system fail at least 6 or 7 times over the years and it failed 3 times in the last year alone. It has failed for every possible reason. The power went off, the float failed, the pump impellor broke, the intake got clogged, the motor burned out. If only I found out in time I could have saved a flooded basement. I was at a lumber yard and saw this device. The HS700 House Sitter. It will automatically dial 3 numbers in the event of Temp. alarm, water leaks and floods, power loss. You program in the numbers and it will call each one in order until one is answered. You can then cancel the alarm if you choose. The reason I am relaying this is because I thought it would be quite handy to place on an aquarium. You would be notified if you lost power (time programable), or you could place the water sensing disc where a leak might occur. You could attach floats to the wires for the disc to notify if water rises too high in the main tank and/or too low in a sump. The temp. sensor is built in and designed for low temp. below 45F or too High >85F and you must choose with a dip switch which temp to monitor so no help for tank water. It is a little pricey at $99, but if you had a D.A. or Neptune controller attaching an auto dialer wired in would cost more than that. I installed it on the house sump and it works as advertised. Of course I hope I never need it, but with my track record it's probably only a matter of time.