PDA

View Full Version : Hows this fish look ?

Discus_1
03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Heyy everyone (:.

Just testing and doing a w/c on the "big" tank . so i decided to come on here.
My discus are doing great ! . thinking of moving them maybe today , or tomorrow.depends on the results . im tessting ammonia, and nitrite.

And also , i wanted to see what you guys think of this fish , ?
this company and some interesting fish , just i dont know if there discus are any good ?

Heres a link to one there selling called "Blue Eagle" <-- (never heard of that before)

http://www.littlefishcompany.com/Little_Fish_Company/The_Boiler_Room.html#33

Skip
03-23-2011, 04:16 PM
you can't get them anyways.. they are wholesalers.. do you have an LFS that buys from there.

Discus_1
03-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Yes my local lfs orders fish in especially from there. and they do special orders for customers.

Northwoods Discus
03-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Better to get your discus from a discus only breeder rather than a menu of animals site. You will get much better stock from one of the sponsors. I know you are going to work with a LFS but why? When they get them and put them in their tanks you get all the possible diseases with it from all other suppliers. If you get fish from a sponsor you also get support.
That is cool name for what appears to be a cobalt or turk or something blue. It's like the gimmicks people use to sell mixed breed unregistered puppies. Like labradoodle or pugle.

Discus_1
03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Mhmm. Ive only Bought from 2 lfs's for discus, the first one, im not going back for discus again, . they other one, is questionable because it had some really nice rsg adults and he got them all from breeders.

ShinShin
03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
It just looks like a red turquois variant of some sort. See our sponsors for better discus. Red turquois are still my favorite. Get the best here.

Discus_1
03-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Yes redturqs are nice ! . and yes, i know. lol.
i do not know when i wil be gettting more discus though. it was just a thought. probably in the summer. ,

Altum Nut
03-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Hey Garret,

Can't really comment on the fish shown as it may not be the one you buy.
However, if thier in B.C.....why not just order from April. Your sure to get quality and great customer service. Something that is very important these days.

Whatever you decide, good luck.
...Ralph

Discus_1
03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Ohk, thnaks Ralph, It was just a thought really.
And yeah , ok . , but the freight for shipping, is just .. yeah , abit of money . lol.

jimmyjoe
03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
IMO, I wouldn't buy that discus pictured or any that look like that with my money or yours, but that's JMO...........JIm in Ohio

Discus_1
03-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Ok, Thanks :)