PDA

View Full Version : Albino Pair update!!!

jaykne
03-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Well as of right now these guys seem to be doing very well:)!!! Of cource thier fry went free swimming about 11pm so I have been up all night and all day trying to get these guys to attach and stay attached:coffee: LOL.
There are at least 100 fry all seem to go feed off the parents but won't stay attached have to keep playing with them to get them to come out and feed, about to drive me mad:D!!! I think if I just left them alone I would be lucky to get half to make it, so I will just keep messing with them till they fully attach if I don't go insane first;).
But anyways it is this pair will get pictures of them with fry attached soon I hope, that will really make my day:)!!!

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss260/jaykne/DSCF0528.jpg

Northwoods Discus
03-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Keep us posted on all your trials and tribulations or better yet what successes you have. There are plenty of us out here trying to succeed with albinos.

Second Hand Pat
03-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Larry, hope these guys attach soon so you can get some sleep.

wendy9722
03-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Did you lower the water to help?

jaykne
03-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Keep us posted on all your trials and tribulations or better yet what successes you have. There are plenty of us out here trying to succeed with albinos.

Thanks, I feel your pain they are very hard, there are no real secrets seems every pair is so different!!!

Larry, hope these guys attach soon so you can get some sleep.

Thanks Pat, they all have been feeding off and on but have to keep ajusting things been going in there about ever 20min and end up spending an hour!!!
I took a 30 min nap now I am ready to go all night, put this much time into them can't stop now I am sure I can get some to attach. But that is what I really hate got to be over 100 just can't get them to stay attached, looks like the parents are is worn out as I am LOL.

Second Hand Pat
03-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Wow Larry, stay committed and wish you and the parents the best. Keep the coffee pot warm.

jaykne
03-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Did you lower the water to help?

OH Ya parents are almost on thier side no sponge everything paintend light all the tricks nothing more I can do just keep ajusting the lights, have worked with Albino's before, and I don't give up:)!!!

Chad Adams
03-26-2011, 10:39 PM
OH Ya parents are almost on thier side no sponge everything paintend light all the tricks nothing more I can do just keep ajusting the lights, have worked with Albino's before, and I don't give up:)!!!

Ohh Man you're killin' me. Lol

johnnathan
03-27-2011, 02:54 AM
Larry...

don't give up..

Keep update to us..

Take Care my friend

jaykne
03-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Wow Larry, stay committed and wish you and the parents the best. Keep the coffee pot warm.

OH I have been Pat but looks like I am losing:(. I feel asleep for about 5 hours and things are not looking good they are just all over again, also it is this pairs first time to go all the way, they have never had free swimmers so if not than next time they should be allot better:).

Ohh Man you're killin' me. Lol

You are killing me chad LOL!!! You make it look so easy, but I know you put allot of work into them my friend and it shows!!!

Larry...

don't give up..

Keep update to us..

Take Care my friend

Thanks Johnnathan, I don't give up, everytime I loss just makes me more determined if not this spawn than always the next spawn. ;)

Second Hand Pat
03-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Larry, I'm sure if not successful this time then next time. Sounds like both you and the parents are committed.

rdiscus
03-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Looks awesome

jaykne
03-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Larry, I'm sure if not successful this time then next time. Sounds like both you and the parents are committed.

Hey Pat, things are looking pretty good got allot that are staying on the parents almost all the time:). I still have about 20 or 30 that stay in one corner and just come and feed once in a while, but I must have well over 50 on the parents;)!!!

Looks awesome

Thanks can't wait to show pictures with fry on them!!!

Second Hand Pat
03-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Woohoo Larry, great news. Your hard work is paying off. Yes, pictures will be nice when ready.

jaykne
03-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Woohoo Larry, great news. Your hard work is paying off. Yes, pictures will be nice when ready.

Hey Pat, Ya allot of hard work, would not beleave how hard it is but I am really excited right now:bounce:!!! I did have some that died today ones that were not eating enough, but as of right now the rest are all on the parents and seem to be staying there. I can't change anything yet or they tend to wonder away so it will still be a couple days before I can get pictures, but will as soon as they are staying right on the parents!!!

nc0gnet0
03-28-2011, 07:51 PM
How are/were you moving them? Turkey baster? Just curious

Rick

jaykne
03-28-2011, 08:59 PM
How are/were you moving them? Turkey baster? Just curious

Rick

Hi Rick, what are you asking how I am moving?

Second Hand Pat
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
See, all the hard work is paying off. So how big is the spawn at this point?

jaykne
03-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Wanted to update everybody!!! Last night got up at 2am to check on them and the female was eating the fry:mad:, pulled her right away was not going to lose this spawn after all the work. The male is doing good but allot of the fry starting swimming all over the tank again, so now back to getting as many as I can to attach to them male. I will update again soon, Larry.

truc_tuyen
03-29-2011, 07:35 PM
bad lady. tell her that she could go to jail for doing that

jaykne
04-02-2011, 05:26 PM
bad lady. tell her that she could go to jail for doing that

Well she didn't really go to jail, went in main tank and spawned with anther male LOL!!!

Melissa
04-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Well she didn't really go to jail, went in main tank and spawned with anther male LOL!!!
Lmao she's a hooooooo HAHHAHA

jaykne
04-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Well just an update, as of right now still have allot of fry no idea how many but allot for the male!!!:) They have been on bbs now for 2days and eating really good, still got the tank front covered just in case, another day or so and will take it off and get pictures:D!!!
These guys were allot of work but at least I know now that I can get them to attach and I am sure every spawn will get more easy LOL:)!!!
Larry

jaykne
04-02-2011, 05:52 PM

Ya, I know now why she started eating the fry, wanted to spawn again LOL!!!

Second Hand Pat
04-02-2011, 06:14 PM

+1 LOL.

Hey Larry, sound like you are working through the issues and you just might end with a decent number from this spawn. There had better be some real stunners in there. I know you get getting satisfaction from the attachment process but I would like to see you get to the finish line with these guys.

jaykne
04-02-2011, 06:54 PM
:
+1 LOL.

Hey Larry, sound like you are working through the issues and you just might end with a decent number from this spawn. There had better be some real stunners in there. I know you get getting satisfaction from the attachment process but I would like to see you get to the finish line with these guys.

Hey Pat, should be good to go now I have got through the hardest part with Albino's, getting them to attach:)!!! I know what you mean trust me but this is only my second Albino/Albino spawn so now they are fully attached and eating bbs should be good to go, but never know they are fish and anything could happen!!!

nc0gnet0
04-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Congratulations Larry! I am sure, looking at the parents, that the offspring will be stunners. Be sure to keep us updated!

Rick

Elite Aquaria
04-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Great job Larry

jaykne
04-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Congratulations Larry! I am sure, looking at the parents, that the offspring will be stunners. Be sure to keep us updated!

Rick

Thanks Rick!!! They both have a very nice shape for Albino's, and can't go wrong with two spotted fish!!!

Second Hand Pat
04-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks Rick!!! They both have a very nice shape for Albino's, and can't go wrong with two spotted fish!!!

+1

jaykne
04-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Great job Larry

Thanks Dan!!! They were allot harder than I thought, get them to attach and half hour later they are just all over the tank again. Took 5 days before they were fully attached.

wendy9722
04-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Best of lucky with the babies. I'm sure I'll be watching this thread and a lot of others. Keep us posted!!!!

sourav.ghosal
04-03-2011, 12:38 PM
great news.. would love to see the fry's pics.

jaykne
04-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Best of lucky with the babies. I'm sure I'll be watching this thread and a lot of others. Keep us posted!!!!

Thanks, the babies are doing really good feeding bbs 6times a day and do 100% water changes in the morning and night, I will keep this updated be it good or bad!!!

great news.. would love to see the fry's pics.

Thanks, pictures will come soon, I just want to make sure I don't disturb the father to much this is his first time carry fry:)!!!

Second Hand Pat
04-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Larry, really glad to hear your fry are doing so well. Testament to your time and hard work with these guys.

rdiscus
04-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Awesome pairs ... can't wait to see fry picture

jaykne
04-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Larry, really glad to hear your fry are doing so well. Testament to your time and hard work with these guys.

Thanks so much Pat, really eating bbs now, and uncovered part of the front and all is well:). Ya they are hard work but worth it to me:D!!!

Awesome pairs ... can't wait to see fry picture

Thanks, got a picture more will come at a later time:)!!!

baarda
04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
looking good.

jaykne
04-03-2011, 05:50 PM
OK here is one picture I took really quick, not that great and some of the fry are at the other end of the tank. I will get more pictures when the tank is uncovered, that way I can sit back a little ways and zoom in the male does not like pictures LOL:D!!!

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss260/jaykne/DSCF0543.jpg

Disgirl
04-03-2011, 06:27 PM
What a great sight, very well done! I know how happy you must be now!
Barb

baarda
04-03-2011, 06:32 PM
i take 2 please.

Second Hand Pat
04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Awesome Larry, totally awesome.

hedut
04-03-2011, 06:48 PM
WOW Congratz Larry

Mr.BigBlock
04-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Wow! Awesome shot of Dad and the fry! Keep it up!

Chad Adams
04-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Nice shot Larry, Congrats,
Chad

jaykne
04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
What a great sight, very well done! I know how happy you must be now!
Barb

Thanks Barb, I am very happy now:), the white cones I got from you work great for these guys;)!!!

i take 2 please.

I think it will be a while before they are selling size LOL!!!

Awesome Larry, totally awesome.

Pat my friend, thanks looks like I got about 60-70, guess it was a good thing the mom ate half, that would have been way to many for the father to hold any length of time LOL:)!!!

WOW Congratz Larry

Thanks Hendri, and you don't even have to ask my friend, if I see any that look like highbody or bulldogs will let you know;)!!!

Wow! Awesome shot of Dad and the fry! Keep it up!

Ya got to love pictures of fry on a parent, and yes these guys will get the best care I can give!!!

Nice shot Larry, Congrats,
Chad

Thanks Chad my friend, I think they are finally pretty safe;)!!!

mattsoccer20
04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Hey if any for sale i would LOVE to buy some off you. PM me if you have some :)