PDA

View Full Version : Advice

jodi
03-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Discus laid eggs. Its been about 50 hours since laid some white and clear?

Eddie
03-27-2011, 01:49 AM
ok

What strain/type are the fishes? Are the clear ones more amber or dark than when they were first laid?

johnnathan
03-27-2011, 03:01 AM
Check you water.. Union City water is over tds 250 ppm

same problem with mine..

Elite Aquaria
03-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Jodi,

Welcome to Simply Discus, I am a Moderator here so if you need any additional help feel free to send me a private message. Most likely the ones that are white and clear are not fertilized. You should be able to see a small black dot beginning to appear in the center of the fertilized eggs. Depending on the temp of your water, after about 72 hours you will see a small tail beginning to wiggle.

jodi
03-27-2011, 06:02 PM
ok

What strain/type are the fishes? Are the clear ones more amber or dark than when they were first laid?

The female is a Blue Daimond and male is pigeon blood. There were amber.

jodi
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Jodi,

Welcome to Simply Discus, I am a Moderator here so if you need any additional help feel free to send me a private message. Most likely the ones that are white and clear are not fertilized. You should be able to see a small black dot beginning to appear in the center of the fertilized eggs. Depending on the temp of your water, after about 72 hours you will see a small tail beginning to wiggle.

Thanks i will be sending you a message. And thank you very much =)!!

mmorris
03-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Jodi,

Welcome to Simply Discus, I am a Moderator here so if you need any additional help feel free to send me a private message.

I don't think the poster is likely to get bad advice, unchallenged, in the breeding section because more than a few of us who respond here have quite a bit of experience.