PDA

View Full Version : How much BH for juvies?

Fishwhispererpam
03-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I have 5. They are 3 to 4 inches. I have some frozen Beef Heart in cubes. I am giving one cube a night and not all at once. Does that sound about right?

Also, when this is gone where/what should I buy next? ...flakes? frozen?

I am also feeding-
FDBW (awaiting more from Al)
Spectrum Discus formula
Hikari Discus bio-gold

any other suggestions and who to buy from appreciated

Pam

Eddie
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
I have 5. They are 3 to 4 inches. I have some frozen Beef Heart in cubes. I am giving one cube a night and not all at once. Does that sound about right?

Also, when this is gone where/what should I buy next? ...flakes? frozen?

I am also feeding-
FDBW (awaiting more from Al)
Spectrum Discus formula
Hikari Discus bio-gold

any other suggestions and who to buy from appreciated

Pam

I say you should start making your own mix, you'll save plenty of money. Its also a good way to give that extra touch to your discus keeping.

Flakes are good, I am big time flake user. I primarily use Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef but I also use alot of flakes from Angel Plus. They've also got some good pellet food.

Fishwhispererpam
03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Eddie, you're always so good at responding... thanks! And thank you for your service too!

I'm not sure I am ready for the process of making my own BH. lol. Uh, a little overwhelmed by all these w/c's right now. (3 tanks)

The foods you mentioned are flakes? So what about the amount of BH I am feeding? Sound about right?

Eddie
03-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Eddie, you're always so good at responding... thanks! And thank you for your service too!

I'm not sure I am ready for the process of making my own BH. lol. Uh, a little overwhelmed by all these w/c's right now. (3 tanks)

The foods you mentioned are flakes? So what about the amount of BH I am feeding? Sound about right?

You are very welcome! That sounds good as far as amount. One thing to consider, feeding foods that can be messy are better fed before you perform your water changes. This will reduce the amount of food waste/bacteria build-up from food left in the tank overnight. ;)

And yes, the foods I mentioned from Angel Plus are flakes, as well as Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef.

http://www.eliteaquaria.com/Discus_Supplies_s/5.htm

http://www.angelsplus.com/FoodFlake.htm