PDA

View Full Version : Questions for any using computerized aquarium control.

discussmith
04-05-2011, 05:37 PM
If answering please list which brand and model you use and what approx. costs.

What is required for temp control? Can Hi and low alarms be set? If so what kind of alarm, and what additional equipment required?

How many light timers are available? What additional equipment required?

What is required to control additional pumps and/or filters that are not on 24-7 but by push button or float control? Thinking of sump type operation. Are any Hi-low water alarms possible? What kind of programing is available for control?

Thanks for your time.

DiscusOnly
04-05-2011, 06:15 PM
If answering please list which brand and model you use and what approx. costs.

What is required for temp control? Can Hi and low alarms be set? If so what kind of alarm, and what additional equipment required?

How many light timers are available? What additional equipment required?

What is required to control additional pumps and/or filters that are not on 24-7 but by push button or float control? Thinking of sump type operation. Are any Hi-low water alarms possible? What kind of programing is available for control?

Thanks for your time.

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=45

Possiblities are endless as you can always add more modules. It's quite pricey.

I use the older Aquacontroller III and love it. I can monitor or control it via a web browser or my iPhone.

CajunAg
04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I use a Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Lite to control my lighting, pump, and heaters. I got it here (http://www.marinedepot.com/Digital_Aquatics_ReefKeeper_Lite_Controller_Multi_ Item_Monitors_Controllers_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Digital_Aquatics-DA1131-FITEMOMI-vi.html).

With the basic kit like I linked above, you don't need anything for temp control other than a heater to plug into the power strip. The unit comes with a temp probe. Hi and Lo temp alarms can be set, and the alarms can be audible (beeping), visual (display flashes), and the unit can even send you an email if you have the optional internet module!

The unit has 16 timers for whatever you want, be it lighting, pumps, C02, heaters, powerheads, etc. Each timer can be based on a specific time window or probe input. It already has built in timers for heaters, pumps, and lights, and these can be modified.

They do make a single and a double float switch kit, and I'm sure you can set an alarm on these. Of course they could also be used to turn on pumps and such.

Programming is done on the unit, fairly straightforward. Unit can also be hooked up to a computer for firmware updates, but I don't think you can program it from there.

discussmith
04-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated.