PDA

View Full Version : Waialeale Discus Fish Hatchery

Skip
04-05-2011, 09:47 PM
I have seen this guy's site before.. has anybody ever dealt with him?

http://www.hawaiidiscus.com/

just wondering.. i searched all of SD.. and there was only one post tell a person moving to the ISLAND and to check his place out..

so it made wonder.. why?

sorry MOD.. i put this in wrong place.. meant for GENERAL DISCUSSION :(

Eddie
04-05-2011, 11:16 PM
You moving to Hawaii Skip? LOL

Skip
04-06-2011, 10:02 PM
i hear they have great weather.. :)

Northwoods Discus
04-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I can verify the great weather, we were in Kauai in February. It was wonderful. I wondered about aquariums there. There is strict import regulations for pets, plants etc. They made us dump some oranges we had in our pack. We did a deep sea fishing charter and had a 500 pound marlin on for a few minutes until it snapped 200 lb test leader.

Mr.BigBlock
04-06-2011, 11:32 PM
He's located on the Big Island so I haven't had a chance to visit his hatchery yet...maybe on the next trip there.

We do have quarantine laws, but bringing in discus usually isn't a big deal with the right permits.

Oh, and the weather is great this time of year.

Jennie
04-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Kauai is awesome..not crowded and not so much concrete! beautiful green

CliffsDiscus
04-07-2011, 05:13 PM
He's located on the Big Island so I haven't had a chance to visit his hatchery yet...maybe on the next trip there.

We do have quarantine laws, but bringing in discus usually isn't a big deal with the right permits.

2ljd,
Where is Ray Kasaka(Discus Hawaii) retire? I love the beaches at North Shore and Leonards's Malasadas.

Cliff

BOBT00LS
04-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I have seen this guy's site before.. has anybody ever dealt with him?

http://www.hawaiidiscus.com/

just wondering.. i searched all of SD.. and there was only one post tell a person moving to the ISLAND and to check his place out..

so it made wonder.. why?

sorry MOD.. i put this in wrong place.. meant for GENERAL DISCUSSION :(

I actually purchased a few White Butterfly's from them several years ago. The discus were large, thick and the gentleman I dealt with was very accomodating. He sent me pics of each individual fish and they shipped from Hawaii to NJ very well.

Bob

Mr.BigBlock
04-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Hi Cliff,

I haven't heard that name in a while. I don't think Ray is selling discus anymore...he actually lives only a few minutes away from me, but I haven't seen or heard from him in many years. Unless someone else here has heard otherwise, I think Ray retired from the discus biz.

diveshooter
04-08-2011, 03:19 AM

Waialeale is on the island of Kauai, and the owner's name is Rodney. If you read the web site the information is there. I exchanged a few emails with Rodney when I was looking for my first discus purchase, but he didn't have the strains I was interested in so went with Kenny's instead.

Mr.BigBlock
04-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Waialeale is on the island of Kauai, and the owner's name is Rodney. If you read the web site the information is there. I exchanged a few emails with Rodney when I was looking for my first discus purchase, but he didn't have the strains I was interested in so went with Kenny's instead.

My bad, Kauai is correct.