PDA

View Full Version : Golds/Yellows offspring?

ericatdallas
04-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know what the offspring of Golds/Yellows being sold look like? I was thinking of buying a few and although I have no plans to breed yet, I would like to one day.

John_Nicholson
04-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I have been looking for high quality yellow breeding stock for about 20 years...In that time I have found 1......

Good luck.

-john

DiscusOnly
04-06-2011, 01:47 PM
I am growing out some MG and they are turning orange as each day pass. It would be interesting to see what they will end up with 9 months from. I will try to breed them regardless.

BOBT00LS
04-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Hey Van, hows it going ? We have two pairs of Yellow Whites from Kenny that spawn regularly. From what I have seen of the fry since they dont stick around to long here, they seem to keep their yellow coloring unless they are fed tetra bits or other foods with a high red content. Since they are gold based, peppering is eliminated. I feed them mostly Sera blue pellets and Al's freeze dried blackworms. Occasionally some veggie flake and ON marine pellets.

Bob

DiscusOnly
04-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey Bob,

Things are going pretty well here...just been busy going on the "wild" side. I have never tried the Sera stuff (maybe I should give it a try). I am using the Angelplus growth and liver flakes on these juvies. I was using CBW as their primary diet for a while and recently switched to Al's FDB. They love Hans hamburger mix but I tried not to feed them that.

As you can see from this link, it was ridiculous how yellow they were to begin with. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?85506-Millennium-Gold I kinda knew they were going to change but I am beginning to see a few with little black on the fin's edge so I am beginning to doubt that it's golden based.

Thanks for your input.

Van

nc0gnet0
04-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Since they are gold based, peppering is eliminated.

Hey Bob,

There is some pigeon blood in the Ogon yellows whites, not so sure about being golden based.

Rick

BOBT00LS
04-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Dont quote me on this but i believe that while speaking with Kenny, we were told there was no pigeon in them which I had to believe since lots and lots of fry have been produced by our pairs and not a single one had any peppering.

Bob

ericatdallas
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey Van, hows it going ? We have two pairs of Yellow Whites from Kenny that spawn regularly. From what I have seen of the fry since they dont stick around to long here, they seem to keep their yellow coloring unless they are fed tetra bits or other foods with a high red content. Since they are gold based, peppering is eliminated. I feed them mostly Sera blue pellets and Al's freeze dried blackworms. Occasionally some veggie flake and ON marine pellets.

Bob

How does the spawn from the pair you got from Mike Beals look? I was thinking of ordering whatever yellow/gold strain he has for his next shipment. I've been looking at getting some for months now but I haven't had the room or time. Might jump on it for his next shipment...

hockey2324
04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
How about some updated pics on what they look like now. I was looking into buying some yellows myself.

BOBT00LS
04-07-2011, 02:52 PM
How does the spawn from the pair you got from Mike Beals look? I was thinking of ordering whatever yellow/gold strain he has for his next shipment. I've been looking at getting some for months now but I haven't had the room or time. Might jump on it for his next shipment...

The Albino Gold Milleniums from Mike Beals are outstanding and yellow as can be. They are spawning regularly and have produced wigglers although the male is learning as he goes and gets a bit better with every spawn.

Bob

BOBT00LS
04-07-2011, 03:04 PM
How about some updated pics on what they look like now. I was looking into buying some yellows myself.

I dont have any pics of the fry as they all get sold but below is a pic of one of the male Ogon Yellows from Kennyand below that is the Albino Millenium Gold from Mike Beals. The albino photographs well, displaying its true colors although the OYW's coloring gets washed out in the photograph.

Bob

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/IMG_0087.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/AMG010.jpg

ericatdallas
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Wow, so you're saying Mike Beals (...and Jeffrey Yang) are selling Yellows that stay that way? Nice! :)

Though the Ogon actually still looks great. I would buy it even at that color.

wendy9722
04-07-2011, 05:36 PM
They look really good!!!

nc0gnet0
04-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Another option is the Albino Pearl Diamond from Kenny.

moon_knight1971
04-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I got a Golden Crystal from Kenny 2 months ago. Very nice choice too. I picked up a Dickson Gold but he's only a few months old and the color has not fully developed.