PDA

View Full Version : Bugman, and anyone else......

jeepdad
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM
can you please post some pics of your Stendker Tefes? Thanks!

strawberryblonde
04-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes...pretty please?? =)

DiscusOnly
04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?81830-Thought-I-d-share-some-Pic-s

He is raising some pretty nice juvies too.

jeepdad: I believe the discus you got from Hans look a lot like the one on post #18

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?81830-Thought-I-d-share-some-Pic-s/page2

TURQ64
04-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Just a mention, but there are some F1's out on the prairie...not crosses, actual Green Tefe F1's grown in American hard water...........Back to minding my own business!

jeepdad
04-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Hey Van, you're right mine look similar to those but mine have more spots but less color on the fins obviously since mine are younger.

Turq64, if those Tefes are out on the prairie you'd better get them in water quick!!!! It's probably too late and they're dried up by now... the prairie is no place for discus, cattle yes, but discus, NO! LOL!

Let's see some pics of these "prairie Tefes" LOL!

strawberryblonde
04-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Hey Van, you're right mine look similar to those but mine have more spots but less color on the fins obviously since mine are younger.

Turq64, if those Tefes are out on the prairie you'd better get them in water quick!!!! It's probably too late and they're dried up by now... the prairie is no place for discus, cattle yes, but discus, NO! LOL!

Let's see some pics of these "prairie Tefes" LOL!

Even the fish are tougher when they live on the prairie. They all have little backpacks with bottles of water in them and they wear clodhoppers so they don't get dirty fins when they step in the cow patties.
Fish tanks for for wussy fish!

SB

TURQ64
04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Unfortunately, I'm having large carmera issues. Three flash cards in a row, mail ordered but the wrong card,so..I'm ordering number four.. as for the Tefe's, They came from a friend at dime sized, now 3 to 3.5 or larger..The current batch of fry were removed from the parents last weekend...There are pic's of the parents and siblings , along with the 'oooh's and aaah's' over in the wilds section posted by 'JamesP'.. And no, I don't think he wants to get into shipping, but I may later this year.Also the source of some nice Penang Eruption/ Heckel crosses..As for the cow patties, that's down south in Kansas or something..This is the 'Buffalo roam, deer and the Antelope play' zone....Gary

William Palumbo
04-08-2011, 08:54 AM
I believe the Stendker "Tefes" actually have no Tefe, or wild blood in them. So any Tefes, F0 or F2, will not look anything like them. 2 distinct beasts. Correct me Hans if I'm wrong...Bill

jeepdad
04-08-2011, 10:19 AM
That was funny SB!

Bill, I checked out every reference to Stendker Tefes before I bought mine from Hans, and there's not that much info out there. I realize that they have no relationship to wild Tefes whatsoever, although I'm curious how Stendker came up with them? B.I.D.K.A. had a controversy on their forums about the name, and there was some hot debate and locked threads over it.

Me, I kinda wish Stendker had come up with a different name, but I guess "a Stendker Tefe by any other name is still a Stendker Tefe" LOL!

strawberryblonde
04-08-2011, 06:28 PM
..As for the cow patties, that's down south in Kansas or something..This is the 'Buffalo roam, deer and the Antelope play' zone....Gary

Ohhhhhh, you have no cow patties? What prairie do your fish inhabit? I wanna move there pronto! My prairie is full of free range cattle and by golly, I'm tired of shoving those patties aside in order to dig up pretty rocks out of the ground. Tell me you have pretty rocks and I'll start packing.

SB