PDA

View Full Version : a guy wanted!!!!!!!!!!!

zimmjeff
04-11-2011, 09:18 PM
I thought that this would be a good place to post this. Say an ad for a 29 38 and 10 gallon tank. nothing else. been there awhile, months. called to offer 30 dollars. says that least he can take is 80 and one tank is a 55. ok I think not bad but not great i"ll do it. Emails me back not a 55 but the original tanks and that the right price is 100 for one of the tanks. ***. sorry for the rant.

ericatdallas
04-11-2011, 09:39 PM
$100 for one of the tanks? riiight... probably why he can't sell them... The most I am willing to pay is $1/gallon --- I might consider $1.50/gal for the bigger tanks. The smaller the tank, the less I'm willing to pay as you can usually find those $1/gal new, so I price those at $0.50 to $0.75. If you're willing to wait for them you can easily get them at that price IMO (and in my area).

I think the most I would pay for those 3 is $50-60...

Just wait, I'm sure you can find people giving 10g and 30g away (or close to it)...

zimmjeff
04-11-2011, 09:43 PM
thats what I thought I can just wait untill petco does it's 1 gallon sale. He's had these for sale for many months.

ericatdallas
04-11-2011, 09:48 PM
When I negotiate on Craigslist I always say something to the effect of, "I'm not trying to offend you, but I don't really need them that bad. I want them, but not at that price. If you find that you can't sell them at what you're asking, I'll give you $#.##. However, good luck, I hope you get what you ask."

As long as the offer isn't too low-ball, people will usually come down. I've left it up to them and made it clear my offer is firm. It helps that I don't have a timeframe when I shop for stuff on Craigslist and I really don't care... I would rather pay full price for NEW than even a mostly reasonable price USED.

Btw, your title is uhm... well... let's say implies that it belongs in another type of forum :P

zimmjeff
04-11-2011, 09:57 PM
definatly not but that is funny. I am married and have a 5 year old daughter. I shouldn't post while drinking.

ericatdallas
04-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh, for the record, I wasn't replying because I was interested! :P

I'm happily married to a -WOMAN- and a father of three. Your title actually got my attention -ONLY- b/c I was thinking, WTH, is this another spam post???

:)

discuz
04-11-2011, 11:49 PM
:)

wendy9722
04-12-2011, 01:09 AM
LOLS!!! I have those issues with people on craigslist that they really want to get rid of it but wont budge on the price. As far as the title posted. I didnt think of it that way. I thought of it as if someone needs locked up for awhile. LOLs :)

ericatdallas
04-12-2011, 02:49 AM
My wife sells stuff on Craigslist and I find it amusing when people say things like, "Can't you come down $20? It's -ONLY- $20." Well, if it's -ONLY- $20, why don't you just suck it up? We had that happen for a brand new item in the box that we had already come down on 50%. Sometimes you just need to realize you're getting a good deal and not try to press your luck.

The other one she gets a lot is, "I'm really broke, I can only afford to pay <super-lowball offer>" My wife just responds with a sob story herself... I mean, if we wanted to donate to someone, we would have just dropped it off at Goodwill...

wendy9722
04-12-2011, 03:01 AM
My wife sells stuff on Craigslist and I find it amusing when people say things like, "Can't you come down $20? It's -ONLY- $20." Well, if it's -ONLY- $20, why don't you just suck it up? We had that happen for a brand new item in the box that we had already come down on 50%. Sometimes you just need to realize you're getting a good deal and not try to press your luck.

The other one she gets a lot is, "I'm really broke, I can only afford to pay <super-lowball offer>" My wife just responds with a sob story herself... I mean, if we wanted to donate to someone, we would have just dropped it off at Goodwill...

I can honestly say that i'm not that bad.... Maybe $20.00 off of a $120.00 item but if its in excellent shape then full price.

ericatdallas
04-12-2011, 03:05 AM
well, it's not so much that they ask for $20 off... that's part of negotiating. It's that they say it's -only- $20 so it shouldn't matter to us because no one cares about $20. If that were true, then they should have no problem giving it to us because it's -only- $20 :)

TURQ64
04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
In my case, there's a lot of miles between listings. Being a resident of a sparsely populated state, it's seldom worth the 75 bucks in gas to go buy a 20$ item..I've had to drive 180 to 250 miles for most of my used tanks..The price is considerably higher once fuel is included....I purchased 80 tanks from a distributor's liquidation sale....150$..took three trips with truck and trailer to retrieve them. That added 300$ to the cost of obtaining them...I listed some for sale at ten bucks a pop. In jest, I posted '5 bucks if you pick them up'..never thought I'd get any takers..A breeder 100 miles away took me up on it and bought 40 at 5$...I think I lost money on that deal, but didn't have to figure out where to store 'em....Jeesh!.used fish stuff!