PDA

View Full Version : Plants

dadecountyalan
04-14-2011, 06:03 PM
does anybody here know of a good source where i could buy plants from?

Offpath
04-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Depends on what you want. I've had mixed luck buying from LFS and online stores, but I've had pretty good experiences buying/trading from other hobbyists on plantedtank.net (you need to create an account to see the swap-and-shop forum) and from my local planted aquarium club.

zimmjeff
04-14-2011, 09:43 PM
if you have a card petco has some pretty good deals.

baarda
04-14-2011, 11:51 PM
G. Posada from Wattley down in Miami knows a guy.

Solid
04-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Try Neighborhood fish farm off of bird road and like 127th ave. Tropicalfishmiami.com they ussually have a good amount and the guy who works there will special order any plant you want from Florida aquatic nurseries. Floridaaquatic.com

Northwoods Discus
04-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Aquariumplants.com I ordered plants and equipment from this site and had a very good experience.

jcardona1
04-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't like buying plants from online retailers. They usually skimp on the size/quantity and they use stock photos so you never know exactly what to expect. Plus, a lot of plants are grown emersed in farms, so they will have to transition into submerged state.

That's why I get all my plants from forum members at www.plantedtank.net. You get great plants, big quantities, you get to see exactly what you're buying, and everybody ships USPS Priority so shipping is almost always $6 per package.

White Worm
04-15-2011, 04:56 PM
I've got a bunch that I am about ready to trim if you are interested, I'll post a picture soon.

BradC
04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
I have always bought mine off of www.aquariumplants.com.

Also the S&S Thread on The Plnated Tank - http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/

You can also start a thread stating which plants you want to purchase and someone will have what you need :)

ericatdallas
04-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I would agree on www.plantedtank.com but the nice thing about online retailer is they offer more varieties in one place. I've had good luck buying online. The retailer I used is shutting down and moving so they've been unresponsive (so I won't post for them). However, even though the shipment was slow and communication poor, my last order was outstanding and cheap.

dadecountyalan
04-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't like buying plants from online retailers. They usually skimp on the size/quantity and they use stock photos so you never know exactly what to expect. Plus, a lot of plants are grown emersed in farms, so they will have to transition into submerged state.

That's why I get all my plants from forum members at www.plantedtank.net. You get great plants, big quantities, you get to see exactly what you're buying, and everybody ships USPS Priority so shipping is almost always $6 per package.

thanks everybody for the replies but what jose stated is exactly what im worried about. online retailers rarely state how big the plant is when shipped. and i just posted on plantedtank.net ive been a member there for quite a while.

dadecountyalan
04-15-2011, 06:36 PM
just so i could keep this going the main plant im looking for is green temple narrow leaf

and some anubias

BradC
04-15-2011, 08:04 PM
just so i could keep this going the main plant im looking for is green temple narrow leaf

and some anubias

I agree to what you said above.

About 4-6 months ago I bought green temple narrow leaf from aquariumplants.com and it came in excelent condition, and were about 6" in length..

My name on planted tank is BradC as well. Check out my 55 gal journal if you want to see the condition of the plants I got from them (20 gal journal also has the green temple narrow leaf left over from the 55 after it was taken down)

dadecountyalan
04-15-2011, 11:36 PM
WOW brad, guys check brads tank out!
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/bloodlust222/discustank.jpg

White Worm
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
[img]66281662826628366284
Dont know what they are worth??? Any ideas + shipping?
Will trade for shrimp if anyone is interested.