PDA

View Full Version : Terrible storm in North Carolina

Disgirl
04-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that here in eastern NC we had a very bad storm pass through late last night. Hurricane force winds and rain hit us for several hours in the dark. Here at our home all is well this morning but others lost lives, buildings, trees, vehicles and more. This is the storm that did so much damage farther west all week. Hope the rest of you in the storm's path did OK too. We had our generator ready to go and my battery air pumps ready too.
Barb

calihawker
04-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Sure glad to hear you're ok Barb:) my thoughts and prayers to those who lost lives and homes.

Steve-O

dean9922
04-17-2011, 10:50 AM
glad to hear all is well with you Barb.....so much damage can be caused when those events happen....take care

Darrell Ward
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
My heart goes out to the people down east, terrible destruction. We were fortunate up here in the mountains that we only got a bit of much needed rain. I'm afraid we probably have not seen the last of destructive storms this spring. Be safe down there in the lowlands.

Second Hand Pat
04-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Barb, glad all is well and prayers to all the folks affected by this.

LizStreithorst
04-17-2011, 09:53 PM
It passed through Mississippi before it went to you. My public radio station temporarily quit it's fund drive because every 5 minutes there was a tornado warning or a severe thunderstorm warning or a flash flood warning. I got lucky. I had big winds and torrential rains, but they didn't last long. These bad storms can be so hit or miss. This one spared me.

Disgirl
04-17-2011, 10:27 PM
We found out a few hours ago that things were even worse here than we knew. A huge tornado touched down just a couple miles east of us and destroyed many homes, tore through old forestland, ripped huge trees up and twisted them apart. We drove near by to see if it was really true and a horrible sight it was. Nobody killed, seems a miracle. We didn't even lose power. And hurricane season doesn't even start until June 1. Thanks all for your comments.
Barb