PDA

View Full Version : Cary GLD

LizStreithorst
04-17-2011, 09:44 PM
I spoke to him the other day. He and his partner bought the building across the street from the old shop where they were renting. Bills will be hugely less. So for all of you who still remember him and care about him, Cary and his fish store will live on.

Second Hand Pat
04-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Cary raises those awesome gold discus? right?

LizStreithorst
04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
He used to have killer White Butterflys and he had some to die for butter yellow solids. He has a fish store now. It's a different type of buiness. He's no longer catering to the Discus elite. But he's still around and doing well. He said he may make it to ACA, but although I know he'd love to I don't think that he will.

Second Hand Pat
04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Liz, Harriet mentioned him and those yellow discus. Love your new signature. :grin:

Eddie
04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Nice, he mentioned getting some fish a while back. Haven't heard from him since then.

Hope all is well on his end!

Eddie

Darrell Ward
04-18-2011, 12:27 AM
The first decent group of discus I ever owned I ordered from Cary by phone many moons ago. He did have killer fish back then. I have fond memories of them. Glad to hear he's still doing well.

Harriett
04-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Yes, the elusive pure yellow discus! I talked to Cary a little while ago. He [in a moment of confusion?] sold ALL the yellow breeders to an aquaintance. The guy is not up on breeding care and hasn't g0tten anything out of them since he got them. Cary was thinking to see about getting a couple pair back and see if he can get them conditioned and breeding again. If that happens, trust that I already have an order in! Not holding my breath but geez I would SO love to have a good big bunch of these yellow babies to grow out. These fish are just gorgeous.
Currently I have farmed out or sold off most of my discus. Lots going on on the home front, I had to take a break.
Best regards, and I am still around,
Harriett

bonginator
08-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Wow. The first discus I ever bought were from Cary. They were beautiful. No chance he will breed again?

He did such a nice job.

Sandy

rsawest@yahoo.com
08-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Good to hear Cary is still active. I hope to see him around more. All around good guy and great discus breeder!

Ronald
08-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I just cannot forget that pic he took after that disaster with his fish one day. Dead fish all on the ground. :(
But stuff happens.

Regards,
Ronald

bmalick
09-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Wow great news. A few weeks ago I wanted to take my friend to Choice because he is starting to get into the freshwater hobby. When I got there I looked in the store was empty and then I looked on SD someone posted that they were not moving and just closing. I was freaking out because many stores in my area were closing and I thought I was really running out of options. Plus I really only got to talk to Cary once and he is like and infinite source of info. Thank you for letting me know I am relieved.